+ Reply to Thread

Thread: College Help

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

Question College Help

Its time for me to start applying to colleges. My 1st marking period is about to end.
    My GPA is an amazing 2.33. I want to go to a liberal arts since I'm not sure about my field.
    I feel very pressured to be successful since I live in, for lack of a better term, the ghetto.
    So I'm trying to find a college thats not too selective since there's a very slim chance of me being accepted. Any suggestions?
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

Banned AngelicDemon201092 is off to a good start AngelicDemon201092's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: College Help

Hmm.... well... my guess would be to apply to as many collages as you can because then your more likely to have a choice of which collage you can go to. Then again it would really help if you figured out what you wanted because then you can go though and apply to schools that specifically have your career choice....

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

Most people with low grades go to junior college and then transfer to a four year school. It would be best to chose a junior college that has what your looking for.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

A good idea might be to get your core requirements out of the way at a community college and then transfer into a university, like Tetsuo said.

If that's not your cup of tea, why don't you look into the University of St. Thomas? It's in the museum district of Houston, Texas; lovely campus, small classes, close-knit community. Definitely worth looking into. It is a Catholic school, and while it IS a presence, they don't force you to convert. (Go Catholics!) They accept a wide range of students.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, community college to transfer is probably the best choice for you, especially considering the overall cost.

see, when you get your official college degree, you get it where you graduated from. so you can go and get your GEs at Generic Junior College, but you'll get you degree from Credited University. this is especially true of you want to go to a school like UCLA, it's very common to transfer there, especialy becuz it's a heckuva lot easier to get in your junior year...

^_^ good luck!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoods View Post
    Its time for me to start applying to colleges. My 1st marking period is about to end.
    My GPA is an amazing 2.33. I want to go to a liberal arts since I'm not sure about my field.
    I feel very pressured to be successful since I live in, for lack of a better term, the ghetto.
    So I'm trying to find a college thats not too selective since there's a very slim chance of me being accepted. Any suggestions?
    First of all what is your overall GPA?? Hopefully it's higher than a 2.33, otherwise I would recommend to stuff your school resume with a lot of extracurricular activities...Perhaps you could explain how you got to your current GPA (bad classes, poor work ethic, honors/AP classes, etc.)

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Hoods may be famous one day Hoods may be famous one day Hoods's Avatar
    Thanks

My GPA is that bad because of bad work ethic Legend. The junior/community college is looking pretty good. Thanks for the advice. I never thought I'd be asking my anime community about something so important.
    I make black history everyday. I don't need a month

+ Reply to Thread