+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Choices

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Choices

I really hate making my own choices, it's so hard to decide, once you make a decision you may not like it and then you might not be able to go back to the way things were. What if you make a choice to change things or not to change things and then you are unhappy? Then you are stuck with a of feeling regret. I have a very hard decision ahead of me, and I am going to have to make a decision wisely. Little choices are fine, it's just big life changing choices that are so hard to pick.

How do you guys ponder what choice to make, do you write a list of pros and cons? Or do you simply just make a spur of the moment decision? I usually just push it to the back of my mind, because I don't know what to do, and then make a split second decision. Which hasn't always had good out comes. Do I move on, or do I not change a thing? At these moments I wish I had a time machine.

How do you guys feel about making choices? And how do you make the choice? Whats some of the most important choices you have had to make?

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Choices

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Life is a myriad of choices. Actions and consequences. If you are an emotional type you'd just go haywire. If intellectual, you'd see life as a chessboard where one choice has so many consequences. Explains why chess is the ultimate test of cerebral fitness. I tried getting into chess... but preferred space invaders where you just shoot all the aliens.. probably not the best training for the mind.

In chess you just make a move and try to anticipate the counter move. Don't make a move till you've thought it through. With each action is a counter action. Probably best to buy a chess set and match minds with someone smarter... this way you'll learn to face consequences of every move.. and learn to think things through and not appear half baked.

Decisions though about love and relationships and career just means following your heart. That way you will always have the drive to keep on going. Making mistakes means learning from them so learn as you go. Don't teeter totter on making decisions just learn as you go. Life is short and procrastination doesn't teach anything. Mistakes do. Just don't make the same mistakes over and over. Make new mistakes. Learn and you will have a full life. It beats worry and boredome.

What you will eventually learn is to be yourself. To thine own self be true. And the best things is life are friends, careers and possibly lovers who are still there even though you've made mistakes. I like watercolors since it is very forgiving. If something doesn't work out it wasn't meant to be. let go. Stick to things, people and places where you can be you and it's alright. Letting go of opportunities for personal reasons is ok. Just know your priorities. I was studying architecture in college but gave it up since my heart wasn't in it. I pursued arts and am happy with it. I sell stuff through ebay and find kindred souls here and there. Donna stuck with me through high school and is still my friend though our relationship had frustrations. She's still there.

And when we meet our final hour, we will know God is there. Countless mistakes. Forgiven. Just have faith.
    Last edited by desxms; Sep 20, 2011 at 03:21 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to desxms For This Useful Post:

Zev (Sep 21, 2011)

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I just do what comes naturally. The more I try to control or predict things, the more heavily they weigh on my mind, and the more exaggerated the issue seems. Trust your gut. Chance favors the bold; nothing ventured nothing gained.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

It's difficult to make a decision sometimes, I understand that perfectly, however it's even worse when one makes no decision at all. My mom, when she was alive, kept telling me I was indecisive; to which I replied, "not when it concerns matters dealing with myself." This is how I am, if it only concerns me, I'm very decisive; however when others are involved, I usually let them decide. Unless they try to force me to make the decision, if they do that then I usually tell them that if I do so, I do it with no regrets. I've often encountered ppl who try to leave it up to me to make the decisions (my dad's that way for example) then complain when I do, as if they're looking for someone to blame with the decision goes wrong. To which I often respond, you left me with the decision instead of making it yourself, you don' like it then too bad. I have no simpathy for ya. Sorry to be so blunt about that, but I hate it when ppl do that. When the decision is dealing with more than just me then it shouldn' be jus' "me" making the decision, all parties involved should have a say. Of course, though, there are exceptions to that rule; but there are usually certain circumstances involved with that. If a decision is the "wrong" one, then learn from it and move on. Time is like a river, it only flows forward never back. Once a decision is made, you can't take it back; so there's no point in languishing over it for long. So put down that "baggage" called regret and move on, but if there's a lesson to be learned from your mistake be sure you learn it before you do so you don't repeat the same mistake twice. Like Mega said, "trust your gut" it'll usually steer you into the correct direction.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Newbie Archerein is off to a good start
    Thanks

To do or not to do; something so simple, yet so complicated that sometimes it does your head in. When I try to make a desicion I usually push it to the back of my mind too. But what i've found that helps you to make a decision about something, is to think about who you are and what you feel like. To decide something, you should think about what it is that you feel that you're ready for. Trust yourself and your instincts.
    So saying, if you make a decision and end up regretting it then thats ok. We all do things that we may end up regretting sometimes. If you want to change a decision that you made, you go ahead and change it. If you find yourself in a position were you can't change that decision then you can always try and make the most of it until your in a profitable position to change it.
    Do what you feel you should be doing, and trust in who you are. Thats the important thing. At least, thats my opinion.

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

If I need to make a decision, I just do what I feel is right. Sometimes I think 'should I do this or not?', and depending on the situation, I do what I think is right. Like if there's a good opportunity, I'd probably go for it rather then regret it for not making the choice. Like ATM, I'm looking at Universities for when I finish College, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go to University, it just means I have the choice to if I want to.

Newbie TheMangaArtist is off to a good start TheMangaArtist's Avatar
    Thanks

Do we ever actually have a choice about anything in the first place?

Newbie Archerein is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMangaArtist View Post
    Do we ever actually have a choice about anything in the first place?
    There's always a choice. Whether its a choice that we made consciously, or that was made by you is the problem. Sometimes its as simple as choosing which colour outfit to wear; i mean, everyone has a colour and taste that they prefer, right? Then, its simply a matter of opinion. Sometimes we make a choice without even realising what we did, its just a natural descision. But, a lot of the time, its not our choices that influence our lives. It might be some stranger that you don't know, or a longtime family member that makes it, but the bottom line comes down to the same thing; they have to make the descision that they feel is right, and live with the consequences of that descision - or change the descision, if that is optional. Its the same with every single living thing on the planet. Choices are everywhere. Somewhere in the world there are people who make descisions and the people who are effected by them. The problem with this conundrum is that the person who makes the choice HAS to be able to take responsibility for the lives that they affect around them by making it. Sorry, i got a little off track, but i hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread