+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you go to Church?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you go to Church?

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1 View Post
    I dont see a point to go to church. If i want to hear the same stories over and over again ill go and if want to hear someone scream for no reason then ill go. there's nothing new they can tell you and show you there and as long as you know what you believe in and stuff you dont need to go.
    It only seems the same if you convince yourself that you're hearing the same thing over and over again. I don't know where people get the idea that all sermons are the same. Every week it's a different scripture verse, a different lesson.

Now that were on this subject how is it that a "father" has the power to forgive some one of all there sins? I mean he's just a human so he has no right to tell someone that there sins are forgiven that's the god you pray to job. I dont know about you guys but to me it sounds stupid that just cause a person is s person of faith doesn't mean they can forgive you of your wrongs.
    Father is God.

Are you trying to say that God lacks the godly ability to forgive people of their sins? No, scrap that, you just said God is human?

Newbie ME2LOL is off to a good start ME2LOL's Avatar
    Thanks

lol i go to chuch once a month but only becuase its good faith, not like im forced to go

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with blue. God is NOT human. Who said that? and he ca forgive us of our sins to allow us to enter he gates of heaven. God is our heavenly father that gave us birth FIRST before we were even conceived. And god is a being that can forgive peoples wrong doings so why complain when you can repent and be given another chance

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie ME2LOL is off to a good start ME2LOL's Avatar
    Thanks

lol i go to chuch once a month but only becuase its good faith, not like im forced to go

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    I agree with blue. God is NOT human. Who said that? and he ca forgive us of our sins to allow us to enter he gates of heaven. God is our heavenly father that gave us birth FIRST before we were even conceived. And god is a being that can forgive peoples wrong doings so why complain when you can repent and be given another chance
    I believe Avatar theif was refering to the guys at church who are known as father so 'n so. I think what he's trying to get at is the fact that church is a establishment built by man, and the people who work there are only human. Listening to them has no signifigance, because they speak the word as they understand it. Who's to say that these people know the truth? They aren't god. About every sermon being the same, it's not that everyday is the same thing, but history is unchanging. If you have already read the bible, then you will hear the same stuff every day.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't go to the church much... On funerals, on weddings, when on a trip (just to see its beauty) and I think I went to church on a celebration too (once).

I just feel sometimes too dirty to go in a church... Dunno why... the feeling is not that good... I feel like looking down and sighting...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    I believe Avatar theif was refering to the guys at church who are known as father so 'n so. I think what he's trying to get at is the fact that church is a establishment built by man, and the people who work there are only human. Listening to them has no signifigance, because they speak the word as they understand it. Who's to say that these people know the truth?
    Ah, I guess so. But when you think about it, church elders are supposed to be wiser than the congregation anyway. Not more "favored" by God per se, or granted any special powers of forgiveness, but they would be more well-versed in theological matters, and they'd be able to pray for people and that sort of thing. I mean, sometimes when people come up to me all distraught and stuff, and I pray for them/with them, I tell them that they're forgiven. Not so much because I have the power to forgive their sins (unless they've wronged ME), but because I'm pretty sure God forgives. On one hand, you might argue that I don't know the truth, but on the other hand, isn't God's love and mercy the truth?

At least, that's what I believe.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: Do you go to Church?

I don't like going to church,but my parents make me. I don't have to go every Sunday though! One of my friends goes to church Wednesdays and Sundays and stays after church on Sun. for programs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast