+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Conventions!!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Conventions!!

last convention I went too, Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo 2007, I had a blast. I met Tiffany grant and got my Box set of Azumanga Daioh signed, as well as all of the Asuka stuff I had (Including 3 original art works done by myself). I also met a bunch of other celebrities too, including Robert Picardo (The Doctor from ST Voyager), Morena Baccarin (Inara from Firefly), and Ray Park (Darth Maul).

I actually had to Kneel down a bit, because I was almost 2 and half feet taller then her. ^__^

You can see the photos here: Index of /convention

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder how much it would cost to go there next year....as I have already registered, bought bus tickets and will be bunking for a tiny sum with some people....if from Quebec (Canada) getting to Anime Expo doesn't cost over 200$ by bus and registration no more than 60$ and hotel cost no more than 50$ per night (with people bunking together or else I'll go to a hihostel thingy), I'd be more than willing to go for 2008.

Otherwise, nice pics Ace, thanks for the pics XD

One thing at least I'll be saving on is my Passeport and birth certificate as I don't need to get them again, it'll save me more or less 200$ next time I want to travel out of Canada :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, if you're going to a convention for the first time, there are some suggestions you should follow
    1. Water, or something liquid to drink. With so many people in one place, its going to get hot in there, and it will be pretty easy to get dehydrated.
    2. A strong stomach. You are going to run into someone with poor personal hygine. Thats a given, and they're going to stink, so make sure you can handle that.
    3. Carry cash, not all dealer booths will have Debit/credit card machines.
    4. Have a digital camera on you. You're going to see some kewl cos-players, and possibly some celebrities.
    5. Now, this is the most important thing: Fred Gallagher (Megatokyo) is going to be there, get something signed and send it to me, you can PM me for my postal address. ^__^

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if I'm ready to stay in line for a few hours just to get something signed....wouldn't it be best if you came to get it signed yourself, would be more fun also have a few AO members around to have fun and all....

All in all, sure, if I don't seem too busy and find a way to not wait long in a line, I could try to get something signed from this person you talk of The name rings a bell, otherwise, I never fell upon this person on the net.
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks

If you do send me something signed, I'll for ever be in your debt. Plus shipping will be cheap, since I also live in Canada Just ask him to make it out to Phill

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you guys know if hotels would allow me to check in at a later time?? Gonna go to AX, but won't be able to get there until probably night time on friday...all the hotel's check in time is 3pm at noon and I really don't feel like sleeping in the car...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

I have no clue how hotels work, I should probably cancel my reservations since I am going to share a room with the Anime loving couple and all at a cheap cost.

Call the hotels you want to check in and ask them yourself, I called the hotel with a 1-800 number thingy to get in touch with all the hotels of the same kind world wide. You can usually find easier a room this way, I did anyway.

I hope your going to Otakon too?????

I just noticed that someone neat is going to Otakon, someone who did a whole bunch of tunes for Squaresoft, may not be Nobuo, but still someone neat :P

Guests: Musical (last one at bottom)
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm jealous of you guys down there. First it was Otakon last year where Ayako Kawasumi came - my favourite seiyuu - now this year Anime Expo. The guest at AX this year is frigging awesome, seiyuu from Suzumiya Haruhi, Halko Momoi, Anna Tsuchiya - from Nana plus others. Wth, who's inviting all these guest over? If I had the money I would fly to Long Beach and attend AX because of their guests of honor.

Up here, its mainly directors, authors, producers etc. Guests that I don't care about. For the past 2-3 years guest for anime cons in Toronto aren't very good. Although there is this one time Atsuko Enomoto was invited to Anime North. Its the only time I remember a Japanese voice actor/actress coming here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast