+ Reply to Thread

Thread: differences?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

differences?

Everyone says there different from another on
    1 or 2 things sometimes more but can anyone say that there
    really is a difference?

example: a guy named joe says he is a muslim and his belife preches holiness
    and respecting life , on that same belife system a christain would say pretty much the same thing but word it difrently but it would mean the same thing
    non the less.

there there are people in the army they fight for a jsut cause freedom
    terror etc. on one side the us is saving us from evil , from another countries point of view there trying to get rid of someone who is flaunting there muscle by anymeans , though 2 difrent points of views there both doing the same thing trying to help there country , terrorists say there different but basicly there just trying to make a statement for what they belive is right.

as you can see there are alot of points of views but in the end its all the same but it comes in diferent ways of thinking what does anyone else have to say on this? it can be pretty much on anything but my examples are just one of many i think.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: difrences?

I think I know what you're trying to say; more often than not two individuals viewing a situation or idea with different persepctives will reach the same conclusion and act on that conclusion with identical motives. For instance with your example of the war in Iraq; Al Qaeda, the insurgents or any resistance to U.S. forces view our reasons for being there as different than we do [perspective], but still reach the [conclusion] that it justifies their acts of violence towards us - because it's beneficial to the well being of their country, or so they think [motive]. As is our conclusion for our acts of violence against them.

It's an interesting speculation to say the least, but I believe it's a highly superficial one, comparitive to looking down at a city from several miles up. If you put just a tad more thought into it you will see that it's just as likely for people or a group of individuals with differentiating perspectives to reach different conclusions, or vise versa. It depends on several variables, and you are not drawing on enough examples to make your speculation even remotely distant to being correct when applied to a wide variety of situations. Though it is specious in some cases.

P.S. - You probably should have put this in D&D mate.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Oct 20, 2007 at 11:31 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie maamon is off to a good start maamon's Avatar
    Thanks

well ... humans are humans ... we are all humans ... but it is the environment that controls our acts ... so that lead to a multiple points of view ... on one thing ...
    war in Iraq ... some people think that Iraq was a great threat on America ... some other people think Iraq was a threat on Israel ... Iraqis think that Iran was a threat on their own land ... but Saddam thought that America was a threat on his country ...
    threat ... threat ... threat ... no mater who is threating who ... it's still the word threat ... same Iraq was considered an ally to some Arabian countries ...
    it's the human differences from each one of us to the others ... that makes us ... us ... nobody else ...
    Timing Is Everything ...

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    really is a difference?

as you can see there are alot of points of views but in the end its all the same but it comes in diferent ways of thinking what does anyone else have to say on this? it can be pretty much on anything but my examples are just one of many i think.
    If you knew a certain one of my roommates and me you would KNOW that there really are differences between people. HUGE differences, including:

The way we eat
    The way we think
    The way we sleep
    The way we talk
    The way we deal with difficult situations
    The way we view the world
    Our social habits
    Etc.

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree with you there because a muslim and a christian well in the way that you put it they are exactly the same but they just like say it diffrently but some people fight just for the fun of killing others but we dont fight for freedom because we allready have it so what do we fight for ?

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

really is a difference?
    of course it's considered a difference and a big one on that .... and if there was no difference we would be now siting on a rock getting some warm from a fire ,hunting with pikes ... etc. ,my point is with the "point of view" differences between people developments(on various things) were born (not talking about the religion ones because they're descended from beyond our humble knowledge) but technology i'm talking about ... because there was differences in the points of view between people in the world technology developed in some places more than others depending on how much they valuate the importance of technology to them (their point of view of it)
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: differences?

really is a difference?

example: a guy named joe says he is a muslim and his belife preches holiness
    and respecting life , on that same belife system a christain would say pretty much the same thing but word it difrently but it would mean the same thing
    non the less.

there there are people in the army they fight for a jsut cause freedom
    terror etc. on one side the us is saving us from evil , from another countries point of view there trying to get rid of someone who is flaunting there muscle by anymeans , though 2 difrent points of views there both doing the same thing trying to help there country , terrorists say there different but basicly there just trying to make a statement for what they belive is right.

I think what you are trying to say is why people say that one religion is different from the next when the main principles are the same, just have been altered.

If you really think about religion, and I mean really really think about all the religions then its clear points to one thing. Religion is built up from peoples own belief's. For somewhere down the line of history, some thing happened and that caused someone to believe what they saw in their own way, it wasn't until they started telling others that would believe them and then brough a religion into light.

For some religions are based on peoples perspectives on life and these theories where told to others and then its spread. Mostly around the country. But when you go to different countries, similarities will be seen between them. Its not that are completely different. In fact I believe that all religions are the same because of the principles. Its just how they act in reguards to their religion that changes. One thing is for certain though, each religion has a God, no doubt about that. Its just each one differs from the last because of how one person perceived the God. telling others the way they see God and put if you will " their own spin on this Higher being".

I have spent many nights thinking about why religions differ but really it all comes down to the philosophy of religions and most of them are the same, just been told differently. I am not sure if I have explained what I was trying to say very well, but this subject has always intrigued me.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread