+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 51

Thread: Do you believe in love?

  1. #25
    Newbie dustin scott is off to a good start dustin scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Do you believe in love?

    i'm not sure if i believe in it anymore... looking at my past and looking at my present i'd like to say it's real because otherwise i dont know why my past hurt as badly as it did and looking at my present i wouldn't be able to explain the way i feel towards my girlfriend but... i'm just not sure anymore. love is indeed just a word that is used to express emotion but in todays society it's tossed around so much that i just dont know anymore what the emotion i'm supposed to feel that's supposed to go with that word is. i'd like to say that as long as i have the undieing desire to be around someone close to me that that is love but whats the honest answer if you have that with many people in your life? does it mean you're jus lonely and want people to share your life with or does it mean you're unsure of yourself and the love you feel? i have a great love for friends and family even though most of them end up hurting me at some point in time so how can i really know what love is or if i believe in it. love is a never ending elusive game of emotions and heartplay. i can't begin to understand what true love is in a traditional sense so i honestly couldn't know if i believe in love. if love is simply giveing your heart to someone and them giving theirs to you then... well, i have 3 true loves in my life that are not family and they're all girls so how do i truely know if i love just one of them and i'm attracted to the other two or if i love all three of them? how do i seperate love in a significant other from the love i feel towards friends? i'd like to believe in the idea behind love but i can't begin to understand my own, let alone someone elses emotions so i dont know if i can understand what love is. but if its as simple as surrounding yourself with people that your heart skips a beat when you're around then sure, i believe in love but i might have too much of it. i dont know... there are even people online that make my heart race and skip a beat when i talk to them online. not just girls but guys too but dont get me wrong... i'm completely straight but there are some guys who just understand me really well and i get excited when i hear from them. mostly girls in general make my heart race but i usually ignore it until my heart skips a beat when i talk to them.i think love can be real if you understand your emotions enough.
    It seems to me,that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying, and try so to live, that our death brings no pleasure on the world.
    - jhon steinbeck

  2. #26
    Newbie Sesshy0 is off to a good start Sesshy0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida where it gets boreing T.T
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Do you believe in love?

    Eh =\
    Love....belive.I'd have to say half and half.Because at one point when you think you found the love of your life,then turn around that so called love betrays you,is it love then?Then that person goes asking them self"Is love really real,how can i believe in it if i keep getting hurt?"
    "Calling your name, kill me with words.
    Forget about me, it's what I deserve.
    I was your chance out of your town."

  3. #27
    Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Life is an illusion.
    Posts
    2,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: Do you believe in love?

    Love is real when you open up, along with your emotions. Love takes maturity and time, so kids saying "I love you" without knowing how it feels like, how and why it is why it is, then they are talking vaguely [just like I am now.]
    Simply put, love is not because there is life, love is there because some life forms do have emotions. Us and animals.

  4. #28
    Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Posts
    2,027
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 42 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Do you believe in love?

    Quote Originally Posted by angel from hell View Post
    Somewone say "Love is not real" wath you thynk? love is real ,ore not? Ive heared too many times some discusion on dhes theme but i dont think its a bad thing to belive in love. Wath You think?
    If somevone wod tel you something about dhes wath wod be you awnser?
    It worthet to love somewone ore not? If not why?
    Love is what keeps people alive, its part of being alive too. To some, Love is worth waiting for just to feel yourself being whole for the first time in your life. If you go on living never loving someone, then how can you really experience life to the fullest? If anything, you denying your one true chance to live. Love is part of the journey of life, as human we are here to find a life companion so we can experience the world from a better perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Sex before marriage is not love it's lust
    I seen too much lust every where than love it's time to go back o basics
    You really think that is the case? I mean what if the people involved don't believe in marriage, is that saying that they are not in Love because they don't want to get married? I love my boyfriend very very much, and if you ever see us together, you can tell how in love we are. Just because people choose to sleep together before marriage, doesn't mean they are not in love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Love is real when you open up, along with your emotions. Love takes maturity and time, so kids saying "I love you" without knowing how it feels like, how and why it is why it is, then they are talking vaguely [just like I am now.]
    To me love is more than just caring about another human being. Its about; opening up to them, letting them know what you are feeling without holding anything back. Letting them see every side of you, just because you might have a dangerous side, it doesn't mean the person that loves you is going to run away. But rather love you even more for not hiding anything from them. Working things out together without pushing the person away, working as a team to get through things and rely on the other person for support. Its also about being another person for as long as you can, never leaving there side and always being there when they need you the most. Its about settling down with the person you really love and never being able to see yourself living without that person in your life.

    If you don't love someone with all your heart then it is not love, but clearly lust. Love is an emotion that will hit you and once you experience, you can fully understand what I am talking about. Love should never be taken likely but never held too tight either.

    Plus, if there wasn't any love in the world, then there wouldn't be pain either. Life would just be too dull and average no matter what you do. We all need to experience pain in order to feel love. Its like when you get hurt by a close friend, yet you have other friends to be there and support you get back on your feet. Its like that in a relationship, you get hurt by one person, only to be fully loved by another to show that them/you just what love is truly about.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

  5. #29
    Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Life is an illusion.
    Posts
    2,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: Do you believe in love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Love is what keeps people alive, its part of being alive too. To some, Love is worth waiting for just to feel yourself being whole for the first time in your life. If you go on living never loving someone, then how can you really experience life to the fullest? If anything, you denying your one true chance to live. Love is part of the journey of life, as human we are here to find a life companion so we can experience the world from a better perspective.
    Rather, love is what keeps us together and more importantly, sane. True, it's a part of living, being alive. And I agree, about not loosing someone and not experiencing life to the fullest, but, it doesn't have to be a person loosing someone to experience life to the fullest; life has pleanty more pain other than that! The problems we have are what makes life worh living - most of the time.
    Hmm... as humans, we have a natural tendency to find a life companion to feel love and not be alone. True, true...


    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    You really think that is the case? I mean what if the people involved don't believe in marriage, is that saying that they are not in Love because they don't want to get married? I love my boyfriend very very much, and if you ever see us together, you can tell how in love we are. Just because people choose to sleep together before marriage, doesn't mean they are not in love.
    Mhm...



    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    If you don't love someone with all your heart then it is not love, but clearly lust. Love is an emotion that will hit you and once you experience, you can fully understand what I am talking about. Love should never be taken likely but never held too tight either.
    No it's not, lust is when one person or both know that they have nothing to actually love about each other; lust is nothing but probably the most acquiescent desire - for physical pleasure. By what you said, I can only vaguely assume that being in love means fulfilment of physical needs; so if one person does not open his or hear heart and goes on without any or slight consideration, then it is lust or just half lust.
    Love can hit you, but how do you know it's love?
    - Maturity
    - Experience through similar situations
    - The time you've spent with that person
    -_______________ [fill in the blanks]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Plus, if there wasn't any love in the world, then there wouldn't be pain either. Life would just be too dull and average no matter what you do. We all need to experience pain in order to feel love. Its like when you get hurt by a close friend, yet you have other friends to be there and support you get back on your feet. Its like that in a relationship, you get hurt by one person, only to be fully loved by another to show that them/you just what love is truly about.
    Oh, there will be. Love isn't the only emotion. There would be still emotional and physical pain. The rest I whole heartedly agree with.


    [Nice signature by the way~]

  6. #30
    Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Posts
    2,027
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 42 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Do you believe in love?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Rather, love is what keeps us together and more importantly, sane. True, it's a part of living, being alive. And I agree, about not loosing someone and not experiencing life to the fullest, but, it doesn't have to be a person loosing someone to experience life to the fullest; life has pleanty more pain other than that! The problems we have are what makes life worh living - most of the time.
    Hmm... as humans, we have a natural tendency to find a life companion to feel love and not be alone. True, true...
    Yes I know we can hurt in many different ways, and there of course other types of love in world. I mean doesn't the Japanese have different types of words for the different meanings?

    What I was talking is Love, true love with another person

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    No it's not, lust is when one person or both know that they have nothing to actually love about each other; lust is nothing but probably the most acquiescent desire - for physical pleasure. By what you said, I can only vaguely assume that being in love means fulfilment of physical needs; so if one person does not open his or hear heart and goes on without any or slight consideration, then it is lust or just half lust.
    Love can hit you, but how do you know it's love?
    - Maturity
    - Experience through similar situations
    - The time you've spent with that person
    -_______________ [fill in the blanks]
    Thats the thing with love, you can't be told what its like because you have to experience it for yourself. Its different for everyone as its more personal than just a general emotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Oh, there will be. Love isn't the only emotion. There would be still emotional and physical pain. The rest I whole heartedly agree with.


    [Nice signature by the way~]
    yes there are ways to be hurt, but still, if you weren't able to feel the opposite of the pain you feel, then how would you tell you are hurt?
    Like you can't be happy if you can't feel sadness, you can't feel joy without grief. You cannot have one thing without the other, as you will have nothing to compare it to.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

  7. #31
    ~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    862
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts

    Re: Do you believe in love?

    i haven't always believed in love but I definitly do now. its hard to believe in something when you haven't experienced it. But now that I have, man is it great. Even with its ups and downs.

    Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

  8. #32
    Newbie emobigirl is off to a good start emobigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    E.C
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Do you believe in love?

    YES,I DO BELIEVE IN LOVE,AM ACTUALLY IN NOW AND WATS CRAZY IS AM IN LOVE WITH 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
    I MEAN LIKE ITS 2 BOYS AND A GIRL BUT I THINK AM MORE IN LOVE WITH THE GIRL I MEAN SHES JUST SOO AWESUM.YEA BUT I REALLY DO LOVE HER!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Love!
    By HolderOfTheDarkChalice in forum Poems
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jun 18, 2007, 09:46 AM
  2. Love
    By Mini Dev in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 17, 2007, 10:53 AM
  3. I Don't Love You
    By Akura13 in forum Poems
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jun 15, 2007, 11:25 PM
  4. I love you
    By Sincere in forum Poems
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2006, 08:16 PM
  5. love?
    By setsuna mudo1617 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2006, 07:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts