+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: can you be happy?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: can you be happy?

It depends on what kind of person you are if you can be happy without a mate or not. Socialites hate being alone and always need someone to talk to, but there are the people who can deal with things perfectly on their own and solve problems without any help. I personally hate being in relationships because I despise being committed someone else's schedule. If your girlfriend wants to hangout and you don't it turns into a problem and becomes stressfull and I'd rather not deal with that (prefferably until I'm much older). I enjoy being on my own schedule and being able to call up a friend any time I want to hangout instead of having to commit to a girlfriend. And I'm the kind of guy that deals with problems just fine on my own, I don't need some stupid teen logic to help me out if I need logic I'll consult an adult (yes, 98% of teens are extremely illogical and foolish, and I don't exclude myself from that 98 percentile). And I don't like having people around me most of the time so I'm just peachy with being alone.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

I can be happy alone since I'm naturally an introvert, reserved and content. I believe in serving God, and self-love and dignity. It's nice to be hugged since it is warm but relationships are sometimes painful and full of conflict, ego battles, and extreme emotions. Sometimes being alone can bring peace and connection with the Universe. So yes it is possible to be happy alone with a sense of security, independence and self-reliance. It's not good to be too needy or co-dependent.

Newbie Beautiqueen may be famous one day Beautiqueen may be famous one day Beautiqueen's Avatar
    Thanks

I think u need to find in your heart to be happy. Happiness is a feeling that an individual have. It doesn't come from another so I don't think u need another person to be happy.

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

I mostly can be happy with out somebody. Being a loner brings peace some how to ur mind but in relationships its obvoius u need that person besides u.

perdoname michelle!

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

We all die alone anyway~ But humans need a laugh now and then~ So umm yea. Maybe a lil~ >_> Humans love to feel~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Haha, I'm the happiest pirate on these high waters, and I don't have anyone dragging me down.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, this is like the third coincidence since last week ^^; I just watched a Foamy episode where he rants on this topic a bit ^_^0

I do believe it's possible to not be in a relationship and still be happy; I just think a lot of people are afraid of actually being in that state.
    So many people today who aren't happy expect a partner to fullfill that need or they feel that even though they're happy, having a significant other would make them even *more* happy - which may very well be the case -- but they need to realize that, especially at a young age, relationships don't tend to last very long and relying that much on a person and then breaking up could lead to even more unhappiness.

I can hardly imagine making my well-being and happiness dependent on if I had a significant other, but I know it's harder for other people. A friend of mine had rushed from a very long-term relationship to another, thinking he'd be much happier, and ended up breaking up a month later. Since then, he couldn't find another girlfriend and, having not been single in over 3 years, he began to feel lonely, depressed and just really sad for months. But after a year of being single, he slowly began to get use to the idea and began to have fun and be happy again.

All in all, I feel a person should be happy and in love with themselves (not in a cocky way, mind you) first, so if something does happen to their mate, they won't just crumble in despair ^^; Kinda like that saying "You should love yourself being expecting love".
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    It depends on what kind of person you are if you can be happy without a mate or not. Socialites hate being alone and always need someone to talk to, but there are the people who can deal with things perfectly on their own and solve problems without any help. I personally hate being in relationships because I despise being committed someone else's schedule. If your girlfriend wants to hangout and you don't it turns into a problem and becomes stressfull and I'd rather not deal with that (prefferably until I'm much older). I enjoy being on my own schedule and being able to call up a friend any time I want to hangout instead of having to commit to a girlfriend. And I'm the kind of guy that deals with problems just fine on my own, I don't need some stupid teen logic to help me out if I need logic I'll consult an adult (yes, 98% of teens are extremely illogical and foolish, and I don't exclude myself from that 98 percentile). And I don't like having people around me most of the time so I'm just peachy with being alone.
    For once i agree with [Exoparadapsyphobia] so it all depends on the person i can't realy say that i am happier with or without a partner/companion but that is the thing when u single u do other things than u would normally do when u have a partner.
    Finding the right partner is definitely not for the faint hearted u have to be strong/dilligent and very true to yourself.Finding a partner because u feel comfortable with the person is not a problem, how u feel without that person might be. There is also a thing they say that Couples enjoy things together YES what they did not mention is that couples enjoy things alone aswell can your partner handle that if not then there might be a problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast