+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: compulsive?

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

compulsive?

Ok its late at night but i just have to ask this before i goto bed so i can have a few answers by tomorrow. But exactly who has done anyhting compulsive such as doing somehting a number of times, checking stuff over and over again even though you know its ok, etc. give examples of what you do and how it effects you an when u do it the most. 5 + million amercians are diagonsed with this desiease an many have it and not know.

My compulsive actions/rituals:

When my nerves start getting messed up, then i start runnign my life pretty much arund the number 4. It sounds weird but thats what i do, everything i do is in 4's. Such as touch something 4 times, couting my money 4 times, taking 4 drinking of soda before picking it up and down 4 times, and if i count to 4 i always count back to 1 then back to 4 , 4 times. For some reason i think it helps calm me down alot. The last time i done stuff like this was before my grandmother died, but bout a few weeks after the funeral i calmed down adn was back to normal.

The sad thing is that many people dont recover from this, it is usually triggured by nervous or stressful times in a persons life. I know a few people that still suffer from this kinda thing an im glad it doesn't rule my life anymore....
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: compulsive?

I lost my first post, so I had to do it again.

I have a thing about 3.

3 times, 3 mins, 3 days, 3 week.

Which comes back to My Birthday, My little brothers birthday, My Fathers, and My Big twin bothers birthday.

Dec. 21, Dec. 12, Sep. 21, Jun. 12

2+1= 3~

So that would explain why I never forgot there birthdays.

Everything most be done in 3 for me.

One other thing, I tend to look under my spoon when I eat. >.< I look under it all the time~ Before every bite really.

And everything I do, and have done, must go around the month Decmember. I don't know why, but its just my favoite month~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh I do the same thing everything has to be even or end in zero. I can't stand odd numbers for some reason so I will either shorten or lengthen the amount of something in order to make it even. I mostly prefer to do everything so it ends in zero. Thats why I can never have change or a few extra bucks I'll always spend it to make it even.

I also do the same with cleaning. The room has to be completely spotless even down to the dirt in the little cracks and crevasses of the window (I will get a cotton swab and clean it out). But if one thing messes up I will trash the room completely. I also do the same with everything else it either has to be completely perfect or complete crap. When I box I do the same as well. I can't seem to stop unless the person is unconscious even if I have won.

When I'm completely stress I eat sandwiches very oddly. Its something I can't really explain but something you would have to see. I do so many of these things I can go on for days. Some of the crazy stuff I do is usually caused by stress. The less extreme things are just the way I am. In a word I can say I am different.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I have quite a few, a full-blown case of OCD.
    If I am organizing (which I do quite a bit), that which I am organizing must be an odd number (unless it is untensils). If it is something I am doing (like turning around or lifting weights), I have to do an even number. When I eat, the food is consumed in either a completely clockwise or completely counterclockwise fashion (much to the entertainment of my eating companions). When I eat apples, I have to toss it back and forth between my hands, tap my chin with it multiple times, feint a few bites, and then actually eat it. I have more, but my carpool is coming and I have to check the house again . . .

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I have quite a few, a full-blown case of OCD.
    If I am organizing (which I do quite a bit), that which I am organizing must be an odd number (unless it is untensils). If it is something I am doing (like turning around or lifting weights), I have to do an even number. When I eat, the food is consumed in either a completely clockwise or completely counterclockwise fashion (much to the entertainment of my eating companions). When I eat apples, I have to toss it back and forth between my hands, tap my chin with it multiple times, feint a few bites, and then actually eat it. I have more, but my carpool is coming and I have to check the house again . . .
    Thats how I eat my sandwiches. In a clockwise fashion until I reach the center. And if its something like PB&J I'll rip it in a way that it turns into a string kind of sandwich and eat it like that.

Newbie Nothingface may be famous one day Nothingface may be famous one day Nothingface's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pedantic, meaning I always have to use grammar and punctuation. I also have an obsession with the word 3, with my clothes I always put them in stacks of 3.

Sometimes when I'm thinking, I tend to dissect words and re-word them to see if they're fit in with the number 3...It sounds weird, but It's hard to explain. If it doesn't fit with 3, I'd keep trying to make a sentence that keeps going until it's rounded off.

For example;

I h a

d a g

l a s

s o f

o r a

n g e

j u i

c e = I had a glass of orange juice.

Doesn't add up so I'll keep going to make it fit into 3...Lol.

Creepy, I know...but I only do it when I'm thinking really hard.
    He speaks to me through sounds and bells.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think I have anything like what people have mentioned ( more with the numbers). I don't know if this counts but, when I'm making something or doing something ( recipe, doing homework or an science experiment at Uni) I check everything twice, three times some times heaps more to make sure i've done it right - and even when I'm finished I still think that I've some how managed to stuff it up.

Even when I'm out shopping and I've got heaps of things in my bag, I am constantly checking to make sure I haven't left anything behind - or when I packed my bags I take everything out ( twice maybe more?) and put everything back in to make sure i've got every thing lol
    crazy me!

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

My little thing is that I'll check on my ring just to make sure I haven't lost it. Even if I know I put it back into the box, I'll start going to sleep and think "oh crap.....what if I DIDN'T put it back?" and then I have to get up and check...

It started because about two years ago I was working at a gas station, and somehow managed to lose my ring, which really miffed me off, because I was always so careful not to lose it. But I went outside to clean the pumps, got back in and cleaned my hands, and noticed that it was gone, and I couldn't find it. I was sure that I hadn't lost it while I was outside, so I figure that I might have accidentally left in in the washroom, and then someone else found it and took it. That cheesed me off even more, because if I found a ring in a gas station, I'd hand it in to the cashier, not freakin take it.

I never did find it, but I recieved another ring as a gift to make up for it, so now I double check it to make sure I haven't left it somewhere or something.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast