+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Days gone by!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Days gone by!

i was sitting here playing doom for the ps1 and got to
    thinking how come games have gotten so complexed
    and so sillyyes i know ps3 and the 360 have some decent games
    and online stuff but how come they went from awesome
    butt kicking games to having to go from point A to point B
    i feel left needing more or something you know?

the games back then were simple and fun just like doom
    they were hard but they were fun i think they took the fun out
    most games they make now just so they can have something new
    and shiny thats just my opinion anyway.

give me a 16 bit graphic game like castlevania any day
    over the new stuff i just find the classics more playable
    than the new games , does anyone else feel this way?
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Days gone by!

I feel totally the same way, that goes for probably everyone born in the 80s and early 90s. I love platform games, old style games like adventure island, bignose caveman, contra, castlevania, kid Icarus, and so so many other games. They was totally fun, they didnt need to be complex where u can watch your guy load the gun manually bullet by bullet, and see the smoke form the bullet as it passes through the air. I find those games a little too difficult sometimes, and a little aggervating when you really dont want to put half of the year into one game, what happened to those games you could beat in like 20+ hours? i never play multiplayer online games because of the reason they never end... why play a game that has no ending? give me good old pacman, or even duckhunt... i hate that damn dog.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i hated that dog too though i heard if you got high enough in the
    levels you could shoot him but i never got that high , makes me wish
    retro games or anything pre ps2 because games have really lost what
    got me hooked i barly look for new games unless its free roaming like GTA
    even then thats boaring after a while.

they need to go back to the basics because they lost there touch
    somewhere along the way
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Wheel 2 Spin Champion, Bejeweled Champion, Aqua blocks Champion, CrashDown Champion Blue Wolf is off to a good start Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

I find more recent games perfectly playable and enjoyable, not all, but mostly.

Of course, I enjoy classic games a lot too, but my favourites are not the retro ones, as good as they are.

I'd say my favourite NES game would be Super Mario Bros., and my favourite SNES game would have to be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, both classic games.

But my favourite game of all time is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, something that was released just last year, not over a decade ago, like old, retro games.

I enjoyed the latest and greatest video games for the current times throughout my 19 years of living. My Favourite N64 and GC game is a no brainer though: Super Smash Bros., and Super Smash Bros. Melee. XD

RPG Character: MetalGarurumon. Level: 86.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's mainly for the nostalgia factor. Somtimes a complex storyline isn't what we need, and just the mario style gameplay.

I feel myself yearning for just some point a to point b style gameplay. Jumping on mushrooms was never as fun as it is in Mario, and we all know it.

So let's put down gears of war and killzone. Put away oblivion and fallout 3.

Let's go pick up some kirby and sonic, shall we?
    Why hello there!

Otaku Wheel 2 Spin Champion, Bejeweled Champion, Aqua blocks Champion, CrashDown Champion Blue Wolf is off to a good start Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

I will gladly when I have an Internet Connect that allows me to connect the Wii to the Wii Shop Channel so I can download some NES and SNES games. >_>

Seriously, Dial-Up is just so agonizingly slow...I could have less laggy online Brawls with a better Internet connection too...

But anyway, well...I really enjoyed the classic, retro games the most when they were the current thing, but with all the modern games with these hugely inhanced graphics...it just makes games look so much more appealing to me.

But in ways I like the old games more, they certainly have a very nostalgic feel, which games like Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl don't have, they are up to date with the technology of today, not the simplicity of games from decades ago, but even back then, those games still have a certain kind of appeal today, though it is a bit different.

Back in the day, it was modern technology, so it was just "the best out there", but now it's all about how nostalgic games like the original Super Mario Bros., and the very first Sonic the Hedgehog games (Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is my favourite of those retro ones. ), I should show more appreciation for those old games now though.

At least I have the Sonic Mega Collection for PS2, it has that classic Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in it.

RPG Character: MetalGarurumon. Level: 86.

+ Reply to Thread