+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Conventions!!

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Conventions!!

I wonder out of all the people who lurk/post and hang out at AO, has already been to a convention of any type, though since this is a forum which is mostly about Anime, it would be best to discuss about this type of convention, unless you can offer insight on conventions in general.

I, for one, have never been to a convention, but this will soon change, July 19th to be more precise. Otakon 2007 suddenly called me through a strange coincidence in my dreams and urged me to go....Haruhi as their representative, which is why I thought at first that I was going be go on a strange, yet exilerating advenutre. It will still remain an adventure, but not as strange or amusing as if it would have been with Haruhi herself...

...all in all, I didn't actually have a dream, it was more of a hunch actually, me wanting to go check it out ever since I heard about it in 2002 or so. Somewhat the same time I joined AO.

So far I'm just about set, just waiting for my passeport to arrive around July 9th and I'll be all set, even got a cheap bunked room with fellow anime lovers XD

Where I'm going?

OTAKON 2007...or something like that.

So, this thread will be about:

1. Personal experiences in cons
    2. Insight on going into another country for a con or simply far away from home.
    3. Anyone wanna join up with me over there?
    4. Anything to do with cons discussion as long as you have the above things as well is all good
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Conventions!!

Yes, I've been to a con. Anime Punch to be exact!! it's in columbus ohio. It was a BLAST!!! If you can go to one then definitely go, you'll have a great time and will met tons of other people with the same intrests as you! Have Fun!

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, I've be to a con. It was Anime Punch! Which is in columbus ohio. I had a so much fun that if I had the chance to go to another one. I do know that thier are so much stuff going on that you don't know what to do. Just take everything is stride and it would be a blast.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

So far Anime Punch seems to be the place to go, that or you both live nearby and went together? I'll be making about 14 hours or so bus trip to get to my con, which I'll probably sleep most of the way.

What are the highlights that you remember about the con you went to? Do you have any pics to show off of this trip? So far I went on youtube to find a few pics for Otakon and a few others, but some from AO would be nice too ^^

And if I manage to randomly find someone nearby that can fit somthing on me...I just might accept to wear it, if it's neat and all...haven't dressed up since.....I was 12 at halloween though, so it would feel quite strange and awkward, but hey, it's for a good cause...I think. At least it would make a few on AO laugh, I wouldn't dare show it to people at home though, unless I don't look too strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, yea we went together but we forgot a camera so we don't have any pics. But there was a ton of people dressed up as anime chacters. It was kinda like playing who am I? It was definitly alot to take in at once but it is an fun experince that you'll never forget. Some of the highlights were the games that they played and the cosplay competition. Just the whole thing was entertaining. And if you cosplay trust me you won't be the only one! We were almost out of place because we didn't.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i went to AnimeExpo 2006 in Long Beach, California!

i was dressed as some Chinese goddess or whatever... and Soshi was dressed as a kappa!

anyway! i had loads with Soshi there! we bought lots of things and saw lots of new things too! the costumes there were pretty average, but i think a professional Japanese cosplay group was there! i had a feeling they were becuz there was a big group of Asians dressed so elaboratly! we even saw a couple of otaku friends from school! he was dreesed as Axel from Kingdom Hearts 2!

overal, people are pretty nice there... or... well, they're too busy buying anime to really notice anyone else...

Sosh and i would have liked to go to this year's AX, but we didn't have a reliable ride there and we couldn't decide on costumes! so many to choose from!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i went to AnimeExpo 2006 in Long Beach, California!

i was dressed as some Chinese goddess or whatever... and Soshi was dressed as a kappa!

anyway! i had loads with Soshi there! we bought lots of things and saw lots of new things too! the costumes there were pretty average, but i think a professional Japanese cosplay group was there! i had a feeling they were becuz there was a big group of Asians dressed so elaboratly! we even saw a couple of otaku friends from school! he was dreesed as Axel from Kingdom Hearts 2!

overal, people are pretty nice there... or... well, they're too busy buying anime to really notice anyone else...

Sosh and i would have liked to go to this year's AX, but we didn't have a reliable ride there and we couldn't decide on costumes! so many to choose from!
    You know, two months back I was gonna go but then decided against it when I ran out of money. Now that it is only a week away and I have money again I am tempted to go...so I might or might not see you guys

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now I already devoted my anime convention time last month working as a logistics supervisor for the Fanime convention in Silicon Valley...

But THE ANIMATION CONVENTION to go to is ANIME EXPO which is upcoming this weekend in Long Beach California. Anime Expo (also known as AX) has always been the largest convention in attendance, and is the Convention that the most significant licensing announcements are usually made...

Anime Expo [AX] 2007 | Long Beach Convention Center | June 29 - July 2
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast