+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Different Belief Systems: What do you choose?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Different Belief Systems: What do you choose?

Hello all at AO. There are many religions in the world and many belief systems to question or advocate said religions, and some to just make your own sense entirely.

Having said that, I think it would be interesting to find out what beliefs you follow. Do you follow only one, or take different ideas from many? Or is two or three the combination that works for you? Tell us what systems or religions you believe in, how it effects your life, and how you see things around you.

Now, for me, I was raised Christian. I belive in the teachings of this religion, but mainly i only strongly believe a few of the commandments. Thou shalt not kill, shall not steal, honor thy father, and honor thy neighbor.

Along with my Christianity, i believe the Buddhist idea of "believe only the truth that you have experienced and know to be true." There are many things that this saying does for me, for instance i now look into my Christian faith and take bits and pieces to try and live my life.

I also belive that i am rather cynical. I question many things, and tend to ask where information is found. If i'm going to learn, i may as well do it right.

But that's enough about me. How about you, AO brethren?
    Why hello there!

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Different Belief Systems: What do you choose?

I am a Native American Traditionalist. What does that mean? It means that I believed in Creator who made the world and all in it, I believe in Spirit Guides both animal and human in nature, I believe that ALL things have a Spirit. I also believe that there is more to this world than we can usually see, hear or feel. I also believe that Magic (we call it Medicine) does exist.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

born babtist, currantly agnostic. i believe in something not sure what specifically. i mainly live my life by Karma points do good things and good things will comes to you. so far so good!

Newbie bloody rain is off to a good start bloody rain's Avatar
    Thanks

im sry i dono wht to say but i think ull all hate me cuz im arabian an am relegion is islam but happy and proud of it
    keep smilling it makes ppl wonder wht ur up to

black 4 darkness red 4 blood and loves for losers

Newbie idioteque is off to a good start idioteque's Avatar
    Thanks

religion is generally a touchy subject, at least it always has been for me where i grew up...

born into the bible belt of the u.s., i was raised as a southern baptist. about 10 years ago, when i was merely 13, i decided christianity was not for me. i studied several religions, and always kept going back towards paganism. it just felt right for me, still does. i've always been fond of earth based religions, ever since i was a kid.

now, when it comes to the religions of others... i have nothing against anyone of any religion. if your faith suits you best, then by all means, go for it, embrace it, claim it, don't let anyone take it from you.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really have a religion, I kind of abandoned it. I prefer philosophy, and if there is one Philosophy I follow, it's the Sith Philosophy. Nihilism looks good too on occasions.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

umm... yea...well i used to beleave in god.... but i abandoned that beleafe a long time ago.... i usualy beleave in what i see to be true and well i still do beleave in "heaven" and "hell" sorta speak.... and like NeoDeath90 i suport the teachings: Thou shalt not kill, shall not steal, honor thy father, and honor thy neighbor... except for the father one......
    And Bloody Rain.. nobody hates you.... at least i don't
    don't know abbout the others :P
    and don't know why... but i usualy imagine heaven as being really borring.. with old people dressed in white playing chess and stuff...... and well.. Hell as being really fun.. with lava partyes and raves

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloody rain View Post
    im sry i dono wht to say but i think ull all hate me cuz im arabian an am relegion is islam but happy and proud of it
    WAAA you are Arabic me too ....and no one will hate you because you are one of the Arabic people ^_^ ...

and for the religion .. my religion Islam and i am very proud because this is my religion ...
    in Islam we don't lie and have to respect our parents and our neighbor and the most important thing that we have faith in our GOD .... we can't kill ourself or others because our GOD said "don't take souls" .... we believe in Haven and in Hell ... and we can't steal because in the Day of Resurrection our hand will talk and it will say everything this hand done in the life ... and never be strong at those who they don't have anything ... we help the poor and there is no one lower than anyone and there is no one upper than anyone we all equal ... and we don't never eat the possession of orphans ....

this is our religion this is who we are .. =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frozen Rose For This Useful Post:

bloody rain (Jul 06, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast