Closed Thread

Thread: Cutters-How many do you know?

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Cutters-How many do you know?

I'm not really asking if you agree with cutting or anthing like that, but more so, do you know people that cut?
    -How old were they when they started?
    -Do you know how long they've been doing it?
    -Did they show you when they did it or tell you?
    -Do they still hurt themselves?
    -Are they related to you?

This is for research for a novel on similar stuff. XD So please be honest and answer the questions if you can.

I found that five of my friends use to cut, and two never really told anyone. Most of them only did it for a few years, but one almost killed himself recently which led me to thinking about it more for a story. He is 19 now, but said he's been cutting since he was 11. I also found out my little cousin, 13, has been cutting for a year or so. I saw her legs one day when she spent the night with me. It made me want to cry. I myself use to cut as well, but would never want to do it again, nor do I want to see anyone that does it hurt themselves more. I did it for five years and no one knew about it for the longest time. My brother use to cut when he was 14, 15 but he didn't do it for long. I found my sister has started to hurt herself also, though I'm not sure whether it's by cutting or hitting her head. She is 14.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutters-How many do you know?

God Darkened_Star, you must live in a bad area, and your family must be going thru heavy stuff. I never knew anyone who's done this, man whats up with this generation? I know teen pregnancy and drugs are a big problem, but this issue needs more media attention. I didn't even know about it before i joined this forum. All i knew was ppl cut there wrist to commit suicide, not just for fun or release. Parents need to notice the signs and get their kids help, as this is a mental issue.

Otaku Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive had a few friends who used to cut (funny thing is some of them wouldnt fit in that sort of of hmm stereo type)

i would say anywhere between 14-20
    one has been doing it like 5 years i would say.
    Yeah ive seen alot of those scars and open fresh cuts and yeah.... not so fun
    no none are related to me.

Newbie Lestat Uchiha is off to a good start Lestat Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkened_Star View Post
    I'm not really asking if you agree with cutting or anthing like that, but more so, do you know people that cut?
    -How old were they when they started?
    -Do you know how long they've been doing it?
    -Did they show you when they did it or tell you?
    -Do they still hurt themselves?
    -Are they related to you?

This is for research for a novel on similar stuff. XD So please be honest and answer the questions if you can.

I found that five of my friends use to cut, and two never really told anyone. Most of them only did it for a few years, but one almost killed himself recently which led me to thinking about it more for a story. He is 19 now, but said he's been cutting since he was 11. I also found out my little cousin, 13, has been cutting for a year or so. I saw her legs one day when she spent the night with me. It made me want to cry. I myself use to cut as well, but would never want to do it again, nor do I want to see anyone that does it hurt themselves more. I did it for five years and no one knew about it for the longest time. My brother use to cut when he was 14, 15 but he didn't do it for long. I found my sister has started to hurt herself also, though I'm not sure whether it's by cutting or hitting her head. She is 14.

well, my dear..i am a cutter..i have been one since age 12..
    and i know 2 other people, and they started around the same age..we all revealed it to each other one after another, and found our relationships strengthened with this. yes we all still do it. and they are not blood related
    Mushroom Cloud Laying MotherFudger

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...Ezekiel 25:17

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't agree with the practice (if you can call it that), and I concider it a severe problem with someone's head if they think that they need to physicly harm themselves in that manner.

This is not a healthy practice, and those who do do it should seek help, since there is most likely a larger problem at the root of the issue that you might not even be aware of.

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

well i've been cutting myself since i was like 14... my x-girlfriend was cutting herself to.... didn't really givea tought as to why the heck i was cutting myself.... thik it has more to do witl love for pain and stuff..... i stoped cutting myself like 2-3 years ago... can't really remember

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Enough of this. Cutting is a severe mental disorder. If you think that mutilating your own body fixes, helps or "feels" good or what ever your justification may be, you need help.

I'm closing this.

Closed Thread