+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do dreams have meaning?

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Do dreams have meaning?

Do you think dreams mean something because I have no idea what mine means, if it does means something, because it was a really strage dream.

Ok I was walking down a road I know in Sydney, then I witness a crash, it was a bad one, but its was only one car and the driver was fine, no marks or whatever. Then I continue walking and then I witness both the Hindenburg crash and the 9/11 attack on the twin tower, WHILE BEING IN SYDNEY.

Does anyone posibly know what this mean? A attack, or somthing.

And possibly what is your strangest dream
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cantsenditback For This Useful Post:

DemonicKagomeTahoshi (Oct 24, 2008)

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Re: Do dreams have meaning?

well normally your subconscious will show you things, that have already occurred, or maybe it's something that you saw, like 9/11 for instance, and your now just dreaming about it again... now for the other one(s), I really don't know how to respond to that one.

Now for me, it was a long time ago, but my family, dog, and I all went to Disney Land, California, so I was just coming back from a walk with my dog, when I notice that the door to our room, was open, so I pick my dog up, and make sure her and I are EXTREMELY quiet, as we enter... the first person I saw was my brother, who had his throat slit, than as I moved to the kitchen, I saw my mom, lying face down, with a sword in her back, and gun shot to the head... I started to hear footsteps, coming from the bedrooms, towards where me and my dog were, so I took her, and we both hid under the sink cupboard... I heard voices, but couldn't understand them cause it was either Chinese, or Spanish (No offense to people who are Chinese or Spanish)... than next thing I know the cupboard doors fling open, and than... nothing, at that point I awoke, with sweat dripping down my forehead, my heart racing, and my breath a little jagged... than the next day when I thought back on it, I couldn't figure out the reason for it, but one thing I did know, was that something like that DEFINITELY, scared the hell out of me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonicKagomeTahoshi For This Useful Post:

cantsenditback (Oct 25, 2008)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicKagomeTahoshi View Post
    well normally your subconscious will show you things, that have already occurred, or maybe it's something that you saw, like 9/11 for instance, and your now just dreaming about it again... now for the other one(s), I really don't know how to respond to that one.

Now for me, it was a long time ago, but my family, dog, and I all went to Disney Land, California, so I was just coming back from a walk with my dog, when I notice that the door to our room, was open, so I pick my dog up, and make sure her and I are EXTREMELY quiet, as we enter... the first person I saw was my brother, who had his throat slit, than as I moved to the kitchen, I saw my mom, lying face down, with a sword in her back, and gun shot to the head... I started to hear footsteps, coming from the bedrooms, towards where me and my dog were, so I took her, and we both hid under the sink cupboard... I heard voices, but couldn't understand them cause it was either Chinese, or Spanish (No offense to people who are Chinese or Spanish)... than next thing I know the cupboard doors fling open, and than... nothing, at that point I awoke, with sweat dripping down my forehead, my heart racing, and my breath a little jagged... than the next day when I thought back on it, I couldn't figure out the reason for it, but one thing I did know, was that something like that DEFINITELY, scared the hell out of me.
    I can understand what you are saying. And the information of a certain event could be changed alittle bit like the area or time. But I don't know how I would of dreamt of the hindenburg though. It happen 5 decade before I was even born. All I can remember was watching some show on the hindenburg crash, that may be it.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard voices, but couldn't understand them cause it was either Chinese, or Spanish (No offense to people who are Chinese or Spanish)...
    Well if you don't know which language it was, I am assuming you don't really know how to speak either one. Since it ws YOUR dream, I am willing to bet it was jibberish... which to you sonded Chinese or Spanish. ...Unless... How trippy would it be if, in our dreams... We actually DID know languages we can't understand while awake... o.O

This thread is going to blow my mind maaaan!

Anyway, to answer the thread starter... Yes, I believe dreams have a meaning. And I used to be big on dream interpretation books. Then, you start realizing just how many different ways there are to interperate dreams. And surely, different sources will offer you different outlooks.

After so much digging... I have come to some conclusions. Firstly, I think any aspect of a dream can have several different meanings, depending on the person and where they are in life. So in other words, If 2 people dream about giant cucumbers... it may not mean the same thing for both of them. That being said, the best source to turn to, to better understand you dreams... Is yourself. If you need help, turn to someone who may be able to help you get in touch with your own mind and its patterns. Like a therapist, or psychic medium (you'd be surprised how closely related those two professions can be).

As to your dream in particular.... It wouldn't take it to literally. In fact, I wouldn't take much of what I "see" in my dreams, to be literal. Your dreams sound like it indicates destruction. A certain level of destruction is often needed for change.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I do believe dreams have meaning. Everything in a dream is created by the subconcious, so whether or not it has meaning to the world is still up in the air, but it will always have meaning to the dreamer.

I remember once a friend of mine wanted to try this Wiccan spell. It was supposed to show your what your spirit animal was. I obliged and wrote down the incantation in a notebook, left it open to that page, and left it on the bead of my bed, as the instructions indicated.

That night i was in a house i did not recognize, though it apparently belonged to my cousin. I came face to face with a large picture window, construction being done outside. It was winter and dark. I heard a strange noise, and looked down to my left. A German Shepard was standing next to me, barking at what was outside. I awoke and realized "wow, that really ****ing worked!"

So yes, i feel dreams do have meaning, insignificant or not. It's just how you want to interpret them
    Why hello there!

Fallen Angel of Darkness mangalovertje may be famous one day mangalovertje may be famous one day mangalovertje's Avatar
    Somewhere I can be at peace...With my mind and my heart...In the Darkness...
    Thanks

Dreams have meanings..That's for sure..
    Dreams can tell you what already has happend or what's gonna happen...
    Or what you are the most scared of...
    It's scary when the come true...

I have dreams of things and the come true sometimes...
    This one is the most scaryest of all cause it really happend...
    It was so that on my previous school was it that every year a student died..
    It was in my third year and a student died...
    I was telling I hope it is not a student from our class that will be next...
    A couple nights later I dreamed that a student from our class died...
    A couple weeks later a student died from our class and it was a close person too...

At first the dream showed my fear and then it came true...
    I was scared as hell really I was...
    Sometimes I think could I prevent it from happening?..

Dreams can show your desires too...

Just like I dream about a happy family cause I dont have one...
    So with me it showed my desire...

So YES dreams really have meanings...
    We are affraid of losing controle...But why should you be affraid of losing it...While you didnt have it...

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, like most people here, I do believe that dreams have meanings.

They can tell you what has happened in the past, or what might happen in the future. Some dreams may seem pointless, but I think they all do have meanings. Like your dream was probably your subconcious of what has happened in past events. Sometimes hajor events can do that to a person.

As for me, my weirdest dream was...very very unusual, and was very recent.
    Okay, it was like this. It seemed to me I was a wolf, and that I was running through a dense forest, being chased by something. Then, suddenly, the forest cleared and I'm faced with the edge of a very tall cliff. I didn't have anywhere to run, so I turn around to face whatever was chaseing me, but before I could fully face it, the ground gave way and I found myself falling. Then, right before I hit the bottem, I woke up.

I have no idea what that means, but I have been constantly dreaming it for the past few nights, so yeah.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Seeing destruction but living through them might mean crisis situations coming to life but overcoming and surviving them.

Dreams of family members being killed means the fear of losing relationships to harms way and being left alone. The dog represents comfort. Perhaps you need to spend more time with your family.

A wolf can represent being a loner, a dense forest means confusion, being chased means fear, the edge of a cliff means an impossible choice, facing the fear means courage, the ground giving way means great changes will take place since you have the bravery to face any challenge. You are not only a wolf but a very resilient one facing danger all around you yet still being in one piece. May show signs of stress all over the place, but overcoming it.

My dream was I lost my history book and was worried. I looked all over the house and found it outside in the mailbox. May mean I worry too much about homework and the book in the mailbox means things I worry about are a given.

Another dream I painted my nails. The more I painted my nails the less they were painted. My quick take on that is that I do things that don't work. May mean making the same mistakes repeatedly or being sloppy, repetitive and ineffectual.

Another dream I was walking in a meadow with many trees and saw an airplane go by. May mean I was on earth while my family is leaving (in the airplane). It signaled that I spent too much time alone and my family is leaving me. The trees represent not knowing what is beyond them (the future)... but I'll be o.k. since I felt no fear though I will be separated from my nuclear family. Perhaps I'll get married or move or have my own life.... at least that is what the dream book said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast