+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: do you belive (in magic)

Newbie theedge182 may be famous one day theedge182 may be famous one day
    Thanks

do you belive (in magic)

do you belive in magic not like BAM fireball but more or less like i'll cast this spell to make my enemy life misrable or to make yourself more healthy so you can live longer. because i do

Otaku ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you belive

Yeah, I do, too. I always have. I used to only believe in the Catholic religion, until I started thinking for myself. Then I realized how constricting it is. I started asking questions my priest and dad couldn't answer, and then I was introduced to Wicca. It's so freeing! So pure! Nothing is asked of you, other than that you BELIEVE, and practice safely. I personally prefer crystal magick. I seem more in tuned w/ whatever powers there are that way. Also, my name is Krystal. So, nice coincidence. ^_^
    Treat me like an angel, and I'll be your little devil.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do you belive (in magic)

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by theedge182 View Post
    do you belive in magic not like BAM fireball but more or less like i'll cast this spell to make my enemy life misrable or to make yourself more healthy so you can live longer. because i do
    Belief is one thing... What is more interesting is if you can PROVE that this spell to make your enemy life miserable, or to make yourself more healthy (that is, beyond normal placebo effects ...) actually works...

Then again, one of the famous Science Fiction Authors of the late 1940s (Sturgeon??) wrote 'That if the difference in technology is great enough, there is no discernible difference between science and magic'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Belief is one thing... What is more interesting is if you can PROVE that this spell to make your enemy life miserable, or to make yourself more healthy (that is, beyond normal placebo effects ...) actually works...

Then again, one of the famous Science Fiction Authors of the late 1940s (Sturgeon??) wrote 'That if the difference in technology is great enough, there is no discernible difference between science and magic'...
    I have heard that voodoo's do work in certain countries, especially in the third worlds where men would go there to just have sexual relationships with women and then leave.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I have heard that voodoo's do work in certain countries, especially in the third worlds where men would go there to just have sexual relationships with women and then leave.
    Er.....that's not voodoo, that's just contracting an STD hehe....Can't say there's anything mystical about that.

I don't believe in magical spells or whatnot, but rather the human mind. It's simply just psyching the body into believing something, making it seem real. If you believe that some spell/incantation/something is going to heal you, then you're obviously going to think that you're going to get better, making it seem like the spell has worked. It's just mind over matter. It might not actually make you better, but since you've psyched yourself into believing that it will, then you think has worked.

But I guess in that sense it does work a bit, because it allows the mind to have more control over the body.

In terms of voodoo, and making an enemy's life miserable, that's not magic either. That's just life. Eventually something bad is going to happen to everyone, it's only a matter of when. But doing the spell makes you THINK that there's a connection between the two events, making it seem like the spell worked.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Newbie wishper may be famous one day wishper may be famous one day wishper's Avatar
    Thanks

i know...this might sound idiotic...but i dont find sence so believe in things which
    existance can't be proven...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    Er.....that's not voodoo, that's just contracting an STD hehe....Can't say there's anything mystical about that.

I don't believe in magical spells or whatnot, but rather the human mind. It's simply just psyching the body into believing something, making it seem real. If you believe that some spell/incantation/something is going to heal you, then you're obviously going to think that you're going to get better, making it seem like the spell has worked. It's just mind over matter. It might not actually make you better, but since you've psyched yourself into believing that it will, then you think has worked.

But I guess in that sense it does work a bit, because it allows the mind to have more control over the body.

In terms of voodoo, and making an enemy's life miserable, that's not magic either. That's just life. Eventually something bad is going to happen to everyone, it's only a matter of when. But doing the spell makes you THINK that there's a connection between the two events, making it seem like the spell worked.
    No no, I mean like the women would feel wronged left with a kid without a father and would use voodoo until he comes back and take responsibility. not std

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe in magic, I think it only exists becuase there is a serious lack of education and understanding in the minds of some youth . "Magic" is simply a way to explain or glorify natural occurances which certain individuals do not understand, comprehend, or accept as natrually occuring (same as certain religions). Just becuase scientists didn't understand something didn't mean they announced it as magic, they announced it as something they didn't understand and proceeded to do the opposite. Follow their example, and stick your head in a science book, where it belongs. Calling stuff magic is just an excuse to use your ass to sit on instead of using your head to think with.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Dec 19, 2006 at 11:32 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast