+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did twilight screw over vampire and werewolves

Otaku Trojan man is off to a good start Trojan man's Avatar
    Thanks

Did twilight screw over vampire and werewolves

the point im tring to make is did twilight screw over vampire and werewolves im saying this because before vampire and werewolves would rip your head of as soon as you see them and never fall in love unles it whas to kill that person unlike in twilight were vampire and werewolves are just faling in love
    so whats youre opinion on this mater

(sorry me not spell so good )
    and if i make a few enamies cose of this i dont care what you say twilight sucks

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Did twilight screw over vampire and werewolves

O.o my sis. would kill u ^_^ (lol) as not a twilight fan and never will be, I'd say no. Twilight from my point of view has made intrest in vampires and werewolves greater... in other words a lot of shows have poped up about tem and I think its fine...
    its just a diffrent light on tem in a way...
    death and life are one and the same

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Not a debate and discuss topic, moving to general discussion

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say so even though I love Twilight Saga but I do believe it ruined the image of Vampires and Werewolves. I think that a better example of tying vampires and werewolves to love is Underworld. It still gives them that "I'd kill you in a instant" edge while showing that they can still love. :]

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that Twilight necessarily screwed over vampires and werewolves, but it did definitely breaks up the concept of both into two different schools of thought. There's the gothic, old-school vampires/werewolves that we all love, the likes of Dracula, Wolfman, Van Helsing, etc. And then there's this sorta new age romanticized idea of vampires and werewolves like Twilight, and to a much lesser extent, Harry Potter.

Honestly, the genres of gothic and romance have been flirting cousins for decades, so that fact that they've integrated into teeny romance novels doesn't surprise me in the least. If anything, I think modern special effects have killed vampires and werewolves. It seems that with the dawn of blue screens, high def, and modern 3D have ushered in a significant increase in monster movies in general, be it vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc. I know they do it because they're really becoming popular in the mainstream, but at the same time it kinda kills it when you've got all these kinds of movies coming out all the time. If something seems overdone, you can almost always blame The Man for it, and yourself a little bit for liking it so much and encouraging big business to keep investing in such things.

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion yea coz for me it was cooler without the mush crap and the fear ambience around werewolves have been dissolved . I beleve that that's not the only way it has screwed Vampires and werewolves ...Now there are so many vampire shows that it's all faded out lyk somethn that has lost it's appeal ... (And yes I hate the twilight saga too .)

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

I retract what I said about Twilight Saga ruining the image of Werewovles, it actually kept their tough persona; but the vampires it did ruin that. What kind of dangerous being sparkles in the sunlight? I mean really. It was better when the sun burned their skin or turned them to dust. Something that is undead should not sparkling in the sunlight. Out all the parts in the book I thought that was the second lamest, the first was the ending to the third book.

Otaku Kurai is off to a good start Kurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, Twilight DID screw over Vampires. Vampires don't freaking sparkle!

Want real Vampires, watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast