Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: do girlfriends/boyfriends ruin friendships?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do girlfriends/boyfriends ruin friendships?

The friend is second fiddle to the love interest. That's how it has been, how it is, and how it always will be. Give the guy some slack as he explores the world of girls. Eventually they'll tire of each other and the relationship ends.

Girlfriends can be cured, friends are terminal.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Mercenary SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara may be famous one day SousukeSagara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    this question kinda relates to what i am experiencing now. my friend ryan, who has never had a girlfriend in his life currently is engaging himself in one. now believe me, i am wicked proud of the guy. he is my best friend after all and i'm glad he's enjoying someone the way he is. the only downside is, is that the time that i would spend hanging out with him has gone to her. like today for example. mondays have always been our hang out days, but now he spends all day with his girl. now i truly like the girl. she's really nice and all but it just seems i'm losing time with my best friend. all the good times that i seem to have had in the past are all gone away. this might just be my imagination. this might just be something that will have no effect on the future. however from past experiences, i think i'm re-enacting something catastrophic. now i introduce the question again, do girlfriends/boyfriends destroy friendships?
    It depends you know... If your friend cares about you and with someone he/she loves, he would spend the time with both of you two... It's time management that enters here, if he can manage time and seperate it to you and to his/her love... Your friendship will never end, but if he's/she's careless and thinks only his/her love... You will be gone to his/her mind...

Otaku raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche's Avatar
    Thanks

Do boyfriends/girlfriends ruin friendships?

In my opinion, it does not ruin friendships.
    why?
    Because if your friendship has a strong foundation, it will last!
    If the friendship is not superficial, it would endure different changes that might take place.
    If one of your friends are into a relationship, changes are there for the both of you to adapt.

The time would come, and each one of you will have families of your own

Thank you very much,Reese for this wonderful signature ^_^

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i agree with most people who say that they don't really ruin friendships. I suppose when people are in love, they really want to make their partner as happy as they can and if it means spending as much with them as possible then they would be prepared to do so. I for one would love to see me BF everyday and go out together but as its a long distance relationship, there is many complications. But through out the past year we have manged to get through all of the arguments we had and are still together.

As far as my friends are concerned, see as it is a long distance relationship it means that when i am not at my Bf's i am with my mates at Uni and having a laugh. But when i leave Uni, i know things will change but i will do my best to remain in contact as from past experiences of moving to Uni, i lost my big group of friends because they didn't bother to contact me back. That didn't do well with my moral i admit but it made me realise that friendships do mean a lot as they are there for you no matter what. So if i was in your best friends shoes, i would try to spend as much time as i could with my partner but still take time to be with my best friend
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing in the universe happens by force you let it happen.

So no they don't.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

that is true Phoenix, because to a certain degree we are the ones who control how much time we spend with people!!

So if i was in your situation, i would speak to my friend just to let them see whats going on because sometimes somethings can cloud our judgement.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think boyfriends or girlfriends necessarily ruin friendships. It depends on both sides of the party. Take my case for example:

One of my bestfriends now has a boyfriend, it's the first time she has ever had one. I was very happy for her, and even before she accepted him, the guy has already become my friend. At first, I thought I should give the two some space to be alone with each other (and this made me really sad, because I was going to miss my friend so much, but I wanted her happy most of all, so I kept away...), but as it turns out, my bestfriend still wants to spend as much time with me as possible, and her boyfriend, wanting her to be always happy, also wants me around. He even had a serious talk with me, where he told me just that and that he does not want to ruin our friendship, and that I am also special to him since I am special to his love; he wanted me to be there still for my bestfriend. So, all is well, and I am very much happy when I am with them both. It can get awkward at times, but once we've got used to it, it just seemed natural for me to hang out with them. They also care for me, and we have lots of fun doing silly stuff. The relationship did not change our friendship at all, and better yet, I could say, it has also turned out for the good since now my bestfriend and I both know not even relationships can hinder the friendship we have preciously treasured over the years. We can still keep that, and be in love at the same time ^^

And so, it really depends on the people involved. If you really love a person, one has to learn to be more accepting and to welcome into his own world the world of the person you love. True love has no boundaries and is eternal.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

None of my friends have ever ruined a relationship for me. I may have tried to ruin one of theirs. Only because they're suitor wasnt up to my standards.
    Seduced by Flesh

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast