+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: church vs anime

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: church vs anime

Well I don't think its right, I mean not all anime is like that so they shouldn't just say something without even knowing. I know it is true that some of the anime is way off the line, but still it doesn't really mean anything.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

hmph (concentrate)
    i think is patetic and stupid
    i mean the church lied about pokemon that when a pokemon evolve a kid got blind and cuz in sailor moon when the transform it was to revealing it got cancelled in some channels

perdoname michelle!

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Well Look at it this way.

If its an Anime or Show or Book or anything that will Lead you to sin.
    (Mentally or Physically)
    Then of coarse the Church will call it a "Devil Cartoon"

But its not just Anime here, It can be Movies, Magazine's, Music, ANYTHING is Influence.

If you are convicted that you think it isn't the best for you to be watching or reading or anything then don't ^.^

"It's better for you to have one arm cut off than for it to sin"

Now we all sin everyday, no matter how good we think we are, Just be careful what you watch is all.

If your asking questions like this then maybe your feeling convicted about a certain show, who knows?

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Newbie articfrezze may be famous one day articfrezze may be famous one day articfrezze's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe that people need to make up there own mind and religion might not be the best answer for anything. i think that religion is so hypocritial and needs to lay off whats holy and not.
    I don't know who they are, but they know who i am, but if i don't make it through the night tell my mom don't poke badgers with spoons

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt View Post
    Well Look at it this way.

If its an Anime or Show or Book or anything that will Lead you to sin.
    (Mentally or Physically)
    Then of coarse the Church will call it a "Devil Cartoon"

But its not just Anime here, It can be Movies, Magazine's, Music, ANYTHING is Influence.

If you are convicted that you think it isn't the best for you to be watching or reading or anything then don't ^.^

"It's better for you to have one arm cut off than for it to sin"

Now we all sin everyday, no matter how good we think we are, Just be careful what you watch is all.

If your asking questions like this then maybe your feeling convicted about a certain show, who knows?
    So according to your logic, everything leads to sin.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    So according to your logic, everything leads to sin.
    Well Miroku Sadly MOST things lead to Temptations of Sin, Yes.

Kinda really really sucks, But its the truth.

But here's the thing, Not EVERYTHING leads to Sin.

Most of the things that we do is very misleading though.

For me and for everyone.

Thats why you need to pick out that of which is good, and shun out things that you KNOW will have Evil temptations.

Like pick a good show instead of a bad show. And that in its self can be a temptation!

No one is perfect. I'm not! I say that for sure!

No matter what we do there is ALWAYS a bad road!

Sometimes we take the right one.

Sometimes the Bad.

And even sometimes we Juggle between them.

As for Anime shows and Media. Its better to not watch anything that will take us away from "Innocense".

There are good Shows out there, and there are bad.

It's up too you on what you watch but I caution to be careful.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
    Let's take a look at what you're saying though...

Harry Potter - witches and witchery and those are evil stuff right
    *Wrong Witchcraft isn't evil. That is something the Catholic Church has instilled in its followers to maintain control over their congregation. Especially in the early days when they could isolate non-believers and turn them into heretics for persecution. That way the church could keep a hold on the society. The devil didn't exist before Christianity, they took a Pagan God and made it into a sign of evil. Just like the Pentagram, which actually mean Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit. So before you call Witchcraft evil do your research.*

Why the church considers anime evil is because it could show kids that there are other things out there besides Christianity. It shows that you don't always have to conform to one particular set of ideals. The Christians are scared of things outside their beliefs because they have been told that they are evil, even if they've never personally watched, read, or heard what they are so against.

It is sad that you would criticize others in what they interpret in the question asked. Whose to say your answer is better than any of theirs b/c you're older. If anything that makes your answer worse b/c you have narrowed your view down to what you believe to be true and no one elses answer matters. So maybe you should do research before answering with a biased answer.

I'm not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong, I'm only sharing my opinion and the facts I've researched. I'm not saying that anime isn't violent but I also think that everyone that watches it isn't going to go emulate what they see. If that was the case we would have a lot of ninjas on our hands
    Ok read this .....

It is very interesting that these scriptures actually exist ..
    “When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable way of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord, and because of these detestable practices the Lord your God will drive those nations before you. You must be blameless before the Lord your God. The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord has not permitted you to do so” (Deuteronomy 18:9-14).
    What did Paul say about all that....

Paul in Galatians 5:19-21 ascribes witchcraft as a deed of the flesh. “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy, drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
    What more do u need to be warned that witchcraft is evil ......
    Scriptures is there for us to use as guidlines and warnings so read it....

Last edited by Spymonk; Sep 16, 2006 at 12:55 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

What more do u need to be warned that witchcraft is evil ......
    Scriptures is there for us to use as guidlines and warnings so read it....
    Witchcraft is not evil. Not everything in the bible was meant to be taken literally. It was written by man, and witchcraft was hated and misunderstood back then. So stuff like this was added to the bible as a way to control those ppl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast