Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: do girlfriends/boyfriends ruin friendships?

Newbie like2play may be famous one day like2play may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: do girlfriends/boyfriends ruin friendships?

I think that sometimes when people start a new relationship not only are they caught up in the excitement of it, but they dont know how to spread their time out between the one they have fallen head over heels for and their friends. I dont imagine that your friend is intentionally blowing you off, he is just caught up in the excitement.

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

well i have to say sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. it just depends on the person i think. some people/friends are better at spending equal time with their friends and boy/girl friend. so i think u should just tell ur friend hey can we hang out some time a bit more. just becuase we haven't seen or hanged out for a while.so to repeat yea sometimes they can and sometimes they can't just depends if they know how to balance their time between the 2.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Newbie Albireo may be famous one day Albireo may be famous one day
    Thanks

If you ask me, the girlfriend should not be taking the time you and your friend spend together. If you think it is then you should ask him if he would take her along with you sometimes. If she says no then she's obviously not as nice as she claims to be.

I think that a girlfriend should be willing to do things with your friends as well as you do things with their friends...whatnot. Thats just me though.

Newbie SuperDude22 may be famous one day SuperDude22 may be famous one day SuperDude22's Avatar
    Thanks

here my two cents, they can if it aint handle correctly. for example, if the boyfriends/girlfriends friend doesnt get along with the one the friend go out with (if that makes any sense lol). Another thing i think is if in going out with the girl/boyfriend the friend begins to drift away from their real friend. envy also plays a big role, but only depends on the friends outlook.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Jealousy might play a major role in ruining the friendship. After all a girl might like this guy who already has a girlfriend, or other way around. Either way it may lead to lost in frienships.
    On the other hand, it doesn't only have to be girlfriends/boyfriends who ruin friendships. It could be others as well.

Otaku For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost may be famous one day For3v3r_Lost's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hamu-hamu
    Jealousy might play a major role in ruining the friendship. After all a girl might like this guy who already has a girlfriend, or other way around. Either way it may lead to lost in frienships.
    On the other hand, it doesn't only have to be girlfriends/boyfriends who ruin friendships. It could be others as well
    You're right about that. Jealously does cause friendships to ruin. A friend of mine kept on seeing that me and my bestfriend are very close and always talk to each other, hug each other, the usual. She tries to do the same thing with my best friend and I was very shocked. So, not only girlfriend/boyfriend relationships ruin friendship. ^_^
    "I love you with all my heart that I can't explain how much in words."

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen quite a number of friendships grow apart or fail because of this...

Unfortunately, I myself am experiencing the same thing with some, if not most, of the people I have known for so long and loved so dearly...

It's quite sad and a bit disappointing really...

But I guess it's nobody's fault in the first place because it happens, and we should just cope with it; and in my case, eventually accept it...

Although my answer is "No, they do not exactly ruin relationships." I cannot deny the fact that I feel that we are drifting apart because they have found their missing piece... And since that void has been filled, there will be no need for another to provide that...

People change, and that is a constant...

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: do girlfriends/boyfriends ruin friendships?

Not really. There is a group of four with two of us dating. We have been friends forever and I've always liked the guy I'm dating so not much really changed. We all still walk each other everywhere but my bf and I hold hands and hug but no friendships ruined. Sorry bout yours though.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast