+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Changing the School Year, Whats it going to be?

Newbie girlicious is off to a good start girlicious's Avatar
    Thanks

Changing the School Year, Whats it going to be?

If you could change the American school vacation system what would you change?

Like no spring, long summer, or no winter break and long spring break.
    what would you change?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Apr 13, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Changing the School Year, Whats it going to be?

i would make all school year round schools.
    I think it would be better if there were more breaks that way the students could get a break from everything. and with the school year being longer the teachers wouldn't have to rush to cram everything in before exams.
    Also they would have more time to make sure the students actually understand what is being taught. This way the students can retain more information that is given to them.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Apr 13, 2008 at 09:43 AM.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I know that in Germany they have a different system...one full week of school...and then one feel week of no school..and it goes like that full year around...or something like that....I am not sure...but I think that would be an awesome idea....because that way it would be much more spaced out unlike cramming everything into 10 months period and then getting a long break and the cycle continues......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Vacations smaller and more interspersed over the course of the AMERICAN school year. I know from first hand experience how much your brain can rot during that 3-month long summer vacation... It's my opinion our school year is outdated... It's design was because most Americans at the time were farmers who needed everyone to work in the fields during the summer, am I right? Or have I gotten something wrong again...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I know that in Germany they have a different system...one full week of school...and then one feel week of no school..and it goes like that full year around...or something like that....I am not sure...but I think that would be an awesome idea....because that way it would be much more spaced out unlike cramming everything into 10 months period and then getting a long break and the cycle continues......
    One week at a time is kinda stupid. One full month of school and then two weeks off would be better. What course or lesson plan can be done in a week?

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

I actually think this school system is actually very good as it is, it's easy and oyu don't take enough time off to forget things but you have enoguh time to enjoy yourself, i think it's great and your edjucation is important so if anyhting i would shorten the holidays only because we need the knowlodge these days!

Newbie rikus demonic lover is off to a good start rikus demonic lover's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we should have longer summer and winter vacation. Maybe get ride of spring break or maybe not. BUt they should have teachers teach and not cram everything were supposed to learn into our brain. And they should have good teachers that actaully teach not just some hack job they find at the corner or something. Someone who goes over things if no one understands and explains it differently everytime but every student gets it in the end
    I wish a life of a love of a life. Send a light to through the darkest of nights. Let a kiss fly from the heart. Love me like you loved me in our past lives. Send this pain back to me these cold lonely nights. Haunt all my fanasties leave all my dreams shadow yourself once again into me....

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    Vacations smaller and more interspersed over the course of the AMERICAN school year. I know from first hand experience how much your brain can rot during that 3-month long summer vacation... It's my opinion our school year is outdated... It's design was because most Americans at the time were farmers who needed everyone to work in the fields during the summer, am I right? Or have I gotten something wrong again...
    Yep that is why American school system is the way it is. The kids were expected to help their families on their farms in the summer.

It really is outdated. A year round system with mini breaks through out the year is more ideal for the retainment of the content learned. The three month break causes a lot to leak out.

I'm just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast