Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you know someone with Autism

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you know someone with Autism

It's not like that all , I did not say I was bashing , I said he eats all day, and when he has his fits i leave the house.
    This Autism is new to me Mod so your going have to under stand my point of veaw.
    I supervised handycap kids and yes I ejoyed it, one time My autism nephew broke one of my japanse collectables when he had his fits , I didn't do anything but billed my sister for the damages.
    the one one thing you can't have in the house is breakables things when some one is having autism fits. So Mod there is no bashing here.
    Last edited by Manga artist; Feb 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    It's not like that all , I did not say I was bashing , I said he eats all day, and when he has his fits i leave the house.
    This Autism is new to me Mod so your going have to under stand my point of veaw.
    I supervised handycap kids and yes I ejoyed it, one time My autism nephew broke one of my japanse collectables when he had his fits , I didn't do anything but billed my sister for the damages.
    the one one thing you can't have in the house is breakables things when some one is having autism fits. So Mod there is no bashing here.
    I think the reason for the comment, is to help you recognise that so far, most of these posts have been lacking substance.

Your opinion is fairly bias, and perhaps a little study on the subject could help. There are many ways of dealing with them, but knowing how to do so, is the first step. Don't have breakable things in your house? I suspect those thousands upon thousands of families who have a member with autism, have more than plastic dishes and rubber furniture.

You said you have supervised a number of kids, but have you talked with anyone else who has? Probably someone with a bit more experience, a parent perhaps? It could help you out I am sure, but if neglecting the child is a reason for the behavior, the problem doesn't lie solely with autism.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

It be my Sister's problem it be,
    but so far I hear so much about this problem on TV and the internet.
    Is autisum is caused by drugs or by birth problems?
    from what I read thier trying to find out what causing this to happen.
    but having a doctor sucribe Calming medicain for the autisum paient could be the right thing to do with this disorder.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    It be my Sister's problem it be,
    but so far I hear so much about this problem on TV and the internet.
    Is autisum is caused by drugs or by birth problems?
    from what I read thier trying to find out what causing this to happen.
    but having a doctor sucribe Calming medicain for the autisum paient could be the right thing to do with this disorder.
    Autism Fact Sheet: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)

Here is a quote.

"Scientists aren’t certain what causes autism, but it’s likely that both genetics and environment play a role. Researchers have identified a number of genes associated with the disorder. Studies of people with autism have found irregularities in several regions of the brain. Other studies suggest that people with autism have abnormal levels of serotonin or other neurotransmitters in the brain. These abnormalities suggest that autism could result from the disruption of normal brain development early in fetal development caused by defects in genes that control brain growth and that regulate how neurons communicate with each other. While these findings are intriguing, they are preliminary and require further study. The theory that parental practices are responsible for autism has now been disproved."

Well I suppose parental guidance isn't an issue anymore, but that environment comment makes me wonder.

"There is no cure for autism. Therapies and behavioral interventions are designed to remedy specific symptoms and can bring about substantial improvement. The ideal treatment plan coordinates therapies and interventions that target the core symptoms of autism: impaired social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and obsessive or repetitive routines and interests. Most professionals agree that the earlier the intervention, the better."

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I know a two people with autism, One I'm TOTALLY envious of him, he is GOD at Guitar Hero, he is amazing at the guitar, and he literally is amazing at the piano. The other is on my swim team, he's a captain to, he is literally the heart of the team for he's always rooting us on, and telling us to do our best, even though some of the kids try to pick on him which is kinda annoying, still, great kid.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    I know a two people with autism, One I'm TOTALLY envious of him, he is GOD at Guitar Hero, he is amazing at the guitar, and he literally is amazing at the piano. The other is on my swim team, he's a captain to, he is literally the heart of the team for he's always rooting us on, and telling us to do our best, even though some of the kids try to pick on him which is kinda annoying, still, great kid.
    That is because Autism is not the same mental retardation. The second case is so because the captain is probably comfortable with you and the team, which should be consider a success and props for your team on achieving such a thing.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie naruto_4893 may be famous one day naruto_4893 may be famous one day naruto_4893's Avatar
    some where in the darkness drowning. i need someone to save me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    That is because Autism is not the same mental retardation. The second case is so because the captain is probably comfortable with you and the team, which should be consider a success and props for your team on achieving such a thing.
    it sounds a lot like me. i know only one person with altisam. that one person is me.I don't let it get me down even though i have many kids that hate me cuz i'm smarter tan them i'm a better draler than them'and all i ever do is play games.Some times i wish that they would just let me be.So i come here to talk anime with pepole.so i can get away frome the ones that envy me and i feel sory for them.for they don't know what it is like for me.

Thankx Highteckdudu

Thanks

They say drugs causes Autism or some other lame medical illness that causes Autism, what ever Autism real is, TRUST ME
    it's no FUN putting up with it , it's no picnic living with it and it very ayyoning,
    The senseless crying and the fits no fun to see,
    IT"S NOT BASHING ! IT THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS Autism crap.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast