+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Disney's new princess

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Disney's new princess

yeah... we do need to catch up... ^^ see you in my profile soon.

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    *hugs crimson* I missed you!!! We so have to catch up hon.

Honestly, I think the new princess looks beautiful. She has that natural African Woman look. Her hair isn't permed or straighten, and she holds her natural beauty without relying on much makeup like the other princesses. I like the curly, afro-ponytail thing they go working. Only thing I would change is her dress. It's ugly at the bottom, but that is just me.
    Aceman, I don't think many groups would Holler racisim. The name was changed because 'Maddy' is not only too simple, but its- honestly- isnt something a black girl would be called (and the whole name change to fit into america thing, but that is irrelevant). Its a rarity for me to run across a 'Becky' or a 'Jill' in my community. Also, I read that the story line once had her working for an affluent white family as a maid (kinda like cinderella) but because of intense backlash, they changed it. I don't know what the storyline is now, but I hope it will be good and entertaining liek the other princess movies.

I will not and dont have a problem with the movie as long as they dont make the prince white. I'm sorry but that would just ruin the damn movie for me. It would kill it for a black girl to need saving by a white man. Its the typical sterotype. I would like the prince too be black as well, maybe had dread. *drools* Thats just me.
    i never really thought of the prince charming part... but yeah... i guess getting a white prince appear wouldn't make the movie too successful in the public eyes... but i would want her to have a white "girlfriend", it will kinda show the developed relationship between the whites and blacks... i believe racial equality has already taken a big step in history...

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Nice But Disney is no longer a family theme park, any way It seems Disney has been looking and reading books lately , not what I call an orginal ideas for animation,I would imagation they had to pay for the copyrights for the african queen ..
    really? i never noticed that... but yeah... i guess disney really has dragged itself down a bit... they are actually being defeated by pixar already... hmm... but i guess the general public does miss the classic cartoon animations of the days... it's a fresh oldie -- so to speak. and i don't think i would care if it were a movie version of a book... a lot of movies nowadays are from books anyway...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I can't wait until this movie comes out. I'm glad they have a Black princess. They had White, Spanish, Native Indian, Middle Eastern, and Asian. Nice to see they're moving around races and cultures. Next should be Indian.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

You really don't want to go to disneyland and disneyworld what really goes on there is unfit for families to see. I wouldn't work there if they offered to pay loads of cash. It looks like the same old style of drawing just like all the rest of animations, What ever happened to one's orginal ideas, The animated movie might be good but.....It not thier own idea , it some one's else idea. Let's face they never be anime like japan,
    The family theme is gone from the disney Company

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    You really don't want to go to disneyland and disneyworld what really goes on there is unfit for families to see. I wouldn't work there if they offered to pay loads of cash. It looks like the same old style of drawing just like all the rest of animations, What ever happened to one's orginal ideas, The animated movie might be good but.....It not thier own idea , it some one's else idea. Let's face they never be anime like japan,
    The family theme is gone from the disney Company
    i have to agree with that... disney's reputatuion really has plummeted... the things you can value about them are only the classics. it's really sad... i remember that when i was a child i so loved disney. their movies, their stories, and their originality...

but let's let them recover... i bet they are trying... ^^
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crimson For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Jan 11, 2009)

Newbie Kimfamous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    i have to agree with that... disney's reputatuion really has plummeted... the things you can value about them are only the classics. it's really sad... i remember that when i was a child i so loved disney. their movies, their stories, and their originality...

but let's let them recover... i bet they are trying... ^^
    What has disneyland got to do with the movies or cartoons they produce? Its the same franchise but they're entirely seperate.

oh iono anything about what goes on at Disneyland though, but even then I've always loved their movies :P cos Im a suckahhh for badly characterized musicals YAY!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

oh god, something else just to be politically correct. did they think that because mariah carey destroyed cindrella that they had to come up with a black princess. oh i'm sorry. african american.
    here's the other the politically correct versions:
    jasmine: middle eastern, (i forgot her name from hunch back of notre dame) : romanian traveler, gypsy is rascist.
    i am joking of course. what would you call ariel then?

Newbie Naomi Vaine is off to a good start Naomi Vaine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    It's nice to see that Disney is going back to their roots and making this a traditionally hand drawn film. And I think we all need a break from the blonde, blue-eyed, bombshells. This new princess is going to be a welcome addition to the Disney pantheon.
    I agree. I'm so tired os seeing hanna all over the place. I grow tired of people when they're EVERYWHERE.
    very well said. Neo
    I think I've known you all along.
    I just lost your face in the crowed for a while.
    I think I've been holding my breath all my life, until you found me here tonight.
    So ask me now and I'll run away with you.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

They think it's new but it 's not, they can't create thier own ideas
    Mr.disney him self will scream bloodly murder to find out his place went heck.
    every animation they make is only a carbon copy like the rest of them
    the eyes are the same , I don't know man Anime has got disney licked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast