+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: death... how do u deal with a loss?and explain y?

Otaku ryomakurosaki is off to a good start ryomakurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

death... how do u deal with a loss?and explain y?

This weekend my brother lost a good friend. He drowned and died. I'm not good with the loss of a friend. I knew many people who died but i could go to their funeral because the pain was to much. I want to know how people deal with the loss.

R.I.P of TIEN TA
    AGE 19
    Last edited by ryomakurosaki; Jul 01, 2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Spelling
    [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: death... how do u deal with a loss?and explain y?

Hmmm, interesting topic. I think I might be able to help a bit.

I've actually lost both my Uncle, the only one on my Mum's side, & my Dad, both to cancer. My Uncle was first, followed by my Dad a year later, both in December. Some of my family aren't big fans of December any more, but I guess I'm OK with it.

When my Uncle died, It was extra painful because his wife's sisters started manipulating her, slowly cutting us off until he died. What we ended up doing was helping each other out however we could. Unfortunantly, the manipulating has started to surface again, coming up to 3 years after, with her kids being fed lies about money & who was causing who to have less access to my Uncle while he was dieing. It's actually hurting the family a bit, but were pulling through. The biggest downside is that we don't get to see our cousins anymore, & we really got along well with them, especially my sister & their oldest, who is just a year older.

Soon after, my Dad was also diagnosed with cancer & started the fight. He started winning, but then it came back with vengeance & finally killed him. He was actually home, with all our family & his brothers & sisters there too. In fact, he was rude enough not to wait for me to finish hanging out my washing. My brother's girlfriend came out & told me he might have died. So much for the week my Mum was told. His death was a lot "neater", so to speak, in that there hasn't been any problems other than him actually dieing.

Basically, I've personally gotten through it all by helping everyone else out, & keeping my sense of humor. Especially when Dad died, our whole family needed someone to lean on, & I seemed to naturally fall into that position, especially since I'm the oldest. Actually, if I wasn't being strong for everyone else, I possibly wouldn't have been able to handle it so well.

I guess the best advise is talk about it. I know it sounds a bit cleshe, but it's actually not that bad advice. If you try to bottle it up, it'll just find the first chance to get out. That's what happened with Mum while enjoying some end of week drinks at work. She'd drunk a bit much & it was all starting to come out. Thankfully I was already near by, so I walked to her work & we ended up taking a company paid taxi home. It might not be the toughest thing to do, but if you need to, do it.

Oh, & don't forget to laugh. Laughter is the best medicine.
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

you just do cause holding on hurts and living in the past hurts more then trying to forget

Do to others as you see fit

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I lost my great grandmother this year on April. I wasn't able to go to her funeral cause it was a school day and it on the other side of the world so yeah. I was pissed.

But how I deal with is remember that I'll be ok! She should be in heaven like everyone else so I will know she will always be alive and watching me so yeah! Thats like the only way I know I will always care for them in my heart and they'll always be with me as well so yeah!
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Newbie EijiAzurite is off to a good start EijiAzurite's Avatar
    Thanks

Well death can be painful enough as it is but if you hold on to that person than it will be more devastating than you can ever imagine. Talking about how you feel and the good times you had with that person can begin the process of healing. If you hold onto this in your heart you will cause mental damage in the future. Like the Matrix said as a quote and i like this one "The body can not live without the mind." So instead of celebrating death you should in turn celebrate life which in turns is more lively and cheerful.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60054&dateline=118231  2968

Otaku Gold Miner: Second Edition Champion tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day
    Thanks

I lost my grandfather from my father's side a while back but its still hard on me for I never met the man and he lived in another country...i never got to go to his funeral for we did not have the money to pay for tickets to go...but it was hard on the whole family but we worked together to stay strong...losing a loved one can be hard on anyone I feel that talking to people about that person of all the good times you had is the best...just know that they are in a better place and they are watching over you always and you will never forget them for they are in your heart and will always be with you

Made by mi amigo Mveli2

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

That must have been very hard.But i know exactuly how you feel.That happened to a friend of mine.He was hit by a truck while running across a street to see his girl friend after a school field trip.I went to his funeral knowing that he was in a better place.That is still what i tell myself to this day.It is a very sad thing to lose a friend and you are not expected to get over it any time soon.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh wow. hmm let see
    well when someone close to me dies I usually go and cry my eyes out for a couple of days or more adn there is always a pain that lingers and once in a while I cry about it.
    I mostly cry. It helps me alot. And I also talk to poeple who are close to me about it.
    So yeah.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast