35 56.45%
  • I don't know?

16 25.81%
  • I rather not vote

4 6.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Death on 2012

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death on 2012

I really dotn think that it will happen.
    I think the people that discovered all this stuff just read too much into it.
    As humans we do that alot.
    And also we cant see what will happen in the future. Specially not somthng on such a
    large scale.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Newbie Serenity Carter may be famous one day Serenity Carter may be famous one day Serenity Carter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    I think it's all a bunch of Crap. People can make a "prediction" any time they want. That doesn't mean it'll be right. Sure, scientific evidence and whatnot, but still. If anything, the earth's imminent downfall isn't for a few million/billion years when the sun explodes or the moon loses orbit [Which it's moving less than an inch per year] So Even if we do die, who really cares. The world today is kinda rotten anyways, and eventually it'll be polluted, overpopulated and possibly hotter due to global warming. So we're dead, but there's no set-in-stone time.
    Wow! You are really depressing, u sound like life has no meaning!
    If you really don't care then what's the point in living?
    Life's short so have a laugh about it

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Carter View Post
    Wow! You are really depressing, u sound like life has no meaning!
    If you really don't care then what's the point in living?
    My depressive personality has almost nothing to do with it. I'm merely stating some of the possible worst case scenarios. If you think about it, it could be taken both good and bad. Some people can learn to adapt to these disruptions of the earth or find alternate solutions. Maybe it's true, maybe I don't care or have any point to living. There are more then just me who would think that way. What I'm trying to explain is that The so said "death" of the earth could happen at any given moment and that there is not true time for it until it's time. If it actually happens to be when the Aztecs [?] say it is, then you can actually say I was wrong.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Nostradamus did not predict 9/11... the quatrain you are quoting is a famous fabrication, made of real quatrains "remixed" to match the event and then sent around in emails. It was a hoax.

Nostradamus is also usually interpreted to have given a date in July 1999 as the birth of the anti-christ and the beginning of the End of Days.

If he was right, the anti-christ will be 13 on the date you've given. I doubt he'll be old enough to bring about armageddon.

The 2012 number is coming from the Mayan calender, not Nostradamus (though certain end of the world fans are frantically looking for ANYTHING that will line up to smack the date on and say "here it is, everyone's saying it!")

As for whether he's ever been wrong: Nostradamus has made thousands of predictions. Only 2 were "dead on" enough to inspire actual awe and both of them in his lifetime (which is what made him famous in the first place)... that's not a very good record in practice.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe it won't... a lot of experts and common people are working together to solve all the world's problems by 2010... that includes the ozone depletion, global warming, pollution, overpopulation, scarcity, poverty, and all those other problems... and they are working hard... i belive it won't happen...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Okay I'm gonna say pretty much the same thing I did in the END OF THE WORLD POST.

It is NOT supposed to be the end of the world, it's supposed to be a time of great change. An ending to the world as we know it, but not an end.

It could mean anything. Life from somewhere else makes it's self know in way that can not be denied. the polar caps melt, and what's left of man is forced to live on water. Man begins the next step in evolution. Man finally snaps the h_ll out of it and stops destroying the planet, the animal life, and each other. Or perhaps man drops a few bombs, and we trigger another ice age.

It could mean anything, but it is supposed to be a time of great change that is supposed to lead us toward peace. Some zealot conspiracy theorist decided it's the end, and started running with it, now everyone is saying END OF THE WORLD. That's not what it started as.

2013 ORACLE (Someone lent it to me. I just read the book, I didn't use the cards....)
    by David Carson & Nina Sammons; art by Gigi Borri

According to the Mayan calendar, the year 2012 signals a global shift towards a calmer, more peaceful and caring world. To help us navigate this period of change, best-selling author David Carson shows us how to access the ancient spiritual wisdom of the Native American earthkeepers who were light years ahead of their time.

by Daniel Pinchbeck

According to the Mayan calendar, December 21, 2012 marks the end of the “Great Cycle” and the beginning of another with the prophesied return of Quetzalcoatl, the Mesoamerican deity of ancient myth represented by a fusion of a bird and a snake. In this mind-bending trip through cosmological phenomena, best-selling author Daniel Pinchbeck (Breaking Open the Head) shows us how the reappearance of this mysterious “Plumed Serpent” could signal a worldwide shift of consciousness from chaos to a more peaceful awareness.

A compelling narrative of anecdotes, scientific research, and observations, 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl proposes that the completion of the Great Cycle and return of Quetzalcoatl are archetypes, and their underlying meaning points toward the rapid creation, development, and dissemination of new institutions and social structures. “The spirituality of indigenous cultures is rooted in a deep and unsentimental connection to the Earth,” writes Pinchbeck, and by paying careful attention to the plants, geographical features, and local differences in our environment, perhaps “we can relearn a reverence for the physical world, integrating nature and spirit.”

THE MYSTERY OF 2012
    edited by Tami Simon

People in all walks of life are starting to wonder what will happen in the year 2012: Are we coming to the end of a cosmic cycle? Will there be an age of awakening and a new step in human evolution? Or is this the end of the world as we know it? To answer these questions and raise a few new ones, some of the field’s leading authorities look at the possibilities of this pivotal time.

Thought-provoking and insightful, The Mystery of 2012 features a collection of essays by some of One Spirit’s top authors including:
    • Gregg Braden’s scientific examination of how the shift in the earth’s magnetic field will affect us
    • Daniel Pinchbeck’s discussion on the recent rise in psychic phenomena as we approach 2012
    • Lawrence E. Joseph who looks at the spirituality, signs, and symbolism of “The Bible Code”
    • Janosh, the best-selling author of the Sacred Geometry Kit who says it’s the start of a new era
    • John Major Jenkins, Jean Houston, and prominent voices

Of the startling observations presented here, perhaps the most powerful of all is Pinchbeck’s call to action that “we are not helpless spectators in this drama, but powerful actors with an opportunity to directly influence the results.”

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think its true.For many reasons.I was watching somthing about it and it said that 2 wizards predicted the end of life as we know it will take place.And it also said that the mian(AN acient clivaztion) calander stop at the year 2012.Bout depending on how u interpret "The end of life how we all know it"It could mean many things.Maby just changes will accour.Maby the world will blow up.Maby the sun will die out.Maby there will be a 2nd ice age.But i interpret it as Something major will happen that will whipe out human existance for a peroid of time or forever.But It all depends on how u interpert things.

Newbie supersonico may be famous one day supersonico may be famous one day supersonico's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Nostradamus did not predict 9/11... the quatrain you are quoting is a famous fabrication, made of real quatrains "remixed" to match the event and then sent around in emails. It was a hoax.

Nostradamus is also usually interpreted to have given a date in July 1999 as the birth of the anti-christ and the beginning of the End of Days.

If he was right, the anti-christ will be 13 on the date you've given. I doubt he'll be old enough to bring about armageddon.

The 2012 number is coming from the Mayan calender, not Nostradamus (though certain end of the world fans are frantically looking for ANYTHING that will line up to smack the date on and say "here it is, everyone's saying it!")

As for whether he's ever been wrong: Nostradamus has made thousands of predictions. Only 2 were "dead on" enough to inspire actual awe and both of them in his lifetime (which is what made him famous in the first place)... that's not a very good record in practice.
    Well. i know what u r talking about, yup tsurara is saying a bit of truth.
    the mayan calendary marks the 2012 has the begining of the new sun
    what does it mean? i dont remember the date of this but... one day, in a weather field(i guess it was in England),a strange mayan draw appeared. it was a mayan calendary and the 2012 was marked. Maybe , i say maybe we could meet a new life form? maybe they are trying to tell us that all we r doing in the world will lead us to the destruction? well no one knows... uhh about the end of the days, its not true
    Damned Japanese Otakuses

They always keep the good stuff in Japan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast