+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Different types of push ups?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Different types of push ups?

true but that have a full hindu excersie that goes with the push ups to make it
    work your hole body i can find a link that shows everything if you want
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    true but that have a full hindu excersie that goes with the push ups to make it
    work your hole body i can find a link that shows everything if you want

That would be great! I'll have to change my workout eventually...

ALSO!

The girly pushups are just stupid. I'm on the track team too, not cross-country though. I do sprints and long jump. I can do regular pushups pretty quickly (when I first started I couldn't even manage one, though ) but I'm still struggling with the triangle ones. Oooouch.
    Spymonk is right. It's not the speed that you do them, but the efficiency. Perform the entire motion from as close to the ground that you can bring yourself without eating it, to a fully outstretched arm.

Performing the full range will be more effective. I always thought that doing push ups very quickly and intense like would increase raw power endurance. If that's what you're looking for, though, then you're probably better off going straight until you fail, or doing sets of claps or box push ups...

That's a good thing to do every once in a while, even for a hardcore endurance guy like me. Every once in a while, instead of doing four sets of a specified number of push ups (25), I'll just do one set until I fail completely, skip a set, then do another set until i fail, then skip the last as well. If that made any sense, that is.

I accidentally broke my boxes today. I could say that I am so strong that my off explosion just broke the box, but instead I'll tell you the truth; I stepped on it while it was on it's side, and one of the sides broke off.

Ohs wells.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Newbie La Danse Macabre may be famous one day La Danse Macabre may be famous one day La Danse Macabre's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, all the basic push-up positions have been covered so I'll go through some push-up excersises that I learned in basic.

The Autobahn - It's real simple and you can use any push-up you'd like. To do the autobahn you start at one end of a room or hallway, your feet against the wall and knock out 50 push-ups to get on. Then you bring your feet up to your hands and extend until you reach the front leaning rest once more, then you knock out ten push-ups and keep doing that until you get to the end of the room/hallway and it takes 100 push-ups to get off the Autobahn

The Inch worm - Basically an easier version of the Autobahn. You start at one end of a room/hallway, assume the front leaning rest and pump out ten push-ups. You then bring you feet to your hands and extend your arms to form the front leaning rest once more, you then do one-five push-ups for every time you move

The Door Gunner - Basically the same thing as the vertical push-up. Place your feet against the wall so that you are vertical, your hands positioned to the size of the rear apperture of a M-60D (A little smaller then the diamond) and door sets of four (Example: 1, 2, 3, 1 1, 2, 3, 2...etc.)

Then for full body, there's front-back-go's, but you need another person for that. They call front, you do push-ups, back = sit-ups/flutter kicks however you fell and go is just get up and jog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3