+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: College life

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: College life

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    Though, while I write this, I'm aaaaactually supposed to be working on an essay that I have due this week, so I'm gonna log off and do that now hehe.
    I feel you man , I'm working on an accounting project right now that was suppose to be done throughout the last 3 months step-by-step. I'm going to trying to finish it in 8 hours. I guess i'm retaking this class in summer school.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I LOVE University life!! way better than Highschool! The Uni I go to is right near the coast 5 minutes away from the beaches and even closer to major shopping centers ^^" err.. not that I got there instead of classes

nah! i'm not that bad, I love all but one class this semester.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    I'll only be able to go home for summer. And after 1st year, I might not go home - just to save on the airfare. Sighs. I have no idea if I'll be able to make it on my own. College seems... scary, in a way.
    Don't worry, once you get into it, you'll be fine! I guess it seems scarier because you are going so far away, but once you get used to the place and the people, it will be a great experiance. heck, starting uni/college itself can be a bit daunting, I was there last year ( but hey! I only live 15 mins away from my uni ^^") But you'll be right

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    I feel you man , I'm working on an accounting project right now that was suppose to be done throughout the last 3 months step-by-step. I'm going to trying to finish it in 8 hours. I guess i'm retaking this class in summer school.
    Same here, I'm supposed to be working on a design for a high rise, aswell as studying all the regional development laws...well at least i'm not so far behind anymore..I guess LOL

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Same here, I'm supposed to be working on a design for a high rise, aswell as studying all the regional development laws...well at least i'm not so far behind anymore..I guess LOL
    I rather be doing that right now that being surrounded by fake sales orders and other stupid documents I have to file.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: College life

Just weekends? Er, are you sure you're not in a jail or something? At my university dorm rooms are open whenever, just show up and you can get in (the doors into the dorms are locked though, so you have to have a key or know someone who has a key.....but all students in the dorm are given one). It's just to stop random people from going in and stealing stuff.....
    Well... we're not in jail but it happens that this University is a General Baptist University... so "some" stuff is not allowed in the dorms.... like "extreme display of affection".... some ppl brake da rules therefore we lost the priviledge of visitation in the rooms during the week.... TT_TT.... guys can come over all week long to the lobby, that's it.....
    We also have a e-key.... just the gurls though...

But as for my experience, I'm not a freshman...this is my 4th year though I've been going part-time. Unfortunately though I don't live on campus, or close to campus (I have to drive for 45 minutes), so I'm kind of left out of the 'university scene,' which really sucks because I miss the parties. Our university used to have really big parties, but they super cut back, so parties are a wee bit limited now.
    Hmmmmm....... u miss a looooot!!!!!!! errrrrrr...... I live 8h away from my home so i live on campus.... there is always stuff going on.... even when ur trying to study or to sleeeeeeeeeep..... but it is fun anyways.....

In terms of difference to high school, University is WAY better. For the most part, you're there because you want to be (unless you've been forced by your parents). With highschool, you have absolutely no choice, it's just something really boring that you have to do. Also, for the most part, there's less work per term...you have generally have about two essays, and one final exam and that's it...though the essays require more effort than in high school....
    *echo voice* DA VOICE OF TRUTH HAS SPOKEN *a significance echo on the "n"*

Though, while I write this, I'm aaaaactually supposed to be working on an essay that I have due this week, so I'm gonna log off and do that now hehe.
    eeeehhheeeeemmmmm....... I am "working" right now on my research paper for english........... and after this paper I have to make a book analisis........ for the monday after spring break.......... errrrr i have assignements on SB...... not fair........ TT_TT
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Well gurl I'll disappoint u in that... if u hate HS 'cos of the schedule of the "hard" stuff u had to study... u'r going to hate college even more...
    College is about independance yes, and it is pretty cool.... but one has to be more responsible for oneself.... it is not only about paties and fun... there is a looooot of sacrifices to do. I love college and I am glad to be studying what I like.... but it demands a lot... it is great though 'cos then I'll be a quality professional.
    My point is: don't get a wrong (movie) idea of what a college life is...
    I do not hate high school because it is hard.

It's not.

I hate high school because it is just overrated. It's stupid, and I don't like it.

I understand that college is about studying and responsibilty..but you have to live your life as well.

There is such a thing as partying too much.. but people do have lives, you know?

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugh, college life. It varies on your personal experiences...as for me...its ok. I wasnt too "bright" in high school, my grades were average...so I say. It really helps you out if your HS grades were good, seriously.

For those still in HS, work your @$$ off so that you dont have to suffer through college by taking out loans and workin your butt off while you go to classes to pay for it!! (>_<)/

College is ok for me. Not too bad as long as I like the classes. I've tried my hand at a couple programming classes and art classes. My skills in both are...ok. A LITTLE over average but no where good as....the "good".

Midterms and Finals....aaaaaggghhhh!! Dont even mention it!! The memories still haunt me!! @_@!!! Its hell working jobs and trying to work on your projects with little or no sleep!!

...I'm taking it easy next sememster. (=_=)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Going to college would be a lot easier for your careers and all, so far I found the only way to become a policemen and going down to new mexico and go to a academy, and of course a clear background (no being in trouble with the law), My g'f said she wanted to become a docter or a nurse, so thats a lot of school work I hear, said that it takes maybe about 10 years of knowledge.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: College life

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I do not hate high school because it is hard.

It's not.

I hate high school because it is just overrated. It's stupid, and I don't like it.

I understand that college is about studying and responsibilty..but you have to live your life as well.

There is such a thing as partying too much.. but people do have lives, you know?
    Why HS is stupid??? Don't u prepare there to go to the U???
    If u put "a life" in front of ur future... ur screwed......
    Yes whitey I do have a life..... but when ur here u don't think that much of life being party.... one matures ya know........ I don't see HS the same way I saw it when I was 16........ I was really stupid and crazy on my teen years..... and of course that I don't see my life as I saw it when I was a kid..... on my teen years......

A suggestion: if u want to get to college/university good, study hard on hs and get good grades... if you are GREAT FOR YOU!!!
    glad that u want to keep w/ ur studies, it is the best decision to take.... just make sure that you really want to go for the right reasons. This life can be as fun as u want.... but also it is very hard to keep up.... but if u have well defined ur goals and what u want to do... ur good...
    But now... get focus on HS and enjoy... ur going to be part of it just for a period of life... then it is over....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast