+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Conventions!!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Conventions!!

Just got back from Long Beach, and hell I had a great time. Will post more over at the other thread, and will post pictures soon.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you mean by "the other thread"? I want to see these pics!

That went by very fast, I can't wait to simply go to my event, which is still only in 15-16 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

I read AX (lots of complaints) was really bad this year. Very unorganized, delayed/canceled events, bad treatment towards attendees and Guest of Honors. The only good thing I heard that came out of AX this year was the industry panels while the others was a total disaster or poorly done. Some one the management department needs to get fired.

The Japanese guest were displeased - probably not Anna since I heard good things about her concert - especially Momoi. Don't know how the news will spread in Japan but I do hope it will make a bad image of AX so then Canada will have a chance with these guest haha.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you mean by "the other thread"? I want to see these pics!

That went by very fast, I can't wait to simply go to my event, which is still only in 15-16 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
    I read AX (lots of complaints) was really bad this year. Very unorganized, delayed/canceled events, bad treatment towards attendees and Guest of Honors. The only good thing I heard that came out of AX this year was the industry panels while the others was a total disaster or poorly done. Some one the management department needs to get fired.

The Japanese guest were displeased - probably not Anna since I heard good things about her concert - especially Momoi. Don't know how the news will spread in Japan but I do hope it will make a bad image of AX so then Canada will have a chance with these guest haha.
    @Soldat: Yeah I'll upload the later, I don't have much time now as I gotta return the car rental within an hour to not get charged.

@Zero: You've actually mentioned some of the stuff I'm about to say but I'll say it anyways.

Overall, I had a great time at the convention, despite all the confusing and chaos on my first day (Saturday) so I basically only had real fun for two days (half of saturday and half of monday), on top of that I did not attend Friday where all the main juicy events took place (Halo 2 console tourney). I didn't go to much of the events except for AX Idol which as Zero pointed out was very disorganized and took a very very loong time before the event got started...as for the Momoi lady Zero is talking about, if she was the guest that I saw at AX Idol, then yeah she has a right to be displeased.

The crowd was generally nice to her, but whoever planned the thing was stupid enough to put her concert at the end of the whole event...which didn't start till almost 12 pm. Unfortunately I had to apologize as I was one of them who left early... Or maybe she was just displeased at the results of the winners of both the singing idol and the voice acting idol (both of which I don't agree to). While the voice acting idol was a good choice for a champion, I thought BangZoom Entertainment could have given out two contracts because there were two great performances. Actually it could have been three, but there's this guy who was so cocky that his attitude probably blew it. And for the singing idol, I don't what to say but I've just witnessed my first screwjob LIVE.

The artist alley as Gall mentioned was separated into two, which really confused me as to why. On one side you have all the Asian people that looks like Japanese (maybe they are the legit ones??) and then you have the other side which have all the other Asian groups and ethnicities (fanart ppl? lol)...Pretty stupid if you ask me, because I only found out about the other side (Japanese) by sheer accident. If weren't looking for a damn ATM I wouldn't have seen it.
    ----------------------------
    I've got more to complain (and praise) about, but to avoid a long post I'll stop here and post more later.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's hope Otakon is well organised then. Already that I will probably meet no one from AO, if the event itself goes sour, I'll have spent lots of money for nothing......

I'm getting more excited every day, and in about a week I'll probably go wacky till I'm at the Event. Let's just hope my job doesn't kick me out due to my level of excitment.

I just noticed that I will have a lot of money to spend on stuff, hopefully I will see something of interest XD
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Thanks
    Let's hope Otakon is well organised then. Already that I will probably meet no one from AO, if the event itself goes sour, I'll have spent lots of money for nothing......

I'm getting more excited every day, and in about a week I'll probably go wacky till I'm at the Event. Let's just hope my job doesn't kick me out due to my level of excitment.

I just noticed that I will have a lot of money to spend on stuff, hopefully I will see something of interest XD
    You dont have to worry too much if the staff is not all volunteers. That was ultimately the issue for AX in my opinion. While most of volunteers are nice folks, there are those who are probably "vets" volunteers and pay employees, so hell they had bad ass attitude (like that fat chick at the merchandising booth)...

So hopefully your trip to the convention would be alright, which I think should considering that the one you're going to have been around longer.

EDIT: Btw, I have trouble uploading my files to the gallery

I'm gonna have to find another place to upload the pictures soldat.
    Last edited by Legend; Jul 06, 2007 at 10:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5