+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you go to Church?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you go to Church?

~! I went to Church a couple of times. I still remember this one particular Father at a Church near my parents' home, with whom I involved in divers theological discourses. He was a great man. Well, my principal site of worship is a Temple; I worked at Temples and Shrines many years. And at home, we keep a small shrine where my family and I worship and observe religious events.
    Last edited by kedar; Jul 04, 2007 at 07:55 PM.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I always went to Church till I entered my second Year at Uni. I found that I was getting to tired to go to church every week and things go hectic and I wasn't able to catch up. I only go to Church with my parents at my parents house. But I don't feel that being at Church is really where I need to be at the moment. When I go to New York I want to go to Church and help out as much as possible and even start my own Christian dance company to help as forms of worships within the church. My parents church before I went to Uni would ask me to do a dance during some Sundays and it would really help. I just wish I had more dancers at my stage to dance with. So I am hoping that will happen.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cidrazib View Post
    christain religion seems to force people to their beliefs. how many are christian? or is some sort of club.
    No, we don't.

I guess you must have had some kind of bad encounter with a Christian. There are lots of Christian denominations, some of which have greatly varying beliefs and principles (which I think is kind of sad, given that we're all one people of God at the end of the day). Some radicals, too, but then there are radicals of pretty much every religion except maybe Buddhism. Just understand that we are not a club, we are children of God, and we go around trying to bring people to the Lord (or, in layman's terms, "convert people") because we believe that's the only way people can go to heaven and have eternal life after death. It's kind of like.. "acts of mercy" on our part.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    No, we don't.

I guess you must have had some kind of bad encounter with a Christian. There are lots of Christian denominations, some of which have greatly varying beliefs and principles (which I think is kind of sad, given that we're all one people of God at the end of the day). Some radicals, too, but then there are radicals of pretty much every religion except maybe Buddhism. Just understand that we are not a club, we are children of God, and we go around trying to bring people to the Lord (or, in layman's terms, "convert people") because we believe that's the only way people can go to heaven and have eternal life after death. It's kind of like.. "acts of mercy" on our part.
    I think he's American so most people he knows are Christian. So religious people probably ticked him off many times in his life. Most of the churches around here are Baptist or Methodist. Would I really notice a difference if I went to one or the other? I understand about the different views and stuff. Mormons and Jehova Witnesses are notorious for relentlessely trying to convert people.
    Knocking on someone's door at 7a.m. Saturday Morning is annoying. And even ringing someone's doorbell multiple times to try to convert them is even more annoying. My aunt turned the hose on those people for ringing her door bell so many times.

Newbie Lyla may be famous one day Lyla may be famous one day Lyla's Avatar
    Thanks

I go to church at least every 5 months. My family (excluding my father) used to go every Saturday. I'm not too sure why we stopped going. After the Hurricane Rita fuss, my mother said she was going to go to church every Saturday. She never did though...

THEY can have the WORLD, we'll CREATE our OWN.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I think he's American so most people he knows are Christian. So religious people probably ticked him off many times in his life. Most of the churches around here are Baptist or Methodist. Would I really notice a difference if I went to one or the other? I understand about the different views and stuff. Mormons and Jehova Witnesses are notorious for relentlessely trying to convert people.
    Knocking on someone's door at 7a.m. Saturday Morning is annoying. And even ringing someone's doorbell multiple times to try to convert them is even more annoying. My aunt turned the hose on those people for ringing her door bell so many times.
    Heh, I know. My sister and I encountered a bunch of Mormons in London. They kept bugging us, so after a while we just stopped answering the doorbell. It was annoying though, having to listen to it go off so many times. Ehhhh I didn't think Methodist churches would be common in the States - I was thinking more Evangelists, you know, charismatic denominations like AOG, that sort of thing.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont see a point to go to church. If i want to hear the same stories over and over again ill go and if want to hear someone scream for no reason then ill go. there's nothing new they can tell you and show you there and as long as you know what you believe in and stuff you dont need to go.

Now that were on this subject how is it that a "father" has the power to forgive some one of all there sins? I mean he's just a human so he has no right to tell someone that there sins are forgiven that's the god you pray to job. I dont know about you guys but to me it sounds stupid that just cause a person is s person of faith doesn't mean they can forgive you of your wrongs.

Do to others as you see fit

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

i go to church err sunday to praise the lord for waking me up this morning and leting me see another day. i love the lord and i praise him. aint no shame in my game.'

Deny me before man and i shall deny you before my father.-

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast