+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Dattebayo REALLY crossing the Limits?!

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Dattebayo REALLY crossing the Limits?!

I mean, it's not that their "hard work" is actually legal. In my point of view, all they do is pirate Naruto Shippuuden episodes [and some more] from Japan, and just add the subtitles. Claiming that it is "their" work.
    so ur angry about them being pirate, but since u're downloading them aren't u in the same bout? only difference is that they are putting effort into something that will gain them no profit.

Also, anyone who is a frequent visitor there, you must remember the time when they faked and accident, saying that they were caught by police in a convention. However it turned out that it was a big fat lie and no such thing "would ever be known even if it still happened".
    ok so u obviously can't take a joke very well. i think the point here is that it proves how gullible ppl are, especially on the web. and i'm pretty sure with all fake news reports the put YHBT hidden somewhere in there. maybe not in the easiest place to find but it's usually hidden in there. so if u can't figure out its fake don't take it out on them, ur the only one to blame. be thankful that ur learning not everything u see and hear is true.

And also, is it right for them to just BAN people and post excruciatingly agitating lies / posts / rules / comments and act all "tough"? Even in you ask politely, they will ban you, rather than ignoring you.
    okay imagine the same question being ask lets say 1000 times. now at some point u will get pretty darn irritated and pissed off and imagine how much time that wastes. even if u ask politely it makes no difference. plus correct me if i'm wrong but it's banned to ask nearly any questions.

BTW just out of curiosity Rave_Grip but did u get banned from that site? cause from the way u are writing it pretty hard to imagine ur not.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Are these bans from their forums or IRC, because if it's IRC than that huge list is totally understandable.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Well lets see... are you one of the idiots in the link that was being a troll and was banned for it? If so you have no pity from me. You go on their site you play by their rules. Don't like it find someone else.

BTW, I am pretty sure that sort of behavior would get you banned here as well.
    Actually no, I am not one of those retards in the link who got banned for it, nor I needed any pity from you in the first place, and it is obvious that getting banned here is just as easy. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by dude101 View Post
    so ur angry about them being pirate, but since u're downloading them aren't u in the same bout? only difference is that they are putting effort into something that will gain them no profit.
    I have no choice, the other fansubs I have went to don't have accurate, or have better meanings for words / sentences. I checked.

ok so u obviously can't take a joke very well. i think the point here is that it proves how gullible ppl are, especially on the web. and i'm pretty sure with all fake news reports the put YHBT hidden somewhere in there. maybe not in the easiest place to find but it's usually hidden in there. so if u can't figure out its fake don't take it out on them, ur the only one to blame. be thankful that ur learning not everything u see and hear is true.
    Joke? Nooohh, I doubt it. A Joke is something that at least makes you smile, not a waste of time to read. Not that I care to what really happens, either. And I think I already know that not everything you see is true. I never took it out on them either. So .... never assume.

okay imagine the same question being ask lets say 1000 times. now at some point u will get pretty darn irritated and pissed off and imagine how much time that wastes. even if u ask politely it makes no difference. plus correct me if i'm wrong but it's banned to ask nearly any questions.
    Hmm, well my friend is an ammeture coder, and his codes can block those useless mails everytime. So why can't the top guns take a shot?

BTW just out of curiosity Rave_Grip but did u get banned from that site? cause from the way u are writing it pretty hard to imagine ur not.
    No, I just sent them an e-mail saying to keep up their work, but they sent me a message which was no-where near a welcome reply.

Last edited by Rave_Grip; Nov 02, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

#1: Fansubs are illegal.
    #2: Fansubbers are pirates.
    #3: There is no honor among pirates.

(this coming from a self-admitted pirate/piracy-supporter ~ I scanlate, I have translated for fansubs, I scan, and I buy tons of doujinshi)

We can play subjective morality games saying one group is more or less moral than the others, but the bottom line is: fanfiction, fansubbing, doujinshi, scanlating, cosplay, etc. are all forms of playing in someone else's pool with no permission, no legal right and often after they've told you explicitly not to.

EVERYONE in those fields should know full well that they are doing wrong, even if they believe it's for the right reasons, and that they have no right to dictate to others also doing wrong what is, in fact "the right way" to do wrong.

As a consumer of illegal (pirated) material, you probably don't have a hell of a lot of right to complain either. You're an accomplice to theft. For every one person working hard to create that pirated material, you're expending very little effort and risking next to nothing while still benefitting from it (and damaging the industry by relying on piracy rather than commercial works).

You tick off a site's owner: they ban you. That's the way the internet works. Kind of like going to someone's house and getting kicked out for your political beliefs. You might be horrified at the injustice of it all: but it's their damn house. Deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2