+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: College?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: College?

^_^ [brag time] i got into California Institute of the Arts and Otis College Art + Design... but Abu no has $30,000 for one semester...

=_= and "art people" piss me off becuz most of them are gay elitists... with tiny bitchy dogs... no... Abu Dhabi doesn't want to go to art school... it is scary... they take good people and make them bad wierd... it is scary... you have to be very strong to keep your face in a place like that...

^_^ but i go to PCC with my one and only Darling! My major is art [Duh!] and i want to keep studying Japanese! i have already commit one phrase to heart!

"Kyoo wa tenki ga ii desu ne."
    "[^_^]The weather is good today."

^_^!

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm getting ready for my upcoming semester (2) and .. truthfully. I like college more than high school. Despite that I'm very lonely and deprived in this area.. The system seems better than high school. ^^lll I don't know in what way. Maybe less stressful for me because everything is in English? My native language and not BM? <-- Malaysian national language

I'm learning I.Technology now... and inspiration?
    I know nuts about that. T________T gomen ne
    baa....
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Who here is going to College?

::raises hand:: Ooh, I am!! ^.^ I am currently attending VCU in good ol' Virginia.

If you are what do you wish to do for a living?

Right now I'm majoring in 'art foundation', because you're not allowed to pick a specialized major in your ffirst year here. I'm hoping to eventually Major in Animation, but if for some reason I stay at this school for all 4 years, that may be switched to Illustration (I hope not though ^.^; ). I'd like to also continue my Japanese studies as well as Psychology, for a backup job.

What kind of College are you hoping to go to?

Because of certain cirumctstances, I'm not allowed to hit the West coast 'til I am 20 u_u (so all you people who do have those awesome California schools as options, definitely take advantage of it!), so I picked VCU because it had a decent art program and it wasn't too far from home (unfortunately it wasn't until after the deadlines did I find GMU had a Japanese program... so it's self-study for now).

My next choice in schools in CCAD in Ohio. It was one of my top choices when I went through a book on Animation schools last year, and it it turned out my last art teacher was a teacher there as well and the more she described it, the more it made me want to go ^.^

What kind of goals are you hoping to accomplish?

Hm...eventually study Animation, Illustration, Japanese and Psychology and Majoring in one of the first two and minoring in one of the last two listed. Oh, I'd also like to enter a few comic/non specific contests here and there, and study abroad ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    =_= and "art people" piss me off becuz most of them are gay elitists... with tiny bitchy dogs... no... Abu Dhabi doesn't want to go to art school... it is scary... they take good people and make them bad wierd... it is scary... you have to be very strong to keep your face in a place like that...
    Well just in general I've found it hard to "click" with artsy kind of people ^^; (But then I say the same thing for anime fans as well ^_^00) The artsy people in my high school were rather cliquey (almost like a hierarchy) and I, for one, suck at successfully breaking and joining cliques ^.^; I still have hope though ~_~
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

That's horrible! I'm going to go to an art college. Does that mean you'll all run away from me?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I have entered college this year as a first-year student, double majoring in Biology and Chemistry, hoping to enter medical school with that degree in the future. ^_^ I wanted to study more English, but I am quite satisfied with how much I know now.... so I am trying to build my skills upon other languages like Sanskrit and Italian, maybe even French. ^_^; I find Sanskrit very easy, since most of the sentence structures are almost exactly similar to Japanese, and the pronunciation is very much the same. Anyways. ^^'' Oh yeah, I tutor at college, and serve as a teacher's assistant in a lab, too. I get paid even. ^^' My Physics teacher, Katsuragi sensei is hot, too.

So yeah, I plan to become a doctor in the near future, and I also want to do something with my music and vocal skills. And, marry Chisato Morishita.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    That's horrible! I'm going to go to an art college. Does that mean you'll all run away from me?
    Not me blue I always try to get to know a person before I deem them "a bit hard to get" (in the other sense ^_^00)

And wow, kedar... Biology and Chemistry? That's really good ::wasn't very good in Chem ^^;:: I hope you succeed with that with flying colors (as well as everyone else with their goals ^.^)
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie La Danse Macabre may be famous one day La Danse Macabre may be famous one day La Danse Macabre's Avatar
    Thanks

I went to college for about a year, it was a graphic arts school in Charolette, NC. Then I joined the army and right now they're sending me to the University of Military Intelligence for my MOS. After this I go to Jump school and then i'll probably finish my Bachelors online while at my duty station

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah well, that's nice to hear. For a moment I thought I was going to be part of a heavily-ostracised community just because I'm going to... well, art school. ^^;; To each his/her own, I guess? I'm artsy, so I like hanging with artsy people. They say birds of a feather flock together, after all.

I'm going to cross my fingers and keep praying hard I'll get into NYU's Tisch School. And maybe, if the school allows, dabble in other courses and do fashion/costume design for theatre/motion picture or something. One day I'll be Malaysia's answer to Tsumori Chisato and Kamishima Chinami.

@ kedar : Why didn't you just enter medical school straightaway? If you're planning to do medicine, you shouldn't waste four years studying Bio and Chem when you're just going to spend another five to seven years doing medicine, both undergrad and post-grad.
    Last edited by blue_rebel; Sep 06, 2006 at 07:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast