Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think you want to get married?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think you want to get married?

In some ways I have this idealistic vision of what life should be for me. Marriage would fit into that vision.

But, so far, nothing in my life seems to be cohesive with that vision.

I've discovered that I only get hurt when I hope for marriage, or ponder on that vision. Especially when I am not in the position to cross that bridge.

Even the times I've been "proposed" to by men... just ended up being a temporary lift so I would endure a farther fall.

If I ever find someone who is truly devoted to a partnership with me... I will know if I want to be married.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Newbie Blitz is off to a good start Blitz's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had thoughts about getting married recently, but idk if I'm ready for it yet, even though I am 19 years old.

Newbie zero walker is off to a good start zero walker's Avatar
    Thanks

I am only 17 but i have had allot of thought on this for various reasons ... and i would love the idea of owning a nice house with a great woman and kids but i personally think marriage is kinda lame, i mean if your religious then ok but for just average people what doe marriage really DO ? The woman gets the guys name (mostly) and you are legally married, even if you are married you still have rows and arguments it just makes everything more complicated for splits and everything... i would love someone to explain the fascination in marriage and i will even try to take it on board ... but other than that i personally dont see the need ... ! Oh and im stingy so i lose half of my money in the divorce i wot b happy lol ! =]

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

you take chances when getting married, like his or hers parents what the heck do think of you. another thing some families marry off the sons or daughters and the poor soul is stuck supporting his or hers family.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Marriage is just a piece of paper for some.. so living together to see if a person and I are compatible would seem more practical to me though some think of it as immoral. I would marry though for the romantic in me and have a nice package deal in Vegas. Being married doesn't mean happily ever after though like some fairy tale. There will be times of insecurity, asking what the heck am I doing with my life? but people who marry and are compatible are healthier and live longer. I don't know about having kids. I'm schizophrenic and scared of passing down the disease. But a committed relationship dispels loneliness, and jealousy (especially around the holidays and valentines day).

It won't be a ball and chain situation if your spouse is also a welcome friend who you naturally have a dynamic with. Just don't rush marriage and live together first.. who knows.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree nothing like test drive each other before buying.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Married that is a promblem that i have not encounted yet and and i will like that up to fate, or god or the force and what if good luck does NOT come my way then I guess I shall be boarding or post on boards for the rest of my life.

Thanks

Not many people don't want to marry because of the after math from devorces.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast