+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in love?

Newbie Dark Hero Kazuma is off to a good start Dark Hero Kazuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you believe in love?

It is extremely difficult to decide whether I believe it's real or not. I've felt love before, but every time I had my love thrown right back at me with devastating force...so I do belive it is real, but I don't trust it.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought we already had an AO Love Thread. >_> Guess it's just not that appealing.

Well, I think love is real. And it takes a lot if you know a lot.
    The more you know about mental issues and chemical imbalances within the body itself... and the longer you haven't felt TRUE love, and the more you've been heartbroken... all that added together makes Love seem like just a myth.

I'm not gonna' lie to ya', I know how the "feelings" of love can be produced and they often lead people into thinking of foolish, non-sensible things. I know how illogical love can be, and how illogical it is itself. Love itself doesn't seem to make sense if you take it all in by logic. Its reasonings and its very existence is just as boggling and such a farce as any religion.

I mean, it is one thing to think of "wanting" and "yearning" and "choosing your partner", but a whole new thing to be "needing" and "breaking" and "something beyond other emotions"... and even more ridiculous with "crying" and "dying" and "the only reason to live".
    Happiness, sadness, and etc... such easy emotions to pinpoint. But love? I mean, the human body can send of hormones and such for feelings of mating and selfishness, but... the abstract idea of how people describe love?

Sure, we can easily classify what the "butterfly feeling" is, and what the "swooning" and "weak knees" problems are. We can easily jot down a clear answer over obsessiveness and dependence for a person. It's not too hard to figure out "love at first sight".
    All of these are easy! Like, REALLY easy. It's in our body, it's obvious. And you know what we call it? : "Infatuation".
    One of the main components of "puppy love".

Yet... there's more to it, isn't there?
    We can easily describe other types of love... such as things in our genes, traumas in our heads, even the feeling of "DUTY"... all this is almost impossibly easy, because it's happened many times before, and many people misunderstood it.
    Yet... there's more to it, isn't there?

What about true love?
    Not the insanity of dead-on infatuation.
    Not the gratitude of a friend.
    Not the yearning of a mother/father figure.
    Not the sweetness of a younger sibling.
    Not the ridiculous pity care.
    Not the trust of a partner.
    Not the fun of an enemy.
    Not even the "love that breaks down all walls".
    All these aren't true love, but are found inside it.

How about the love that's lasted 80 years? How through all those years, they've stayed together and never once cheated on each other, and even still find a fascination with their every look, action, and appeal?
    That's true love.
    Where even to this day, they wake up and find the other beautiful.
    Where they still have the same charm in their eyes for each other.
    Oh, they DO fight and they're not always kissing and smooching... but the fact that their relationship has stayed the same and grew stronger through the years: That's true love.
    They still remember their puppy love years, and still remember their raunchy sexual fantasy years, and even remember their troubled times that endangered their relationships...
    But they evolved from that. They sowed the seed of love, and through every weather and every predator and threat: It has grown and become much stronger... almost impossibly stronger.

That's true love. And it can't be explained by science, and human-relation-psychology claim it shouldn't have lasted this long ( call it a "freak accident" )... according to these standards, this type of love should have ended, and they should only see each other as "life partners" with a hint of love. They believe that at this point the love should have been transferred onto the children.

...and do you know why? Relationships aren't magically perfect. It isn't the same thing day-in-and-day-out. You can't EXPECT a relationship to stay that way. And time and history has proven that "true love" is an IMPOSSIBILITY. And henceforth, studies show the same thing.

...a relationship is hard to nurture, but it can form into true love. You can't expect it to grow itself.
    As a couple, as a team, as friends, as enemies, as neighbors, as siblings, as the other's parents, and as strangers: It is your job to nurture this love, if either of you aren't willing to give this relationship a 100% commitment, then expect it to fail just like every other couple out there in the universe.

So yes, I do believe in love. I 100% believe in it and protect it.

Oh, and one more thing: Just because you're together doesn't mean you still truly love each other. You may just like each other or even just the simple "love" each other.
    Being together is nothing more than that: Being together.

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

Yah I beleive in love. Love is a deep feeling of affection, a feeling of intense desiretowards a person, yet it is also attachement, and addiction.
    Love is an emotion that souldn't be described by just one word as it is. it is not visable, but you know it is out there. Love can only be expressed it can not be seen.
    It has been said without love the world would die. I beleive this to be true because love is careing for someone, if a mother didn't care for her child it would surely die as would the world if we didn't care for it. Life is also pointless without love, we would have no real emotion, nothing to strive for because we just wouldn't care.
    Then again because of love hate has also been created. Not to mention depression from loss love, lonelyness, fear of rejection, and pain.

kAe
    Newbie kAe is off to a good start kAe's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah.. love is real.. but sometimes it makes you believe that it is not real because some person didn't still find their true love..so that they give up.. we must dont give up in anything, of course also we need to believe that love is true.. LOVE is the only thing you can treasure in one person right..?? even you get hurt still its memorable..ehehe.. take care..

Newbie soulidiumgirl is off to a good start soulidiumgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I believe in love…

Love is a confusing emotion that can’t be figured out and put to a definition. It comes in various forms. A person can love their parents for the people they are and what they went through and they could love their brother and sister for simply being there when they are needed. Love can be found between two close friends who feel lost without each other’s presence and friendship. Love can be wonderful and delightful when found with the right person. But how does one fall in love with the right person? No one knows until it’s found. People don’t chose who they love, it just happens. The emotion could bring confusion and cause the person experiencing it to ask questions. They may wonder why they love the person they do and why it had to happen to them. For others it may be too complicated, so they choose to ignore it. It can’t completely be ignored, no matter how hard one tries. Love can form between two people completely different from each other, and wrong for each other and yet when they are together it feels right to them.

As Soshi Kitai said,

...a relationship is hard to nurture, but it can form into true love. You can't expect it to grow itself.
    As a couple, as a team, as friends, as enemies, as neighbors, as siblings, as the other's parents, and as strangers: It is your job to nurture this love, if either of you aren't willing to give this relationship a 100% commitment, then expect it to fail just like every other couple out there in the universe.

Newbie alyne is off to a good start alyne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angel from hell View Post
    Somewone say "Love is not real" wath you thynk? love is real ,ore not? Ive heared too many times some discusion on dhes theme but i dont think its a bad thing to belive in love. Wath You think?
    If somevone wod tel you something about dhes wath wod be you awnser?
    It worthet to love somewone ore not? If not why?
    sometimes ifeel so sure that it doesn't exist, but my two friends seem to have htat special connection.
    otherwise, nobody has ever been able to prove to me that it is actually real

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Love is real, why wouldnt it be real? If there was no such thing as love, then we, humans would have already destoryed ourselves. Love is basically the only thing keeping us alive

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Love is an emotion we make it as real as we think nessacarry, if you belive it isn't real you have no love in yourself, whihc often leads you off the wrong direction through depressing stages, well thats my opinion. Love can be powerful and even take lives, we choose how we control it as many people say it controls us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast