Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do you know someone with Autism

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you know someone with Autism

Autism is a spectrum disorder... and it can manifest itself differently in different people.

I have a mild form of autism myself (asperger's). I'm incredibly uncomfortable in large groups of people, have trouble expressing myself at times and ocaisionally shut down completely confronted with strangers or strange situations. My facial expressions don't always communicate my feelings accurately, I can seem "spaced out" to people and tend to get "lost in my own world". It's improved quite a bit as I've gotten older and learned to deal with it... most of my IRL friends in Japan don't even know that I have it. When I'm under a lot of stress, it gets worse. After my father died I ended up crumpled in the corner at a few parties crying my eyes out, saying incredibly offensive things to people without realizing it and being afraid to leave my house because I was irrationally afraid of any sort of social situations.

I also teach 5 autistic students in Junior High and visit with even more in elementary schools.

They're all incredibly different but share one thing: they have trouble understanding social situations, others feelings and expressing their own appropriately.

I include myself in that statement.

As for your comments manga artist: I think you're an idiot. I would go into how you have no right to complain about what goes on in a home that you don't own or to judge a situation you've never dealt with: but I think it's enough to say simply this = I've never met an autistic I didn't like more than I like you now. That INCLUDES the mean ones.

This topic is as offensive as hell.

So is your attitude.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

I be very rich if can only invent a cure for autisum , some kind of device to remove what's causing the autisum.
    And yet mod you still misjudge , autisum can be handled by calming madication and some other medications.
    I asume that you have some Patience with working autisum.

tsurara
    even your a mod here does not give the right to judge me you don't know me and I'm far oder than you, you have your self to blame of your misjudgments

So due to misjudgment by you I here by order this thread shut down ,
    Last edited by Manga artist; Feb 13, 2008 at 08:33 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Closed by request of the thread starter.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3