+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Conventions!!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Conventions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    I have no clue how hotels work, I should probably cancel my reservations since I am going to share a room with the Anime loving couple and all at a cheap cost.

Call the hotels you want to check in and ask them yourself, I called the hotel with a 1-800 number thingy to get in touch with all the hotels of the same kind world wide. You can usually find easier a room this way, I did anyway.

I hope your going to Otakon too?????

I just noticed that someone neat is going to Otakon, someone who did a whole bunch of tunes for Squaresoft, may not be Nobuo, but still someone neat :P

Guests: Musical (last one at bottom)
    I wish i was, but no unfortunately I can't. Maybe next year, but definitely not this one. Even after AX I'll probably be down $500-700.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Do you guys know if hotels would allow me to check in at a later time?? Gonna go to AX, but won't be able to get there until probably night time on friday...all the hotel's check in time is 3pm at noon and I really don't feel like sleeping in the car...

well... it should depend on when the staff is up... usually the hotels are open all day/night, but i guss they're regulating the check in becuz of the convention...

you might have more luck finding a different hotel a little farther away from the center, maybe a different part of Long Beach? or maybe Anihiem?

when Soshi and i went last year, we were able to get a drive there since we're in LA... but it's not really an everyday trip!!

^o^ good luck!!!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    well... it should depend on when the staff is up... usually the hotels are open all day/night, but i guss they're regulating the check in becuz of the convention...

you might have more luck finding a different hotel a little farther away from the center, maybe a different part of Long Beach? or maybe Anihiem?

when Soshi and i went last year, we were able to get a drive there since we're in LA... but it's not really an everyday trip!!

^o^ good luck!!!
    Do you know if the long beach convention center has parking?? I mean I could walk six miles from the hotel to the center, but I rather not considering the SoCal heat...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

The main site of the beach convention has the info your looking for:

Directions to the Convention & Entertainment Center

If your too lazy to follow a link:

Hours of Operation
    The standard open hours of the Convention Center parking lots and garages are: Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Saturday-Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. During Convention Center events the lots are open two (2) hours prior to opening of doors and one-half hour after the event. The main lot remains closed unless there are events, then the same hours are in effect.
    Rates
    Autos: $8.00; Buses: $24.00.

For More Information
    See "Parking Garages" in the Guidelines section,
    or email the Parking Manager.
    Entrances
    The Long Beach Convention Center has three parking garages: the Terrace Theater Parking Garage, the Arena Parking Garage and the Promenade Parking Garage which is open for conventions, trade shows and special events. It has 350 parking spaces. The Terrace Theater Parking Garage is generally open for theater events and has 800 parking spaces. The Arena Parking Garage is open for conventions, trade shows and arena events and has 1,460 parking spaces. The Main parking Lot and Elephant Lot are located off of Shoreline Drive (1,500 spaces).
    Additional Parking Lots
    TBA

It'll cost me about 600-700$ so I guess it costs similarly to go to my event. Though I have a passeport and a birth certificate included in the costs. That and a bus ticket that will make me have a 12-13 hour bus ride....
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie Mindfreak may be famous one day Mindfreak may be famous one day Mindfreak's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive tried to go to anime conventions but never made it.
    Finally, I'm goin this summer to Ohayocon!
    I will be going with a group of friends and cosplaying as Sasuke Uchiha!

P.S.-to the member that posted this, July 9th is my B-Day
    "Praise Inu-Yasha"

You are limited to having 4 lines of text in your signature. This includes blank lines. -- Hassun

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

I finally found what I'll dress up in, Kyon!!!!!!!!!!

I'll look probably somewhat like this person:

Cosplay.com -

But I'll try to look perfectly like this person:

Anime-Source.Com - Anime Spotlight: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

(look for Kyon, the seemingly depressed guy)
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

If anyone is planning to go for the next NY ComicCon let me know! I know it's still early but I kind of want to gather a bunch of people so we can form a cosplay group (f*ck the weather, we'll just bring trench coats for good measure!).

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    If anyone is planning to go for the next NY ComicCon let me know! I know it's still early but I kind of want to gather a bunch of people so we can form a cosplay group (f*ck the weather, we'll just bring trench coats for good measure!).
    I'm either going to the New York Anime Festival or the New York Comic Con. Yeah I guess February is kind of early but people who don't live there have to plan months in advance I guess. I always wanted to cosplay as Static Shock or Bob Makihara from Tenjou Tenge(Since they're the only characters who look like me) but I was worrying about feeling dumb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast