+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Chicken Pox... errk..

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Re: Chicken Pox... errk..

When I was a kid if someone got chickenpox we were all suppose to go to their house to make sure we got it. The vaccine wasnt created until 1995, which was after I had already had them. Chicken Pox is a form of herpes or more specifically known as human herpes virus 3. It is highly contagious by air transmission and also by the open sores. Usally after having been infected you are immune for life and repeated infections are extremely rare.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

I did when I was little in Itallly I think. and yeah I was maybe 2 or 3 so I can't remeber much.(^.^)

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    When I was a kid if someone got chickenpox we were all suppose to go to their house to make sure we got it. The vaccine wasnt created until 1995, which was after I had already had them. Chicken Pox is a form of herpes or more specifically known as human herpes virus 3. It is highly contagious by air transmission and also by the open sores. Usally after having been infected you are immune for life and repeated infections are extremely rare.
    Not quite correct... It is rare for 'chicken pox' to come back in its original form... However, the 'chicken pox' virus can come back late in life in the form of 'Shingles'...

Herpes zoster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe she means rubella? Because when my mum was a kid, whenever they found out someone had rubella all the girls would go and try to get it too. I can't see anyone wanting to get chicken pox, but rubella - understandable. After all, rubella is usually quite minor (like a rash, or a fever). It's only a problem if you have it when you're expecting.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I have had them. Though everyone had them during 1st grade. Really sucked since I couldn't help but scratch everywhere. I felt like peperonies on a pizza .____.;;;

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    I never got the chicken pox, but my little bother did, and I did my part and teasing him like heck. XDDD YEA

that is kinda mean, but u know how karma works. just wait until u get urs. thats where the fun really begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Yeah guys and girls, don't feel good to never be infected before. You actually want to be infected as early as possible. Several reasons:

- Having it younger, you miss school and won't miss much cuz it's elementary school, imagine having it in high school

- Imagine getting it in middle school, looking like a freak.

- Older means you have a bigger body, twice the pain :lol:

- It's fatal and painful as you get even older. Example: teacher had a friend (guy) who had chicken pox way later, he said it was so painful especially for his testicles. Like it was in a vice.
    ok....... that ahh nice to know..... not sure how i should react to that last point.. but ahh i guess i'm thankful for getting mine early?

anyway my story about chicken spots; well i guess i got mine at a crappy time. got them when i was on holiday's with my parent at this resort (and we don't usually go on holidays). i think i was around 10 and all i can remember is that me and my dad where the only ones to get it. and we spent most of the time in the bath with the lotion stuff in it. really was a bummer cause i pretty much got them when we just got there and they didn't start to clear up until i left. so yea that was annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5