+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you live by a Code?

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you live by a Code?

Throughout our ages in existence, between the battles of words describing good and evil actions, we as a race have come up with ways of life to be catagorized and sorted. Usually, when some group of values is brought together it becomes a 'Code' of conduct.

Whether it's baseball or just life, swordsmanship or spirituality, do you have a code? And do you follow it for the most part?

Here is a code I've written a long while back summing up the main 21 Ideals I had gathered which were by values in this world.

The 21 Articles of the Warrior Way.

This code of mine had guided me all the way here, more or less and I have come to keep it close at hand.

Tell me folks, what do you think of my code? What is your own code? Do you think they are worth it? And what about your opinion on respect for other's codes?

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetsanosuke Kirikami For This Useful Post:

abby724 (Dec 14, 2007)

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Do you live by a Code?

Yea, I live by Code Geass.

(lame, I know....)

But seriously, I live by personal moral codes. One such code is that if I ever find a person who has committed acts of child molestation, it's my personal duty to make them disappear or neuter them most heinously.
    Also to protect the innocent, guard the weak, and all that other stuff...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Youth-anime-fan View Post
    Yea, I live by Code Geass.

(lame, I know....)

But seriously, I live by personal moral codes. One such code is that if I ever find a person who has committed acts of child molestation, it's my personal duty to make them disappear or neuter them most heinously.
    Also to protect the innocent, guard the weak, and all that other stuff...
    I like how you were so detailed. =p

x3

But still, I agree with the Child Molestation part. All power to yah by my ideals. ^^

As long as they are truly proven to be guilty of the act, sometimes people can be framed by masterminds that wont be mentioned.

Why?

Because they are masterminds, there's no way we'll find out who they are. That's just the cliche.

Newbie darkwolfchild is off to a good start darkwolfchild's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that all of us, just a little, live by some sort of code. Most often by the morals instilled to us by our parents, that sometimes get counteracted by society. Personally I live by my own code, though when I was little, I went to Europe and Asia and heard about the 'Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword.' Codes.

This was the basis of my code, though it has changed a little each time as I get older, 'live by the pen, word, honor, etc, die by those.' I keep the silence is golden rule, except when I shouldn't, and prefer the treat people with respect and how you want to be treated as well. Old Morals, Old Codes basically. I hold honor and truth above all, so I guess I follow the Arthurian Code as well, Valor, Truth, Justice.. etc.

Your Warrior Articles should be printed and posted somewhere in a very populated place, because it holds a lot that people should value. I enjoy and respect it, and you sound like a very good person.

I think every person code is worth it, because at the core we tend to value the same things. I respects others and tend to listen and perhaps adapt it to mine if I find it resonates with me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to darkwolfchild For This Useful Post:

Tetsanosuke Kirikami (Dec 16, 2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkwolfchild View Post
    I think that all of us, just a little, live by some sort of code. Most often by the morals instilled to us by our parents, that sometimes get counteracted by society. Personally I live by my own code, though when I was little, I went to Europe and Asia and heard about the 'Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword.' Codes.

This was the basis of my code, though it has changed a little each time as I get older, 'live by the pen, word, honor, etc, die by those.' I keep the silence is golden rule, except when I shouldn't, and prefer the treat people with respect and how you want to be treated as well. Old Morals, Old Codes basically. I hold honor and truth above all, so I guess I follow the Arthurian Code as well, Valor, Truth, Justice.. etc.

Your Warrior Articles should be printed and posted somewhere in a very populated place, because it holds a lot that people should value. I enjoy and respect it, and you sound like a very good person.

I think every person code is worth it, because at the core we tend to value the same things. I respects others and tend to listen and perhaps adapt it to mine if I find it resonates with me.
    Lime: I kinda find it funny when people say that this old Code is worthless and Barbaric. The truth in reality is 'Yes you may die by the sword when you live by it, but when you live by the book nothing is stopping you from dieing by the sword all the same. Just without self defense.'

I just giggled on the inside to that thought. But still found it cool that you learned about that over there.

Red: I am very honored to read that, and thank you very much on you assumption. I'm usually seen as the pillar of respect and 'good' i my social ring, though I don't try to milk it. Where I would be Light in the Stereotype, my buddy Aleister Sithis would be the darkness.

We are like ultimate contradictions, if we hold hands longer then 5 minutes the world will end. Not cool, I know.

Over all:

I'm diggin' your flow mate. Oi, tis great to hear such things out there y'know?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetsanosuke Kirikami For This Useful Post:

darkwolfchild (Dec 14, 2007)

Newbie darkwolfchild is off to a good start darkwolfchild's Avatar
    Thanks

I just noticed were in the same state. Thanks none the less. 'Chuckles,' End of the world huh? Yes, I know about how some mention its barbaric, but it did defend a lot of ideals and hearts in the past, so it has its goodness, though in each of us, I guess we all have a little of a barbaric nature, or sometimes called animalistic.

Thanks, and I did truly enjoy the way you think, now I'm repeating myself. (Bows politely.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to darkwolfchild For This Useful Post:

Tetsanosuke Kirikami (Dec 16, 2007)

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

That The 21 Articles of the Warrior Way is really beautiful... Conjured up images of honorable samurai and all that stuff, for some reason, I've always been a sucker for that "noble knight" image. I blame half of it on Samurai X. XD

A code that I live by? Well, I can't say that I've, eh, fancied it into an ancient creed or anything like that. But here are a few points that I live by every day; I don't necessarily want to live by them, but that's the best thing to live by in the lifestyle I'm in. So yeah, it's not really a code perse, just a set of rules that I have to live by if I want to live as best as I can... And most of it sounds really silly.

—Don't hurt people, especially if it'll just do harm to yourself, unless necessary.
    —Screw personal health! In the position you're in now, the image you project to others, pride, and ego is what's most important. I really, really hate this one; can you say stomach ulcers and stress-related illnesses? Yeah. But really, it's necessary for me...
    —Perturb as many people as possible without gaining the risk of getting referred for therapy, lawsuits, et cetera, et cetera.
    —Try to hold back in the perturbing personality quirks when necessary.
    —Numb yourself when on the brink of an anxiety break down. Repair cracks in facade as soon as possible.
    —Pay attention to medicine doses... Don't lose track of dosages already taken. XD Ibuprofen can cause painful rashes if you're not careful, haha.
    —When arriving home, stay away from couches and beds. Taking breaks is bad for your success. Finish the work first, then collapse into something soft. Floors are bad places to fall asleep on.
    —Sever all connections with past, blissful memories. You know, compared with the stressful, hectic life I'm in now... it just makes it all the more depressing.
    —Spread the love...
    —Don't carry out intricate retribution plots.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

I dont live by any codes... not that i known of... maybe i do... i just don't realize it maybe... oh well...

To me what is bad must be stopped and controlled... i would do all i can not get myself doing any of those... I never want a fight started.. so i negotiate things slowly...call me a sissy...sheesh but i dont like violence... it's a waste of energy and only bring bad results to both... I like living my life simple... i am like a sloth...i do things slowly..

oh well thats about it i guess... i think theres more... but im blank now..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast