+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you go to Church?

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you go to Church?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    It only seems the same if you convince yourself that you're hearing the same thing over and over again. I don't know where people get the idea that all sermons are the same. Every week it's a different scripture verse, a different lesson.

Father is God.

Are you trying to say that God lacks the godly ability to forgive people of their sins? No, scrap that, you just said God is human?
    Yea but there's only so much they can read from and what i mean from "father" is a father from the church there human not god or a godly beings to say that our sins are forgiven

I believe Avatar theif was refering to the guys at church who are known as father so 'n so. I think what he's trying to get at is the fact that church is a establishment built by man, and the people who work there are only human. Listening to them has no signifigance, because they speak the word as they understand it. Who's to say that these people know the truth? They aren't god. About every sermon being the same, it's not that everyday is the same thing, but history is unchanging. If you have already read the bible, then you will hear the same stuff every day.
    Is mega the only person who understands what i type or something. I mean Blue took it a completely other way. Also no one but god has the right to forgive people. If someone really wants to repent then do so and move on you dont need an other person to say "your forgiven"

Do to others as you see fit

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello? I wish you'd read my last post. Geez. I may have gotten the wrong idea first, but after mega put it a different way I had something else to say. So READ.

Also, you may think you don't need someone else to say "you're forgiven", but it may come as a huge comfort to the person who is in dire need of forgiveness. It's really reassuring. Maybe you're just too insensitive to see that.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

That may be true blue but im not the topic at hand. So yea i dont go to church anymore cause of boring sermons that iv heard before and cause iv read enough of the "book" to know the stories it holds

Do to others as you see fit

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

There was a time I went to church every Sunday (I'm a Latter-Day Saint, otherwise known by the slang term Mormon), even did Seminary for 2 years, but as of late, I haven't been going (personal reasons). Last time I went to church was Christmas morning services.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Does anyone here go to church? I was talking to this cute girl but I found out too late that she's religious. I only go to church for funerals and weddings what about you guys?
    Do not taint the peaceful innocent, you pure-blooded sinning heathen! JK! JK!

I'm religious... but I don't really go for these Christian-streamed Christianity nor do I go for the fanatical-streamed Christianity...
    So... as you can tell, I don't go to church often.

I went A LOT when I was younger. (Including church events, Youth Groups, church trips, holidays, etc)

And I've been to A LOT of churches. (Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc)

But I do happen to live next to a church.
    When I feel like it, I drop in for a lesson or two.
    John MacArthur, the pop-idol-sensation of Christians worldwide, is the pastor there (haven't heard of him? He's practically the only Christian pastor that's been featured on TVs and radios that never asked for donations... also the only Christian pastor to be featured on famous interview-shows faced against different religions).

...he really knows his history of the Bible, I can tell you that. =_= I get kinda sleepy listening to him describe every-single-gosh-darn-thing on a single story of the Bible. I swear to God he's like the History-channel for the Bible, he can practically even tell you what they were wearing at the time of the friggin' story! >_O ( WTF! )

Anywho...
    I honor the Sabbath day, and keep it holy. But nowhere in the Bible did they say to go to church every sunday... and by the way, more accurately, the Sabbath day is SATURDAY! Historically, the Sabbath day is supposed to be on a Saturday, we just made it easier for ourselves by putting it on a Sunday.

Sooooo... yeah. I go to church when I feel like it.
    I believe meditations are more fulfilling than someone shoving information down your ear.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    But nowhere in the Bible did they say to go to church every sunday... Sooooo... yeah. I go to church when I feel like it.
    I believe meditations are more fulfilling than someone shoving information down your ear.
    It may not be mentioned, but I think going to church is a very good thing to put in practice. At least, even if I'm burdened with work the other 6 days of the week, I'll still have church on Sundays to keep me.. well, in step with God, so to speak. Don't think of it as having information shoved down your ear (after all, people don't get coerced at readings/sermons, just spoken to); think of it as someone older and wiser teaching and reminding you. Besides, if you make time for church every Sunday, it just shows that you really want to spend more time learning His word.

Lots of youth in my church skip Sunday service, and it really upsets me. I don't have the right to tell them what should they do, but it does reflect in their lifestyle. It's not a matter of learning and following rules anymore, it's a matter of knowing your priorities. God should come before all other commitments. That people who were born into Christian families and baptized as little children and attended Sunday school so many years still can go so far as to cut church out of their schedule (even though it only takes up a couple of hours)....... *sigh*

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    It may not be mentioned, but I think going to church is a very good thing to put in practice. At least, even if I'm burdened with work the other 6 days of the week, I'll still have church on Sundays to keep me.. well, in step with God, so to speak. Don't think of it as having information shoved down your ear (after all, people don't get coerced at readings/sermons, just spoken to); think of it as someone older and wiser teaching and reminding you. Besides, if you make time for church every Sunday, it just shows that you really want to spend more time learning His word.

Lots of youth in my church skip Sunday service, and it really upsets me. I don't have the right to tell them what should they do, but it does reflect in their lifestyle. It's not a matter of learning and following rules anymore, it's a matter of knowing your priorities. God should come before all other commitments. That people who were born into Christian families and baptized as little children and attended Sunday school so many years still can go so far as to cut church out of their schedule (even though it only takes up a couple of hours)....... *sigh*
    In that extent, Church is like a spa and a place of knowledge.
    A place to let go of your problems (forgiveness and being with God) as well as a place of enlightenment.

I have no problem with that.
    I understand and respect that.

But in my area of life, I ended up being preached to by hypocrites and also extremely conservative pastors and family and friends... there was a point where I would have loved to shout "That's not what God meant!!!"...
    But of course, then I'd be called a blasphemer.... again.

I still go to church for learning though. Not exactly a spa for me...
    I find it more relaxing if I were to talk to God myself in my everyday life and meditations.

So it all depends on people whether church is the best choice for them. (However, most people don't think it's good for them at all, when they're the problem, not the church)

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

My church won't let me come in. I said some bad things about god. which are true. God is all-knowing, and never makes mistakes, correct? So if it's a sin to be , and they are men and women out there, then by my personal opinion, God doesn't exist, because he's not flawless by the church's own set standards.

As you can tell, I don't go to church, but I believe in some of his laws, like not people.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast