+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Changing the School Year, Whats it going to be?

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Changing the School Year, Whats it going to be?

I'd change it to be similar to the Japanese summer vacation because I think the American vaction is to long! I don't think I would like the homework during the vacation though.

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I pretty much agree with the current system myself. Where I am, summer is when tourist season typically kicks up, and more jobs are available for students who invariably need the money. If you have small breaks, holding a job is a lot more difficult. I'll be needing as much time to work this summer as possible to save up for university, which is getting more expensive by the year. This isn't much of an issue for younger students of course, but I feel it's a bit more important for older students.

I forget a fair amount of stuff I've done over the summer, but it takes maybe a month to get back that knowledge. You need those refreshers anyways, since new subjects typically build off what you've previously done anyways. that's my opinion, anywho.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Actually i would maybe remove a week from the easter holidays and place it onto the summer or winter holidays, they are more important to me and more time would be a blessing.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Recess man, they need to bring it back to all schools across America

I think they should make all Winter and Spring breaks shorter from 2 weeks to only one week that way students won't get lazy and forget all they have learned.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Recess man, they need to bring it back to all schools across America

I think they should make all Winter and Spring breaks shorter from 2 weeks to only one week that way students won't get lazy and forget all they have learned.
    Why do you persume kids/students forget things in the holidays, yes i admit it wears a little but remember if you want to keep a kid/student at a highstandard working rate you need the breaks to let loose and relax your self from all the studies revion, on a personal note...Do you forget things?(answer only if you are a student/kid or is attending school)

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

But then again, wouldn't implementing longer vacations for students defeat the whole purpose of going to school in the first place? If that happened, you probably wouldn't learn as much as you are learning right now, and even if you did, it'll be at a much slower pace. Much better to leave it as it is.

As Stephen Colbert said, "The safest way to avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater is to not change the bathwater."
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princess View Post
    i would make all school year round schools.
    I think it would be better if there were more breaks that way the students could get a break from everything. and with the school year being longer the teachers wouldn't have to rush to cram everything in before exams.
    Also they would have more time to make sure the students actually understand what is being taught. This way the students can retain more information that is given to them.
    I think that would be best but most kids look forward to have there summer break...months without school is like heaven for them...I think it best but I still think we should get summer break because without it kid would go insane at least I know I would.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

I would make summer vacation shorter and the winter vacation longer. I would also have more field trips and foreign exchange programs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast