Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: copying

Banned Flavio Baby is off to a good start
    Thanks

copying

Okay, I've never done this before but I was wondering why people copy off other people's work. Like poems, essays, speeches, ect. Or why people use others work because they are trying to be nice or whatever. Why do people do this?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: copying

To take credit for work they didn't create themselves?

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

OK here is my opinion on this. Its easy to do it but the thing is not to get caught. If your smart enough you can change some of the wording to make it your own. NOW I'm not saying that its OK to copy. There are a lot of things to consider when doing this and making sure its your own work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    To take credit for work they didn't create themselves?
    That and like with Jamie's poems. Those were both written my anyonmous sources, correct? Well poems and essays that are written by aynonomous sources are usually the one's that get copied, right?

Why don't people think that they will get caught? Bristal, a friend of mine, had supposedly written a poem and was afraid that people would laugh about it and asked me to use it as my own for our english class. So i swapped papers and I found out later that It wasn't hers at all! It was plagerized!! I got ISS for 2 days because of it! Anyway but it was written by an aynonomous source. Do you see what i am trying to ask?

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

I do...and i know how you feel. you see they do that speciffacly because they have no ideas or possibly a thought in their head that they have to cheat to get through.steal other people ideas..etc.but why do that if your going to get caught by someone else you may ask???they don't care ,they do it anyway,or they're plain stupid.and that's the thruth.also it might be because of jelousy.^^♥~*The Princess*~♥
    Last edited by GallComp; Sep 16, 2007 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Red is a color that makes the post hard to read...
    Yeah, Bye.

Thanks

Okay, I have a question to ask you guys. How many poems has Jamie actually plagerized and who knows why? It doesn;'t seem right at all to me. She's never done this before has she? So why is she doing this all of a sudden? Does plagerizing happen more due to a writter's block? Is that when people copy other's work? Is that what causes people to copy others work?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Wholesale copying, other wise known as Plagiarism, thats a no no.

But there's a phrase my professor in college used: Good artists borrow, great artists steal.

You are allowed to use parts of another persons work under copyright law as long as the vast majority of what you create is your own creation. A good example is fan fiction. You're using other peoples work for your own. You didn't create the characters/universe/basic plot, but everything else is your own.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Wholesale copying, other wise known as Plagiarism, thats a no no.

But there's a phrase my professor in college used: Good artists borrow, great artists steal.

You are allowed to use parts of another persons work under copyright law as long as the vast majority of what you create is your own creation. A good example is fan fiction. You're using other peoples work for your own. You didn't create the characters/universe/basic plot, but everything else is your own.
    The only great artists who steal... are great CON artists! Using small parts of anothers work, or even their concepts or ideas... is not stealing.

The great artists\writters are stolen from.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast