+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Curious

Newbie Roshi1030 is off to a good start Roshi1030's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Curious

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    Are you kidding?
    Being 57 and watching anime just makes you awesome.
    I hope I die watching anime or playing video games (If it's a Final Fantasy game, I want to have it set up so that when I die, the "Game Over" theme plays ).
    Exactly; as a mater of fact when i go on to the next astral plain i'm making sure they bury me with my Anime collection and portable DVD player.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Roshi1030 For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (May 17, 2011)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi1030 View Post
    I don't refer to myself as old; i prefer to use fossil, has more character & historical value.
    LOL, that's a good one! I'm going to use that in about twenty years or so.

If memory serves correct, I think there are a couple others here (not sure of the number) who are around your age. I'm thirty years of age. I'm assuming the rest of our users are between ages 13-25. Again, I'm not sure. I only know a fraction of the people here.

Anyway, I usually come here to discuss anime/manga and other various subjects like current events, video games and music. Well, life in general through the eyes of an otaku. LOL. I say just wing it. That's what I did. I wasn't a user here until I was around 24 or so. I've been watching anime my entire life though. Voltron and Robotech is how I got my start.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Roshi1030 (May 16, 2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    LOL, that's a good one! I'm going to use that in about twenty years or so.

If memory serves correct, I think there are a couple others here (not sure of the number) who are around your age. I'm thirty years of age. I'm assuming the rest of our users are between ages 13-25. Again, I'm not sure. I only know a fraction of the people here.

Anyway, I usually come here to discuss anime/manga and other various subjects like current events, video games and music. Well, life in general through the eyes of an otaku. LOL. I say just wing it. That's what I did. I wasn't a user here until I was around 24 or so. I've been watching anime my entire life though. Voltron and Robotech is how I got my start.
    I'm making that same assumption about age; just feel a little awkward, as time passes so will that feeling, thanks for the boost.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roshi1030 For This Useful Post:

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I'm 36 and have been watching Anime and playing video games (although not so much of the latter much anymore) since I was a teenager. It doesn' matter, Imo, what your age is; so long as you do what you love and love what you do. Whether it's work, hobbies, or jus' fooling around; it's your life, live it however you want to. It's way too short to worry about particulars.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi1030 View Post
    I'm making that same assumption about age; just feel a little awkward, as time passes so will that feeling, thanks for the boost.
    Agreed. Although, I didn't really feel too awkward about my age until I hit 29/30. I'll be 31 this July, so I'm kinda stepping up the age rank ladder. LOL. I guess the feeling will pass when I realize that I'm the only one concerned about my age.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    Well, I'm 36 and have been watching Anime and playing video games (although not so much of the latter much anymore) since I was a teenager. It doesn' matter, Imo, what your age is; so long as you do what you love and love what you do. Whether it's work, hobbies, or jus' fooling around; it's your life, live it however you want to. It's way too short to worry about particulars.
    Thirty-six? I thought you were only a year or two older than me. Maybe you told me once and I just forgot. LOL.

But, yeah. I agree with you. Do what you love and be happy that you're doing it! That's the whole point to living a good life, right? Well, I guess if you love committing crimes, that's a different subject.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Roshi1030 (May 17, 2011)

Newbie Clay Gardell is off to a good start Clay Gardell's Avatar
    Thanks

Studies have begun to show older people that are fans of anime and things of the sort, like video games and such, now out number the amount of younger people who do. I don't know about this site, but it definitely isn't weird.
    ~"Only a heart can be shattered into so many pieces..."~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clay Gardell For This Useful Post:

Roshi1030 (May 17, 2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Gardell View Post
    Studies have begun to show older people that are fans of anime and things of the sort, like video games and such, now out number the amount of younger people who do. I don't know about this site, but it definitely isn't weird.
    Good point; it is also an indication (of sorts) that more people are turning to alternatives to the crap offered on cable and general TV. We are still glued to the box but in ways not predicted by those census takers and pollers.

{ Not everyone is a sheep; following what they are told to do by popular opinion, we think for ourselves}

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what life is all about: finding new things, meeting new people. I don't really get out much, but I do savor every experience, even if it is mundane.

Go on everyone, go on and live your lives to the fullest. D:
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus Fenix For This Useful Post:

Roshi1030 (May 20, 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast