+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do people get on here much anymore?

Newbie puku6 may be famous one day puku6 may be famous one day puku6's Avatar
    Thanks

Do people get on here much anymore?

So, I'm just curious here...
    It has been quite a while since I last logged on here.
    Guys this is pretty much the first forum I had ever joined, I have already lost a few.
    It's just kind of sad. nostalgia.
    I know I don't have much room to talk, but anyone else notice?
    I look at the front of the forum, only a few sections have it where people responded yesterday.
    many say like 10 days before.
    I always like coming back here every once and a while to see how things are going, I have a lot of good old
    memories here. I would hate for them to be erased.
    I'm so happy that everything I have posted is still here.
    It's like a time portal into how pop culture was and how its changed...
    So much can happen in 8 years. * 3*
    What are your thoughts?
    Even newer members must have the feeling even little?

Newbie KaoriN8 is off to a good start KaoriN8's Avatar
    Can't tell or that evil shinigami will find me
    Thanks

Re: Do people get on here much anymore?

yes, I totaly agree!
    I just joined recently, was lucky to make even some friends here but still ...
    I came back after a while and there are almost no new posts, which I think is really sad.
    it would be nice though if I am proofed wrong and more things would happen soon
    let's see ...

Now, that's what I call eye candy!

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, I have to agree that this forum has been slowly declining over the years. I haven't been active for a long time now but when I felt like having a look for nostalgic sake. >.> yea this place is pretty much dead.

Most of the key players move along a while ago. Remember a few went and made another forum elsewhere. Kinda miss it cause we did have an active SFX group, poem section, and fan fiction. Almost forgot to mention the heated debates that we use to have.

Yea, it really is a shame. But I guess people do move on.

Otaku raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche may be famous one day raja_psyche's Avatar
    Thanks

SAme here, its been like since six years.... since i came back here. Yesh, the memory of good old times is so nostalgic. I was looking for my past posts and the comments :3 it feels like its just yesterday. People were overly active and lively back then.

Indeed there are times when people have to move on. Well, memories are always here to stay.

Thank you very much,Reese for this wonderful signature ^_^

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Early 2002 seems so far away now. This account was created when the huge shift occured/ended, so I lost many posts and memories back then.

I remember creating a thread for poetry because there were no sections for poetry back then.

I remember when ''emo'' became known on the forums and killed a then flourishing poetry environment had existed.

I remember when moderation somewhat made the poetry section continue onwards, having to ban a few people that constantly stole works from others on the web.

I remember POTM that I initiated and originally offered a prize for the first contest, among with other GREATS of Old AO.

I remember the RPG section that I helped create, but then eventually left as I was too busy with other projects.

I remember many changes that took place throughout the years, be them website owners, newcomers coming about in waves and more waves, people leaving, going to other forums, epic fights of doom and so much more.

I remember Hassun. He's the one I'll always remember. As my signature says, he is my favorite philosopher.

Though, I will remember all of you that influenced my inspirational life.

May the pleasures of old always reside within you and among us,

+Soldat of Life+

P.S.: I should try to be a bit more active though, even if life is as always, truly hectic in my goals to further links between Canada and Japan :P
    Last edited by Soldat of life; Jun 21, 2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: correcting typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post

I remember Hassun. He's the one I'll always remember. As my signature says, he is my favorite philosopher.
    I don't think anyone will be able to forget Hassun.

So many old posts, so many memories.

Back in the day it used to be a lot busier. I don't feel very motivated to post anymore because there is no quality, some of the topics are just so stupid I feel like I wasted my time reading them. lol If all the older members came back I think we could make this place better, or even new members who have some substance. Something like that anyways.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Unlike lovelies such as Zev who've been here for a decade or longer, the few years I myself have spent on AO have been mostly tight. The community was quite warm in its welcoming me and the frequent exchange of "Thanks" and the users who'd occasionally praise my own posts, it was a pleasant feeling to have parading around you for a few minutes. It's been sort of lousy around here lately, and being as subtle as one can be, the site's decline is evident to any veteran member. The contrast is eerily despairing. There's are a few indelibly memorable individuals that I've been happy to encounter on this site. Zev, Beast, Soldat of Life, HolderOfTheDarkChalice, FlawedMind, nathanael, atomik_sprout, and others that I apologize if I may've forgotten.

Unless who's ever running the site these days does something soon, the decline and inactivity will only become greater. I'll still post occasionally but I miss the days when the place was bumping with life.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I just logged in after about two years of inactivity.... Honestly... I thought this was an entirely different community. I had to attempt to log in to make sure it was the right website. It is sad that the community is growing more and more inactive but that's what happens, people tend to move on. I myself haven't even been watching much anime these days and I'm only reading a few manga. I'm too busy working and living my life... which I think is part of the problem. All of the classic AO users have just grown up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast