+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ceramics/Pottery

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

Ceramics/Pottery

Recently i learned how to throw clay on the wheel from my friend, and i must say it is an amazing feeling whenever you get the chance to do it. Making vases and bowls are so much fun, even learning the methods is a lot of fun. Anyone else share in this fun type of craft? Messing with clay makes me feel like a kid again, gettin to handle it and getting my hands and clothes all dirty with clay sludge brings back good memories hahaha. The only thing i have trouble doing is pulling up the clay to the maximum heigth, i have a hard time trying to get the walls even, the centering of the clay is pretty easy though often times difficult (especially bacasuse you have to use a lot of force to get it centered XD) Anyone have any advice on how to pull the clay better? I could really use it, there've been a number of times where i've caused the clay to flop over or make the walls too uneven =/

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ceramics/Pottery

In high school I got a chance to do ceramics, thought it was without the wheel thing you were talking about. Mostly we worked with something that wasn't exactly mud (cleaner and more firm probably doo doo) and it was fun. That was the only art class that I ever liked. Though I wasn't that artistic, so I didn't manage to create anything unique like my classmates did (one created an Aerith in a wedding dress). Awesome stuff, especially after you paint it and put it in the kiln.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i took Ceramics and Sculpture classes all four years of high school...

^_^ i have to say, it's one of the best things ever! i love the feeling of being able to mold your feelings however you want! ^_^ especially since i'm not very good at drawing... It was Soshi and Sculpting that made me want to be an artist! can't say i'm good yet... but... well... i don't really know anymore...

anyway!

Yeah! it's a great thing to learn! if you get the chance, take the class!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

...she forgot to mention she got gold in regional and silver in nationals in sculpting. (I know she didn't want to mention it)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i took Ceramics and Sculpture classes all four years of high school...

^_^ i have to say, it's one of the best things ever! i love the feeling of being able to mold your feelings however you want! ^_^ especially since i'm not very good at drawing... It was Soshi and Sculpting that made me want to be an artist! can't say i'm good yet... but... well... i don't really know anymore...

anyway!

Yeah! it's a great thing to learn! if you get the chance, take the class!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    ...she forgot to mention she got gold in regional and silver in nationals in sculpting. (I know she didn't want to mention it)
    You dont say . How about showing some of your creations?? I would love to see it

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well... i could take a picture of it when i get home... that is if my sister hasn't taken my laptop (again), since i don't have a camera... right now, it is under my desk, behind my mountain of sentimental plushies and right next to my cat's litter box...
    (Soshi: an amazingly beautiful place to keep a prize-winning sculpture.. thingy)

yeah... shut up... ^_^

EDIT! Here it is! ... yes, that is me on the side

Last edited by Abu Dhabi; Apr 16, 2007 at 11:26 PM.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

It's definitely for the children.

:ahem: ...

As for me, sculpture is pretty cool... but not really a type for me to consider as a job-type or hobby... just as something I do whenever whenever. It's fun. A great media of sorts.

Newbie Linren Seishi may be famous one day Linren Seishi may be famous one day Linren Seishi's Avatar
    Thanks

The sculpture looks good although I do admit that if I saw it in the middle of the night I'd probably scream ^^;

I've done pottery on the turning wheel before once. ^_^ It was cool though I didn't manage to seperate the piece I was molding from the rest of the clay XD
    Dreams of snow falling softly in the dark-filled night,
    Dreams of wings and stars and endless light.
    I'd live a thousand years and wait a thousand more for you,
    I'd dream a thousand dreams and hope that dreams come true.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast