+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Constructive Criticism...

Newbie Xxajanae97xX is off to a good start Xxajanae97xX's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Constructive Criticism...

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    but for every bad thing I point out (unless the piece is utterly horrible), I give a suggestion on how to make it better.
    that, i think, is the best way to go. criticism is a way for a person to take suggestions and better themselves in writing, drawing, or whatever it is they're persuing. You want to help them out, not bash them down or mislead them. i guess next time i should pay attention to who i give criticism to.
    akame4eva!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

in order for people to get better, they have to know where their faults are and how to fix them.

You can't improve your skills if all you get is praise and a couple suggestions. Your best critics are the ones who think your work sucks, because its them that point out the things that are wrong.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    in order for people to get better, they have to know where their faults are and how to fix them.

You can't improve your skills if all you get is praise and a couple suggestions. Your best critics are the ones who think your work sucks, because its them that point out the things that are wrong.
    I do agree with you, the only hard part (for most people) is prosesing ower faults.

Having to see owerselfs as wrong takes corage. i'v met people who just have to be right, i try my best but some times it just dosen't work and you have to leave them to sulk in the words spoken to them.

Life is hard if you make it hard.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    I do agree with you, the only hard part (for most people) is prosesing ower faults.

Having to see owerselfs as wrong takes corage. i'v met people who just have to be right, i try my best but some times it just dosen't work and you have to leave them to sulk in the words spoken to them.

Life is hard if you make it hard.
    You are rgiht when saying that it can be difficult for most to process and acknowledge their own faults. This is where a good support system applies and good constructive critism. I think this reasoning would be the concept behind constructive critism.

Although it may not be the most sensative or positive, that isn't the point behind it. As Ace pointed out, people don't fix problems if everyone sugar coats it, and hesitating or softning the blow won't help them either.

Even if someone has to be right, it doesn't mean they are or will be. I didn't quite understand how the process of backing out of a conversation would somehow make an individual like this "sulk"; if anything, wouldn't that situation create the exact opposite? The person you talked to isn't going to stop and you didn't accomplish your intial goal, but merely avoided it and kept silent to yourself. There are those with tough defenses and although it may be hard to get through, it isn't impossible, and you shouldn't give up on anyone and walk away.

I wouldn't do this to a friend, colleague, or someone I come to respect, and neither would I do it to a complete stranger. I have no idea who that individual was, and considering my first intentions were meant as a positive, I wouldn't give up because it was harder than my previous expectations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2