+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Dictonary

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Dictonary

I have a English - Spanish , an English - German, and a basic english one. . .cuz my brother uses them . . . yea. . . I personally never use them, if I'm in need of one I usually just check online.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to use a dictionary for my English class back in High School because most literature books still had some archaic terms not used in now days English literature.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I don't really use dictionaries much, and if I do, tis mostly online ones. Sort of the same deal with thesaurus', which I tend to find more useful. There is one at a arm's length away from me though, just in case. You never know when you might need it, I mean, at the very least it is a decent makeshift projectile.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I wish a lot of you would use the dictionary more.
    And by using I mean reading it, not using it as paperweight or to stabilize a table.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    I have three, and I know right were they are. On occasions when writing a short story I'll use it, but mostly I use the internet, for it can do *almost* everything! =D! Still yeah....I do "read" it sometimes, only to see goofy words with simple definitions.
    I'm the same way. I've got a dictionary, thesaurus and several other English grammar books sitting on the shelf. I only know where the dictionary and thesaurus are at all times though. I read my thesaurus from time to time, just to find new synonyms and funny lookin' words. I only use the dictionary to verify I'm spelling words I already know correctly. But seeing how I'm in front of a computer most of the day, it's pretty futile; so I just use online dictionaries.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I wish a lot of you would use the dictionary more.
    And by using I mean reading it, not using it as paperweight or to stabilize a table.
    lol! Not everyone is a good as you are Hassun.

I use the online dictionaries a lot myself however... my mother has this really sweet dictionary set I would love to get my hands on. It's unabridged in two volumes and has everything you could ever need to know about any word in it. Each volume is 10x18x5" thick, the pages are onion paper, and the text is so small that each page has 4 pages printed on it in order to fit everything. It comes with this great magnifier so you can actually read it and puts anything I have found on the net to shame.

I bought my son a college dictionary for his schoolwork and he reads it then tells me all the new words he's learned. He's still in "A" though.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

I supose it's what people can and can't be bothered doing, it's not as if your stuck on a word and think of dictionary...actually yes well you do think that but it's the problem of were you left it that comes to your mind as it is rarley used it genrally tends to get itself lost. Making your mind think oh i can't be bothered finding it, so you boot up the computer sit down check your emails and then find the word you looking for. So it's up to people to make the effort to use a dictionary...

Newbie Hachiryu may be famous one day Hachiryu may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think there's some ancient dictionary of my grandmother's lying around the house somewhere, but that isn't even a good one. So no I don't usually open a dictionary unless I'm am at school. If I'm at the house I usually will just look on the computer.

Though randomly I do enjoy just flipping one open and seeing what words I find... strumpet, smegma. For some odd reason, those have stuck in my mind for a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast