+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do you live by a Code?

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you live by a Code?

I live by a code, more based off my morales.
    I tried to write it down a while back, but I found so many exceptions to everything it was unreal. I gave up trying to write it down and decided one thing.

Live life the way that makes me happy, and do what in my heart I think is right.

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    I live by a code, more based off my morales.
    I tried to write it down a while back, but I found so many exceptions to everything it was unreal. I gave up trying to write it down and decided one thing.

Live life the way that makes me happy, and do what in my heart I think is right.
    Yet so many scholors and idealists take their time to write it out. Have you not a Legacy? Just joshin' yah.

But I guess you just have to be general with your values, because there are various different situations that call upon many many factors that you cannot control or otherwise not know you can control.

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke Kirikami View Post
    Yet so many scholors and idealists take their time to write it out. Have you not a Legacy? Just joshin' yah.

But I guess you just have to be general with your values, because there are various different situations that call upon many many factors that you cannot control or otherwise not know you can control.
    Haha, now you make me feel guilty, I may just have to work on writing it once more.
    One of the biggest loopholes I have come across when I was writing it was helping people. You can try all you want but, some people just do not want help or cannot be helped. Also as bad as this may sound some people do not deserve help. (Course that is a more rare occurrence, but something I have been dealing with right now.)

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Haha, now you make me feel guilty, I may just have to work on writing it once more.
    One of the biggest loopholes I have come across when I was writing it was helping people. You can try all you want but, some people just do not want help or cannot be helped. Also as bad as this may sound some people do not deserve help. (Course that is a more rare occurrence, but something I have been dealing with right now.)

Orange: Ahh well that's where generalizing comes in.

How about:
    "Help others, but if they wish not help or do not deserve it in your eyes, then you are not obligated by it to help them."

To be restricted by such specifics only tightens you down. That's why some codes are detailed enough to be looped about and manipulated to their use.

Red: Well, I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty, just haven' a hop scotch at'cha. ^^;

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3