+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demoralizing?

Otaku Zidane - Head Butt Game Champion, Zizzo Challenge Champion, Zwill Champion, Aragon Dragon Champion KingAnime is off to a good start
    Thanks

Demoralizing?

Are some advertisements demoralizing, Im talking the ones with people who are considered pretty that are on every billboard and commerical advertising.
    Its like the world wants everyone to look the same and be a certain size and all that. Me personally i don't really care about what they show in all that but do some people?

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might
    Beware My Power Green Lanterns Might

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Demoralizing?

There's a lot of advertising out there that could seriously lower a persons self esteem. The thing to remember is that those images have been airbrushed, and photoshopped, and junk. Don't let that stuff get in your head.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, i defiitely think so. for guys too. were expeceted to have surfer bodies and we expect girls to look like models or celebrities. its no fair.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe you are missing the point here. Sex sells. It's not saying "this is what you should look like." It's saying "Look at this attractive person and what they are advertising."
    Why hello there!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, most of the adds and comercials are a 100% demoralizing... why do you think bulimia and anorexia got so big lately? because beauty now is defined by how skinny and how "hot" you look.... and how much skin you are willing to show.... clothing is made now for only skinny people... the commerce is looking for more and more models who are willing to show their bones.... models now a days have more showing bones than skin.... that's the beauty.... and a hot model is who shows more skin. The hottest chick in the comercial is the one which boobs and legs are out.... the dress is only to cover the essential....
    The hottest girl in a movie.... well... I could keep going on and on and get to the same conclusion....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

You all need to stop complaining. I bet you if I made a movie with one of the best storylines but the most visually displeasing people I can find to be in the movie you wouldn't watch it.

Yes, most of those people on ads are bless with the body, but some worked hard for their body. I am not talking about super models though as they are on the extreme. And all those girls with eating disorders are not victims, they are trying to reach a goal the easy way. Can't really blame people for being beautiful, eating healty, and staying active to keep that body.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread