Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Croc Hunter Dies

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks

The Croc Hunter Dies

did you people hear that Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray off of Australia, well i say that if you live that way you die that way, anyway what do you people think?

On 4 September 2006, Irwin was fatally pierced in the chest by a stingray barb, while off the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia while filming a segment for his daughter Bindi Irwin's (8 years old at the time) upcoming series. Irwin was in the area filming his own documentary, to be called Ocean's Deadliest, but weather had stalled filming. Irwin decided to take the opportunity to film some shallow water shots for his daughter's program.[20] The BBC reported that this was only the second known fatality in Australian history from a stingray attack.[21] The Sydney Morning Herald lists it as the third known death; the other two deaths being in 1938 and 1945.[22]

Shortly after 11:00 a.m. local time (01:00 UTC), Irwin was filming in the Low Isles, Queensland near Port Douglas, north of Cairns, Queensland, Australia, (Map of where Irwin died) , where he was stung either through his heart [23] or through the left side of his chest[24] After he was stung, his crew called for medical help and attempted to resuscitate him. The Queensland Rescue Helicopter responded, taking him to Cairns Base Hospital.[25] However, Irwin was pronounced dead at noon.[26] He was not killed by the sting itself but from a puncture to the heart in turn causing cardiac arrest. The Queensland Police Service notified his family and released a statement for the media concerning the event.

News of his death prompted a public outpouring expressing shock and loss. Several Australian news websites went down due to high web traffic [27] and talk-back radio experienced a high volume of callers expressing their grief [28], commemorating his passion and exuberance. Prime Minister John Howard, among many other politicians, expressed his "shock and distress" at the death, saying that "Australia has lost a wonderful and colourful son.” [29] Steve Irwin's body was flown to a morgue in Cairns, where stunned family and friends were gathering on Monday night. His American-born wife Terri was told of her husband's death while on a walking tour in Tasmania, and returned to the Sunshine Coast with her two children, Bindi (eight) and two-year-old son Bob.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Sep 04, 2006 at 07:58 AM.
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

Otaku Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Croc Hunter...

Yeah, I just heard about that. Sad to hear that too. But yes, I would agree to that, live that way, die that way, especially what he did.

They say, "I will die for my country." I never hear them say, "I will kill for my country."

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks

Well theres no argument from me
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

Otaku Wolf_of_the_North may be famous one day Wolf_of_the_North may be famous one day Wolf_of_the_North's Avatar
    Just a hopscotch away from Never Never Land...
    Thanks

Yes, I read about it this morning. At least he was doing something he loved...that is the best way to go. Recently, I have come to the conclusion that it is almost more humane to be killed to die of an illness. But that's just my opinion. May the Crocodile Hunter rest in peace...

DEMON SPAWN IS AWESOME!!!!! XP

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really a debate-able subject. Moving to cyber lounge.

Yeah this was a shock to me. I thought a croc would have gotten him, not a stingray. A real shame, i loved watching this guy.

Thanks

Well your right there, at least he went out doing somthing he liked

-=Tumble_Dry=-

Re: The Croc Hunter Dies

He lived on the edge, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Otaku Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Croc Hunter Dies

i wouldent know what to tell you. but it is sad cuz he had a wife and two little girls! i feel for the girls cuz i know what its like living with out a dad!
    "... And then, a ray of light pierced the darkness. The light turned into a figure of a person who was followed by a fairy, and also held the spirit of the forest..."

thats great!! thank you!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast