View Poll Results: Does love conquer all?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 48.72%
  • No

    20 51.28%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 62

Thread: Does love conquer all? Explain.

  1. #1
    ~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    862
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts

    Does love conquer all? Explain.

    Well does it? Does love truly conquer all obstacles? Can love break down barriers and ignore stigmas and stereotypes? Or does love depend solely on the people who express it?

    I think so. I believe that love can bring people togehter and break down serious barriers that otherwise would not be broken without it. When I say that I think of the interracial marriages that have ended with a happy couple and beautiful children. Also that even after long periods of time that people can find each other and feel the same way or stronger about another person.

    How does it do this? I have no idea but maybe you might. So does love conquer all? You tell me.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________
    Also Which is stronger? Love between man (or woman) and God: love between mother/father and child, or between man and woman?

    To me they are all equally strong if you have them all. But that also depends on how old you are. If you are a child you may think that love from your parents and God are the only two kinds of love that matter. But if you are a teenager you may think that love between man and woman is more important. And if you are older you may have a deeper love for your children than that of anything else in your world.

    When I think about it, I can't truly think of a love that is strongest for me. I know that I love my parents and that they love me just as much as love them, but I also love my boyfriend, and my love for God is insurmountable. But I don't have one that stands out above the rest.

    What about you? Please tell.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Feb 01, 2007 at 04:56 PM.

    Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

  2. #2
    Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In solitude
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: Does love conquer all? Explain.

    in my opinion, i think love doesnt because at times, love can be confusing and bring much chaos. at times it may prevail and win the day and yaddy yaddy ya but most times, in reality, love is just confusing and rarely conquers anything

    Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

  3. #3
    Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    448
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Does love conquer all? Explain.

    Love can bring your own desmise faster than time could have ever acomplish. People who have lost a love of theirs rarely get over it and dwell on the past and forget about their future. In some cases they lose themselves trying to get back their lost love. I guess in other examples people can do things that they never could before because of love, so I suppose love can conquer all some times.

  4. #4
    Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Does love conquer all? Explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Hero View Post
    Love can bring your own desmise faster than time could have ever acomplish. People who have lost a love of theirs rarely get over it and dwell on the past and forget about their future. In some cases they lose themselves trying to get back their lost love. I guess in other examples people can do things that they never could before because of love, so I suppose love can conquer all some times.
    Ok love is something tha stenghtens your oul and well it gives you a good feeling. it does concer all becuase it makes people do stupid things to get that love. even if it means killing yourself. thats love for ya

  5. #5
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Does love conquer all? Explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    in my opinion, i think love doesnt because at times, love can be confusing and bring much chaos. at times it may prevail and win the day and yaddy yaddy ya but most times, in reality, love is just confusing and rarely conquers anything
    I agree love at times can conquor all but you know it can also do things that wouldn't normally be done. You have these people killing people to be with the ones they love. Love didn't conquor that because they will be separated and then the love may dwendell. As for the love between god man children woman or woman and man. It would be man children woman and God becuase they will will always be there your love for your child is forever but for another companion it could change.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

  6. #6
    Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Does love conquer all? Explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    I agree love at times can conquor all but you know it can also do things that wouldn't normally be done. You have these people killing people to be with the ones they love. Love didn't conquor that because they will be separated and then the love may dwendell. As for the love between god man children woman or woman and man. It would be man children woman and God becuase they will will always be there your love for your child is forever but for another companion it could change.
    Yea love can make you do stupid things and such and sometimes it leads to your demise. would that mean it conours all exept death? taht would me it doesn't concer all. unless you die loved and your still loved even ater death

  7. #7
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Does love conquer all? Explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    Yea love can make you do stupid things and such and sometimes it leads to your demise. would that mean it conours all exept death? taht would me it doesn't concer all. unless you die loved and your still loved even ater death
    I think the example of someone leaving on a business trip that takes forever and their wife gets lonely. So loneliness isn't ever conquored by love. I mean if you truly loved someone you wouldn't cheat on them.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

  8. #8
    Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    792
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Does love conquer all? Explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post


    I think the example of someone leaving on a business trip that takes forever and their wife gets lonely. So loneliness isn't ever conquored by love. I mean if you truly loved someone you wouldn't cheat on them.
    yea so that means that if your lony, you have no other choice and well... love cant conqer that. lol in a movie i saw once some girl hasent seen her huband in year and was afraid to loose his love so she kileld herself. tahts soemthign love would do right??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you believe in love at first sight? Explain.
    By NevesElocin in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 01, 2007, 05:00 PM
  2. What do you think is the true meaning of love? Explain.
    By NevesElocin in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 01, 2007, 03:49 PM
  3. Conquer online
    By The bouncer in forum Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2007, 01:33 PM
  4. Someone explain this to me...
    By Zui Quan in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 01, 2005, 09:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts