+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Commercials...are they getting pervyer?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Commercials...are they getting pervyer?

Yes, commercials are becoming more and more sexually charged by the minute. Have you ever listened to one of the smiling Bob commercials and tried to count the number of sexual innuendos that they have. It's kind of sad, though not surprising when considering what they are trying to sell.

I hate the ones that are just degrading period. Like the Quest commercials, the ones where they try to get you to call this party line. Basically they have these girls dress like sluts and say things like "Are you going to stay in tonight? I know I am. Why? Because I'm going to call Quest. It's so much fun and I can't get enough of it." Basically, they're trying to plant the idea in your head that if you call this number it's like a one-way ticket to getting laid. Apparently they've been jumped about it though because I just watched one and it actually wasn't as bad as some that I have seen. It still giving that same sort of message, though.

Anyway, there's my rant for the day.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Jun 27, 2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

quest is a different story all together, they are advertising for a dating hotline, it's meant to be racey and sexy and dirty and all the things of that sort. not that i call quest lol but if i were the type to call i don't think i would if it was a commercial of a fat dude wearing a beater with a mustard stain telling me to call right now that there are lots of hot single women waiting for my call i would get up and run to the phone. lol

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    quest is a different story all together, they are advertising for a dating hotline, it's meant to be racey and sexy and dirty and all the things of that sort. not that i call quest lol but if i were the type to call i don't think i would if it was a commercial of a fat dude wearing a beater with a mustard stain telling me to call right now that there are lots of hot single women waiting for my call i would get up and run to the phone. lol
    I see what you mean. Every time I watch the commercial I get a little bit confused though. It's supposed to be a dating hotline, right? Then shouldn't they be trying to attract both sexes?? All their commercials are only aiming towards men. From the looks of it, the only ones who are going to be calling are guys.

Otaku Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105's Avatar
    Thanks

You know what we need? At least what I think? Commercials that have more happiness in them. Like there's this one commercial where everyone is smiling and it just seemed to brighten my day, though it was an advertisment for a cell phone company. Even though, it was pretty good. I just want some happy commercials, funny ones, not any of this sex-selling or whatever is on now...

They say, "I will die for my country." I never hear them say, "I will kill for my country."

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

With the passing of time comes change. Yes, I do believe commercials are and have been comming more perverse. I applaud this myself and applaud Mirokku's comment. The more perverse something is, suggests a greater growth in my opinion. All I see when that particular commercial appears is that even beastiality has become a sign of good!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3