+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney's new princess

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Disney's new princess

I recently found out that Disney has made a new movie with an African-American girl as its leading role and not some blue-eyed bombshell. I for one and very excited and can't wait to see the movie.

The movie is called the princess and the frog and takes place in New Orleans. It comes out in September but I think that is way too long for me. ^_^.

The Princess and the Frog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there is a link if you want to look it up. I just hope they main stream Tiana just as much as Cinderella, Auroa, Snow White, Ariel, etc. and not have her fade into the background

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Disney's new princess

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    I recently found out that Disney has made a new movie with an African-American girl as its leading role and not some blue-eyed bombshell. I for one and very excited and can't wait to see the movie.

The movie is called the princess and the frog and takes place in New Orleans. It comes out in September but I think that is way too long for me. ^_^.

The Princess and the Frog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there is a link if you want to look it up. I just hope they main stream Tiana just as much as Cinderella, Auroa, Snow White, Ariel, etc. and not have her fade into the background
    It's nice to see that Disney is going back to their roots and making this a traditionally hand drawn film. And I think we all need a break from the blonde, blue-eyed, bombshells. This new princess is going to be a welcome addition to the Disney pantheon.
    Why hello there!

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh em gee! A new one?

lulz

Agree wth you Neo. I missed the old times that Disney did. They used to make cartoons like Little Mermaid, Cinderella etc. Now all they do is animation, 3-D etc... But they're all good too. lol

This one, I think, would be good too.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

1st of all... i would like to say hi to princess lady... it has been so long hasn't it?

anyway... to the topic...

yeah... i also found out about this movie about 3 days ago... it's a new twist to the disney lineup of fairy tales. i find it pretty cool actually. and to mark it better... it actually comes in as one of the most anticipated movies of 2009 (yahoo movies)
    i don't really remember the site perse, but it was feature on the yohoo main page too. ^^

it is probably due to the rise in cultural acceptance in america or something of the sort... haha... probably a byproduct of Obama winning the elections. ^^
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Get ready for the huge backlash from groups screaming racisim. Its going to happen. I hate political correct people.

NEwho, here's an image of the princess

and a trailer for the film: Dailymotion - The Princess And The Frog

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Get ready for the huge backlash from groups screaming racisim. Its going to happen. I hate political correct people.

NEwho, here's an image of the princess

and a trailer for the film: Dailymotion - The Princess And The Frog
    When her name was first leaked out as "Maddy", the politically correct, self righteous fools took that as offensive. Apparently Maddy is too simple of a name, therefore it is a slave name.

Luckily the name was changed, so people should shut up now.
    Yea, what lows will these people not stoop to?
    Why hello there!

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

*hugs crimson* I missed you!!! We so have to catch up hon.

Honestly, I think the new princess looks beautiful. She has that natural African Woman look. Her hair isn't permed or straighten, and she holds her natural beauty without relying on much makeup like the other princesses. I like the curly, afro-ponytail thing they go working. Only thing I would change is her dress. It's ugly at the bottom, but that is just me.
    Aceman, I don't think many groups would Holler racisim. The name was changed because 'Maddy' is not only too simple, but its- honestly- isnt something a black girl would be called (and the whole name change to fit into america thing, but that is irrelevant). Its a rarity for me to run across a 'Becky' or a 'Jill' in my community. Also, I read that the story line once had her working for an affluent white family as a maid (kinda like cinderella) but because of intense backlash, they changed it. I don't know what the storyline is now, but I hope it will be good and entertaining liek the other princess movies.

I will not and dont have a problem with the movie as long as they dont make the prince white. I'm sorry but that would just ruin the damn movie for me. It would kill it for a black girl to need saving by a white man. Its the typical sterotype. I would like the prince too be black as well, maybe had dread. *drools* Thats just me.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

8. The Following User Says Thank You to princesslady For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Jan 11, 2009)

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice But Disney is no longer a family theme park, any way It seems Disney has been looking and reading books lately , not what I call an orginal ideas for animation,I would imagation they had to pay for the copyrights for the african queen ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast