+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do Numbers Have Meaning?

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do Numbers Have Meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    Actually, i take my answer back. Numbers don't have meanings because if they had meanings they wouldn't have had to be made by human knowledge, a legend is a legend people can't just go and make one. So no numbers may have meanings which they do. But they don't have a really big meaning as humans created them.
    Legend? Huh? Do you mean something special, holy, along the lines of that?

Do numbers have any... special, otherworldly, and above all, tangible (if you know what I mean) sort of significance attached to them... I don't think so, except with the exception of one number. Special, yes. Otherworldly and/or holy? Flat-out no. Though that number does make my mind swirl with rapture :smirks: at certain times. :laughs pensively: But in all seriousness, I genuinely don't believe there's anything special along those lines about numbers, though I do acknowledge how important numbers can be. Computers, chemistry, a 7th grader's reading requirement, etc.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Actually, i take my answer back. Numbers don't have meanings because if they had meanings they wouldn't have had to be made by human knowledge, a legend is a legend people can't just go and make one. So no numbers may have meanings which they do. But they don't have a really big meaning as humans created them.
    This isn't completely true. All the basic laws of Physics can be expressed as integer quadratic equations. (And no one has yet to figure out why? As an example, Einstein's matter to energy conversion theorem is E = MC^2, not E = MC^1.99999...) And as far as the Astronomical observations go, the Universe has been acting this way long before mankind ever existed. Humans didn't invent numbers, they only discovered their existence...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, yes... If numbers didn't exist, then I'm sure most, if not all life on Earth would be all screwed. ...Because there'd be no water, and you need certain numbers of certain atoms to make a water molecule... ___ atom/s of hydrogen bonded with ___ atom/s of oxygen, right? To sum up Len's point, in case his mathematical and/or scientifical :heh heh: confused you, the universe has been using numbers long before humankind has existed... If you believe in that stuff.

Remember, 49 is the meaning of life. Though 2 and 1 have a big part in creating it in the first place...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    Ah, yes... If numbers didn't exist, then I'm sure most, if not all life on Earth would be all screwed. ...Because there'd be no water, and you need certain numbers of certain atoms to make a water molecule... ___ atom/s of hydrogen bonded with ___ atom/s of oxygen, right? To sum up Len's point, in case his mathematical and/or scientifical :heh heh: confused you, the universe has been using numbers long before humankind has existed... If you believe in that stuff.

Remember, 49 is the meaning of life. Though 2 and 1 have a big part in creating it in the first place...
    Numbers only started to exist the moment we defined them. Life seemed to be doing just fine before that.

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well you have kind of answered your own question. Your birth date means the day you were born which is that meaning if you understand what i mean .
    Ok thats not wat i ment.But i gues its kinda true.w/o numbers life as we know it would be a veritable hell.We wouldn't kno how many things to order.There would be no way of telling

Otaku Sakura Uchiha is off to a good start
    Thanks

I do think they have meanings.
    14 is my favorite and lucky number.
    Aug.1 is my birthday
    13 is my sisters fav. number
    Dec. 19 is her birthday.
    i think they do have meanings

Don't trust me....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3